PDA

View Full Version : Maine Caucus Results Here

jdrochon
02-02-2008, 09:11 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/election/2008/dashboard/?d=ME

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#ME

CowCat33
02-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Ugh, we're SOOOOO close to McCrap...we need to beat him!!!

cero
02-02-2008, 09:21 PM
I dont believe this crap again Romney with over 50% wtf is going on

RufusTDoofus
02-02-2008, 09:23 PM
I don't understand the Romney thing either. In our general area I haven't heard of any support for Romney. There's one Romney sign out in front of a big house near the Sugarloaf ski mountain. Other than that, nada.

bkreigh
02-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Same here. It has been quite in regards to Romney. They sure showed up though.

Molly1
02-02-2008, 09:28 PM
You guys did great! Even third place is great! Just 100 votes away from Mccain. Still another third to count. Only 68% is reporting.

Green Mountain Boy
02-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Why does yahoo say that Romney has 18 delegates?

seapilot
02-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Same here. It has been quite in regards to Romney. They sure showed up though.

Just like they did to the Florida straw poll a couple of months ago? The one thing Romney is good at, is buying things for a lot of money.

TER
02-02-2008, 09:35 PM

you read my mind

icon124
02-02-2008, 10:01 PM
I hate MSM and I will get revenge!!!! LOL We all know Paul won that state....just like RP said he would LA...this is complete crap and GOP can go to hell!!!!!!!! GO RON PAUL!!!!!

Rangeley
02-02-2008, 10:03 PM

Because they dont understand the process, they assume that the delegates are all awarded to the winner of the straw poll. They arent though.

kickzman
02-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Crap this is becoming hopeless. This isn't a democracy anymore.:mad:

RufusTDoofus
02-02-2008, 10:34 PM
The caucus rules and process here in Maine are somewhat unique. I don't know of any other states that work the way we do. The Democratic caucuses follow their own different set of rules as well.

jdrochon
02-02-2008, 10:37 PM
It's been at 68% now for an hour. Hmmm

RufusTDoofus
02-02-2008, 10:39 PM
I don't expect it to change any more tonight.

kickzman
02-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Man I was really hoping for this to be a win. But the Revolution has to carry on atleast the message.

Rangeley
02-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Man I was really hoping for this to be a win. But the Revolution has to carry on atleast the message.
We are winning the most delegates, the straw poll has no bearing on the delegates at all.

syborius
02-02-2008, 10:53 PM

yeah, the ron paul people still have not learned to fight fire with fire.

RonPauledbyYoutube
02-02-2008, 10:55 PM
We are winning the most delegates, the straw poll has no bearing on the delegates at all.

Can you please explain the process on how they assign the delegates. This is somewhat discouraging. Not fatal but certainly hurts.

Rangeley
02-02-2008, 10:56 PM
yeah, the ron paul people still have not learned to fight fire with fire.
...What are you talking about? Again, we are winning the most state delegates, which is what determines who receives the national delegates. The Presidential Preference Straw Poll has no bearing on who receives the national delegates.

Rangeley
02-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Can you please explain the process on how they assign the delegates. This is somewhat discouraging. Not fatal but certainly hurts.
Delegates are elected at town caucuses. They do not have to vote for the winner of their towns straw poll and are able to vote for whoever they wish in the May convention. People run for the position, and in some cases get it uncontested, in some cases there is a second vote (seperate to the preference straw poll) which elects the delegates to their spots.

This is not discouraging at all, as all indications are that we will have a majority of these state delegates in the May convention, which will be able to award Ron Paul the 18 national delegates.

djlindholm
02-02-2008, 11:02 PM

None whatsoever?

syborius
02-02-2008, 11:04 PM
...What are you talking about? Again, we are winning the most state delegates, which is what determines who receives the national delegates. The Presidential Preference Straw Poll has no bearing on who receives the national delegates.

I realize that, I know we are picking up delegates, where do you see "the most".

Rangeley
02-02-2008, 11:04 PM
None whatsoever?
Absolutely none. The delegates are not bound to the winner of the straw poll, they can vote for whoever they want.

jrich4rpaul
02-02-2008, 11:05 PM
They caucus for 3 days. There's still tomorrow. That's why it's at 68%

Rangeley
02-02-2008, 11:06 PM
I realize that, I know we are picking up delegates, where do you see "the most".
From all the people reporting the results from the caucuses they attended. There are tons of topics from people reporting in, including one from Portland, the largest city in state, where we won at least 30 of the 59 delegate spots. We have done even better in the smaller towns.

RufusTDoofus
02-02-2008, 11:07 PM
It's important to note that the delegates chosen at the caucuses are delegates to the State GOP convention this may. Delegates aren't assigned. They are elected by the people participating at the caucus.

In our caucus only two people from our town showed up to participate. Our town is eligible for 7 delegates. The two of us are automatically the Town Chair and Secretary and are delegates. We can also attempt to fill the open delegate positions from our town with like-minded people. The presidential preference poll is not related to the number of delegates or their distribution in any way. (In some caucus locations the preference poll results were used as a compromise but that was by choice, not by rule.)

Not everyone is interested in being a delegate. It costs money and takes a considerable amount of time. For much of the state there's a long drive and an overnight stay at a hotel involved as well. Therefore only the really dedicated (or the crazy) are interested in being delegates. I think the majority of RP supporters went into their caucuses knowing that they wanted to do whatever it took become a delegate to the state convention. This is primarily due to the excellent grassroots organizational effort here in Maine.

So while RP might not be winning the popularity contest, his supporters are dedicated enough and prepared in advance to work towards filling as many state delegation positions as possible. That's by far the most important thing to look for today though there won't be any "official" numbers available.

slacker921
02-02-2008, 11:13 PM
"So while RP might not be winning the popularity contest, his supporters are dedicated enough and prepared in advance to work towards filling as many state delegation positions as possible." ...

Thank you.

kyleAF
02-02-2008, 11:27 PM
I don't understand the Romney thing either. In our general area I haven't heard of any support for Romney. There's one Romney sign out in front of a big house near the Sugarloaf ski mountain. Other than that, nada.

My first guess is that it's a reflexive vote against the liberal-ness of John McCain from those who don't know of Ron Paul.

d03boy
02-02-2008, 11:31 PM
ok, so how many of those delegates of romneys and mccains and RP's are RP supporters? That's what isn't so clear...

Molly1
02-02-2008, 11:32 PM
"So while RP might not be winning the popularity contest, his supporters are dedicated enough and prepared in advance to work towards filling as many state delegation positions as possible." ...

Thank you.

Yes, which is great, I'm not complaining mind you---but Romney gets the headline!:mad:

Romney Wins Maine GOP Caucuses
By GLENN ADAMS,AP
Posted: 2008-02-02 22:48:39
Filed Under: Elections News
AUGUSTA, Maine (Feb. 2) - Mitt Romney coasted to a win in presidential preference voting by Maine Republicans on Saturday, claiming his third victory in a caucus state and fourth overall.

Now what I'm trying to figure out---is that 'win' a straw poll voted on by voters from Massachusetts? Are you allowed to vote in the caucuses from another state?

RonPauledbyYoutube
02-02-2008, 11:40 PM

So why in this world would they spend money on these meaningless straw polls???

Gosh, these people have made a joke about electing Ron Paul as president!!!:mad:

Molly1
02-02-2008, 11:42 PM
So why in this world would they spend money on these meaningless straw polls???

Gosh, these people have made a joke about electing Ron Paul as president!!!:mad:

I don't get it either.

But the world thinks Romney won Maine going into super Tuesday.:mad:

Rangeley
02-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Well, did we ever really think the press would make a big deal about it if Ron Paul won the straw poll, or give it any attention at all? If you had to choose between being in Romney's place or Paul's place for Maine, the one we are in now is certainly the better of the two outcomes as it actually has a substantive value, whereas the other situation would only have a "potential momentum" value... that you know would get nowhere with the lack of coverage.

defe07
02-02-2008, 11:52 PM
We need to go to those remaining caucuses and hit them with tons of people canvassing. Those that were elected delegates to the state convention could help by canvassing as well as those that already caucused. We can still get this thing if we put our heads together! Yes, I know that the Super Bowl is tomorrow (but I heard that the game is on at 8 pm East Coast time) but tomorrow could be the day. Let's flood the caucuses and show them something they've never seen in their lives!

syborius
02-02-2008, 11:53 PM
I don't get it either.

But the world thinks Romney won Maine going into super Tuesday.:mad:

msnbc reported Mitt Romney picks up `18 delegates and won of course.

Rangeley
02-02-2008, 11:54 PM
msnbc reported Mitt Romney picks up `18 delegates and won of course.
Fortunately for us, MSNBC saying something doesnt make it true.

diesirae
02-03-2008, 12:21 AM
Fortunately for us, MSNBC saying something doesnt make it true.

But, the straw poll was aimed at the state delegates.

If we have a majority of the state delegates, why did they vote 80+% against us?

Rangeley
02-03-2008, 12:27 AM
But, the straw poll was aimed at the state delegates.

If we have a majority of the state delegates, why did they vote 80+% against us?
What do you mean? While CNN and some others are calling the raw votes state delegates, this actually isnt the case. The way the caucuses worked is essentially a two part process. First, they hold the presidential preference straw poll, which is what is being reported to the media. Then, they hold an election for delegates who will represent the town in the state convention in May. These delegates are not being reported to the press, because they are all officially "unpledged" to any candidate per Maine caucus rules. We wont officially know who these delegates will pledge to, until the May convention.

However, we can "unofficially" know who they intend to support through people who attended the caucuses, and from this information it appears that we are leading in state delegates who will vote in the convention.

The reason we are doing so well in delegates, yet not winning the straw poll, is essentially because its relatively easy to show up and vote, but it takes a bigger level of commitment to volunteer as a delegate as well. You not only have to pay a fee, but also have to find time in your schedule to show up for the convention, make arrangements to get there, etc. We have a much higher voter to delegate turnover rate than others, which is why we can be leading one while trailing the other.

RufusTDoofus
02-03-2008, 12:32 AM
That's an excellent description of how it all works in Maine. I wish my train of thought could put together descriptions like that.

diesirae
02-03-2008, 12:32 AM
What do you mean? While CNN and some others are calling the raw votes state delegates, this actually isnt the case. The way the caucuses worked is essentially a two part process. First, they hold the presidential preference straw poll, which is what is being reported to the media. Then, they hold an election for delegates who will represent the town in the state convention in May. These delegates are not being reported to the press, because they are all officially "unpledged" to any candidate per Maine caucus rules. We wont officially know who these delegates will pledge to, until the May convention.

However, we can "unofficially" know who they intend to support through people who attended the caucuses, and from this information it appears that we are leading in state delegates who will vote in the convention.

The reason we are doing so well in delegates, yet not winning the straw poll, is essentially because its relatively easy to show up and vote, but it takes a bigger level of commitment to volunteer as a delegate as well. You not only have to pay a fee, but also have to find time in your schedule to show up for the convention, make arrangements to get there, etc. We have a much higher voter to delegate turnover rate than others, which is why we can be leading one while trailing the other.

The raw votes are not state delegates; but, it seems to me that if all we're going by is the reports of supporters on these forums, we're going to get biased results.

The people electing those delegates are overwhelmingly voting against us -- that doesn't cheer me.

RPinUptownChi
02-03-2008, 12:36 AM
congratulations to you Maine grassroots people, basically 20% and within 100 votes of McCockface. we will not be ignored!

Rangeley
02-03-2008, 12:46 AM
The raw votes are not state delegates; but, it seems to me that if all we're going by is the reports of supporters on these forums, we're going to get biased results.

The people electing those delegates are overwhelmingly voting against us -- that doesn't cheer me.
Well, its not as though its just random supporters on the forums, its people who attended the caucuses and reported back about them. The best we can give you is that these reports indicate we are leading in delegates. You can take it at face value, or wait until May when the delegates officially pledge their support. I personally do not see any reason to doubt the people who are reporting back, but whether you do is up to you.

RufusTDoofus
02-03-2008, 12:49 AM

These are good points. One thing to consider is that the primary focus of most of the grassroots effort here in Maine for the past two months has been locating people willing and able to show up a their caucus and be prepared to make their case to be elected as a delegate. I'm sure the majority of people attending caucuses today (with the general exception of Ron Paul supporters) weren't even aware of the delegate electing aspect of the caucuses. I'd guess that over half of the people participating today have never been involved in a caucus. They simply didn't know what to expect. I know this is true of many people at our caucus location.

The focus of the RP supporters in Maine has been delegates. When it comes time for the State convention I'm sure the RP supporters will have plans in place and names in hand to make sure they can maximize their impact.

RonPaulFTW08
02-03-2008, 01:06 AM
This sounds kinda like LA.. But you know what I say f&ck the MSM and their numbers.

People don't realize that the delegate numbers listed by the MSM are just fucking speculation.

I've really stopped paying attention to MSM and have been spending my time OFF THE COMPUTER/TV and going canvassing, meeting people, etc to spread the message.

F*CK THE MSM.

stevedasbach
02-03-2008, 03:24 AM
I hate MSM and I will get revenge!!!! LOL We all know Paul won that state....just like RP said he would LA...this is complete crap and GOP can go to hell!!!!!!!! GO RON PAUL!!!!!

Paul didn't win the straw poll, which is what the MSM is basing their reports on. You can tell he didn't from the reports posted here by our own supporters.

We may have captured more state delegates than any other candidate, but probably not an absolute majority, which is what would be required to guarantee that Paul gets all 18 delegates to the national convention.

iQuotient
02-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Paul didn't win the straw poll, which is what the MSM is basing their reports on. You can tell he didn't from the reports posted here by our own supporters.

We may have captured more state delegates than any other candidate, but probably not an absolute majority, which is what would be required to guarantee that Paul gets all 18 delegates to the national convention.

MSM being correct this time is CRITICAL. Someone in charge in Maine needs to get the National to put pressure on the Maine GOP to straighten out the numbers and "Straw Poll" irrellavance.

stevedasbach
02-03-2008, 09:45 AM
MSM being correct this time is CRITICAL. Someone in charge in Maine needs to get the National to put pressure on the Maine GOP to straighten out the numbers and "Straw Poll" irrellavance.

Unfortunately, since the delegates are officially uncommitted, the straw poll is the only thing the MSM has to report. The Maine GOP will be able to provide the names of the delegates elected, but not who each delegate supports.

ropor
02-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Why does the link say only 68% of the precincts reporting?

Radiofoot
02-03-2008, 09:49 AM
Why does the link say only 68% of the precincts reporting?

This carries on through today/tomorrow aswell. (Sunday)

colin1
02-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Unfortunately, since the delegates are officially uncommitted, the straw poll is the only thing the MSM has to report. The Maine GOP will be able to provide the names of the delegates elected, but not who each delegate supports.

It doesn't matter much regarding the delegates, because the MSM has spoken and Romney won in Maine followed by McCain. We needed to win the straw poll as a confidence builder moving into Super Tuesday. Didn't happen. Next.

Rangeley
02-03-2008, 12:30 PM
It doesn't matter much regarding the delegates, because the MSM has spoken and Romney won in Maine followed by McCain. We needed to win the straw poll as a confidence builder moving into Super Tuesday. Didn't happen. Next.
And you really think the media would jump on it if Paul won the straw poll? Its the straw poll that doesnt matter; you lose it and the MSM ignores you, you win it and the MSM ignores you. People counting on the MSM to give us a boost under any conditions were kidding themselves.

Saying the "delegates dont matter" is incredibly naive - we are leading in delegates and this is what you need to win a state. The straw poll doesnt determine who wins the national delegates, its the state delegates who do. This was a substantive victory, something that a straw poll would not give us.

colin1
02-03-2008, 01:03 PM
And you really think the media would jump on it if Paul won the straw poll? Its the straw poll that doesnt matter; you lose it and the MSM ignores you, you win it and the MSM ignores you. People counting on the MSM to give us a boost under any conditions were kidding themselves.

Saying the "delegates dont matter" is incredibly naive - we are leading in delegates and this is what you need to win a state. The straw poll doesnt determine who wins the national delegates, its the state delegates who do. This was a substantive victory, something that a straw poll would not give us.

It's incredibly naive to think that anyone outside of ron paul supporters cares about the intricacies of caucus procedures. When you're trying to convice people that think he's unelectable it helps to have had a clear cut victory.

MrCobaltBlue
02-03-2008, 01:16 PM
It's incredibly naive to think that anyone outside of ron paul supporters cares about the intricacies of caucus procedures. When you're trying to convice people that think he's unelectable it helps to have had a clear cut victory.

Except when all of a sudden Ron Paul has all these Delegates from states where Romney voters came out to participate in the Straw Poll and left before the delegates were chosen.

Sarge
02-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Well if the news today is correct, we have 17 of 20 national delegates in one state.

Once the news circulates it will start to get attention.

I am not saying the state here. Find the thread and news and keep it quite for now. They are still trying to get a few more delegates. They have 2 left to caucus on Feb. 5th.

The delegates will count that we can pick up today in Maine.

Yes we would like a big popular vote win, but delegates gets us the convention and attention to win.

Chester Copperpot
02-03-2008, 01:26 PM
yawn

Sarge
02-03-2008, 01:29 PM
No, I am saying 17 of 20 ,so far, of another state who has been having their caucus this last week.

colin1
02-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Except when all of a sudden Ron Paul has all these Delegates from states where Romney voters came out to participate in the Straw Poll and left before the delegates were chosen.

I think that would be great, but 17 delegates are not going to win the nomination for Ron. Again, my point was it would've been nice to have a MSM reported win in Maine going into super tuesday and for my own canvassing efforts.

colin1
02-03-2008, 01:31 PM
No, I am saying 17 of 20 ,so far, of another state who has been having their caucus this last week.

edited

Chester Copperpot
02-03-2008, 01:33 PM
hmm

Sarge
02-03-2008, 01:35 PM
I wish you would delete that word for now.

Chester Copperpot
02-03-2008, 01:35 PM
ok

BiPolarBear
02-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Is the Maine convention winner take all or proportionate to the delegate voting results?

teshuah
02-03-2008, 01:42 PM
bump = he said he didn't want the word/state said because they still have caucuses left so please consider deleting it colin1 and Mike

Sarge
02-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Thank you gang,

Keep it under the radar. There is a thread for them.

J Free
02-03-2008, 01:47 PM

The delegates are the only thing that matters. If people in primary states want RP supporters in Maine to concentrate on useless stuff in order to get a mythical boost from mythical media coverage; then who is being unrealistic about what is "needed".

People in primary states and other Super Tuesday states should be on the phones RIGHT NOW in their own precinct. Not pissing around online wondering what people in Maine are doing.

I am really impressed with what's happening in Maine. And am picking up lessons to duplicate for our caucus here on Tuesday. Congrats Maine !!!!!

Rangeley
02-03-2008, 02:05 PM
You are acting like winning the delegates is something like winning an age demographic - sure its great to win but if you dont win the whole thing it doesnt matter. But it isnt something as inconsequencial as that - it isnt a minor "intricacy" that only us Ron Paul supporters would dig up in order to look on the bright side of things. Winning the most state delegates is how you win the 18 national delegates.

hueylong
02-03-2008, 02:08 PM
It's ALL about delegates. ALL.

Sunshinysmile
02-03-2008, 02:36 PM
it doesn't help to be one the the last men standing?

N13
02-03-2008, 03:02 PM

What?

Chowdah
02-03-2008, 03:13 PM

What?

It helps defeat the international chair and stool cabal. Defiance will win the day!

joenaab
02-03-2008, 05:37 PM

I think you're missing the point that others are trying to make here. If Ron Paul had won 90% of the straw poll votes (i.e. clear cut victory), CNN would remove the results from their website and wouldn't report at all on the outcome. We have to deal with the reality of what's happened in this country, - the MSM is owned and operated by the military-industrial-complex, the petroleum-industrial-complex and the medical-industrial-complex (all of whom answer to the central and commercial bankers). Fact is fact. They will actively oppose Ron Paul by any means, be it blackout, spreading falsehoods, falsifying polls,...you name it.

If you are even still watching MSM and thinking its real news, then you haven't quite figured it out. Its all fake. Its all spin. Not just Fox, but all of it. Not just TV, but the newspapers and magazines. When they throw us a bone, its a trick and will be qualified by statements such as "he doesn't register in the polls", "he's a fringe candidate", etc.

The MSM has chosen our candidates for 100 years. We have to think and work outside of the box if we are to overcome their stranglehold on our electoral process. They will oppose Ron Paul to the bitter end. I submit to you that your waiting for an MSM "hurray for Ron Paul!" is a response that you have been unknowingly conditioned, by them, to seek. Turn them off. Tune them out. Forever. Get your news elsewhere. If everyone does it, they disappear. Its that simple. I'm continually amazed that people still view content from these providers.

Sey.Naci
02-03-2008, 05:59 PM
I think you're missing the point that others are trying to make here. If Ron Paul had won 90% of the straw poll votes (i.e. clear cut victory), CNN would remove the results from their website and wouldn't report at all on the outcome. We have to deal with the reality of what's happened in this country, - the MSM is owned and operated by the military-industrial-complex, the petroleum-industrial-complex and the medical-industrial-complex (all of whom answer to the central and commercial bankers). Fact is fact. They will actively oppose Ron Paul by any means, be it blackout, spreading falsehoods, falsifying polls,...you name it.

If you are even still watching MSM and thinking its real news, then you haven't quite figured it out. Its all fake. Its all spin. Not just Fox, but all of it. Not just TV, but the newspapers and magazines. When they throw us a bone, its a trick and will be qualified by statements such as "he doesn't register in the polls", "he's a fringe candidate", etc.

The MSM has chosen our candidates for 100 years. We have to think and work outside of the box if we are to overcome their stranglehold on our electoral process. They will oppose Ron Paul to the bitter end. I submit to you that your waiting for an MSM "hurray for Ron Paul!" is a response that you have been unknowingly conditioned, by them, to seek. Turn them off. Tune them out. Forever. Get your news elsewhere. If everyone does it, they disappear. Its that simple. I'm continually amazed that people still view content from these providers.Excellent post, although I don't agree that EVERYTHING the MSM reports is false. Even the sheeple would pick up on that. There has to be just enough truth to keep them docile and unaware.

The key to winning the country back (here in Canada too) is from within our neighbourhoods, villages, towns, and cities. Get involved in community politics and social events, get on local boards, participate in campaigns and run for local office, write letters to your local papers, hold special events (e.g., set up a viewing of Freedom to Fascism, Zeitgeist, etc.), ...

joenaab
02-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Excellent post, although I don't agree that EVERYTHING the MSM reports is false. Even the sheeple would pick up on that. There has to be just enough truth to keep them docile and unaware.

The key to winning the country back (here in Canada too) is from within our neighbourhoods, villages, towns, and cities. Get involved in community politics and social events, get on local boards, participate in campaigns and run for local office, write letters to your local papers, hold special events (e.g., set up a viewing of Freedom to Fascism, Zeitgeist, etc.), ...

Exactly. I was exaggerating for "effect". They have to report some truth or include some truth in a falsehood to maintain a modicum of credibility. Local "feel good" stories can serve this purpose.

BTW, I LOVE Vancouver Island and have some dear friends who live there. You live in one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

sirshredalot
02-04-2008, 01:47 AM
I've been checking the Maine Primary on CNN since Friday night, when it reported 68% of precincts voting. Now it's Monday morning and they still say 68% reporting, but now Romney has won. Why haven't they reported the other 32% of the vote? Where did it go? Did Paul actually get 2nd? Am in the Twilight Zone?!!!:confused:

BreakYourChains
02-04-2008, 02:05 AM
I think it is the weekend. I have also noticed that there really isn't much new news on the weekend. It is if the news channels and all newspapers take the weekend off completely. Probably they will be laying them off soon, and they will then experience what it feels like to many of us have lost our jobs where I live. I guess paybacks are a bi_ch, eh? They have been manipulating the news for so long I believe it will come back to bite them in the arse.

Tomorrow, you will see the results. I think they were still voting today in Maine.

dseisner
02-04-2008, 02:22 AM

The MSM has chosen our candidates for 100 years. We have to think and work outside of the box if we are to overcome their stranglehold on our electoral process. They will oppose Ron Paul to the bitter end. I submit to you that your waiting for an MSM "hurray for Ron Paul!" is a response that you have been unknowingly conditioned, by them, to seek. Turn them off. Tune them out. Forever. Get your news elsewhere. If everyone does it, they disappear. Its that simple. I'm continually amazed that people still view content from these providers.

This is possibly the best post I've EVER read on this board. Superb writing and terrifically accurate points. We must ignore the MSM and eventually, they will go away.

FindLiberty
02-04-2008, 03:05 AM
Yes... joenaab, Sey.Naci RonPaulFTW08 Defe07 Tangeley
that's about the size of itL Gov/Media floods the USA with
blue pills. The elete have redundant backup systems in
place to prevent the people from waking up, electing honest
leaders, and living free.

Good idea J Free ....A man named H. Browne said, "maybe
in '08, certainly by 2012" if I recall correctly from WGDW.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
...and kyleAF, your sig re: Iranian Oil Bourse is 'da bomb!

That will lead into WWIII if the US nukes the island of Kish
(if those undersea cable cuts didn't convey the "message")
all done in order to "save the USD"... Have a nice day!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Flying Spaghetti Monster, please save us from a pentagon
full of maroons... and let Ron Paul win.

mello
02-04-2008, 03:14 AM
NBC is owned by General Electric which owns G.E. Aviation which I believe is the 3rd largest manufacturer of aircraft engines for the U.S. military. Here's the wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GE-Aviation

Here is a list of news shows that are a part of NBC:

The Today Show
NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams
NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt
Dateline NBC
Early Today
Meet the Press with Tim Russert
MSNBC
CNBC

I happened to catch some of Meet the Press earlier today & they were talking about Super Tuesday & which republicans would get which states. Their graphic of the candidates listed Mccain, Romney & Huckabee. They didn't even say Paul's name (like he was Lord Voldimort or something). I think they also mentioned Romney would win Alaska even though I've been reading stories that Dr. Paul has a very good shot at getting Alaska.

My point I guess is that the mainstream media blows & they are corrupting the election process. Unfortunately there are millions of people out there that get their news from newspapers & the mainstream media. An example of this would be my boss. I was wearing my Ron Paul Revolution T-shirt at work on casual Friday & my boss walked by & noticed and asked why I was wearing that. When I told him because I plan to vote for him, he told me that he thought Paul left the race weeks ago. When I asked why he thought that, he said because they only listed the other republican candidates in the newspaper. My boss is the vice-president of the advertising department of a huge grocery store chain in the midwest & he had no friggin' idea. What was even more disturbing is when I asked if he was going to vote in the Wisconsin primary, he told me he was waiting until it came down to the final two before he would vote even after telling me that Hillary & Mccain scare the hell out of him.

Vooch
02-04-2008, 03:38 AM
Old Media tries very hard not to present outright lies.

Even they understand that their are limits.

Old Media therefore uses misinformation as its biggest tool.

Those who think that if-only-the-MSM-understood-how-Ron Paul-will-change-things...........are fooling themselves.......the MSM knows exactly what Ron Paul represents. That is why they are trying to silence Ron Paul

First they ignore you

Then they laugh at you

Then they fight you

Then you win

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-04-2008, 04:01 AM
They are still showing 68% for those states. How long is that going to last? Super Tuesday?

francioshouse
02-04-2008, 07:36 AM
According to the maine GOP website here are the most recent results.

Last Updated: February 3, 2008 at 5:20 PM
70.5% Reporting
Candidate Votes Percent
Mitt Romney 2,502 52% * Winner *
John McCain 1,019 21%
Ron Paul 901 19%
Mike Huckabee 281 6%
Undecided 100 2%
Write-in 9 0%
Fred Thompson 4 0%
Rudy Giuliani 3 0%
Alan Keyes 1 0%
John Cox 0 0%
Duncan Hunter 0 0%
Total 4,820 100%

cero
02-04-2008, 08:45 AM
man.... no way in hell mitt got over 50 again.....

Dan Warner
02-04-2008, 09:10 AM
If you want up to date stats from the Maine GOP site itself, go here....
http://www.mainegop.com/FlexPage.aspx?area=caucus2008results

As I am looking at this %70.5 have reported and Ron Paul is only 118 votes behind McCain.

What I find frustrating is that Saturday's results were posted almost immediately while Sunday's results are still not in. Why is this? Did Ron Paul beat McCain and the GOP doesn't want this out before Super Tuesday? This would damage McCain and give Ron Paul some press before the voting starts tomorrow so I am really really frustrated with this slow reporting!

Carole
02-04-2008, 09:35 AM
I am posting the results (what I screen captured) for Maine. I finally went to bed during early hours of morning and the results had not changed. Never went past 68% reporting.

Can anyone explain the flip-flop that happened?

Did the results ever get completed?

Flipped votes????

Maine 3% reporting 2-2-2008 507PM

Romney 58% 145
Paul 19% 48
McCain 18% 44
Huckabee 2% 4

Maine 12% reporting 2-2-2008 518PM

Romney 53% 568
Paul 21% 220
McCain 18% 195
Huckabee 5% 55

Maine 41% reporting 2-2-2008

Romney 53% 1533
McCain 22% 631
Paul 19% 542
Huckabee 5% 149

Maine (No percentage given) % reporting Flipped??? 2-2-2008 627PM

McCain 35% No count given
Paul 25% No count given
Romney 21% No count given
Huckabee 7% No count given

Maine 47% reporting 2-2-2008 717PM

Romney 53% 1790
McCain 22% 736
Paul 19% 636
Huckabee 5% 171

Maine 57% reporting 2-2-2008 813PM

Romney 53% 1985
McCain 22% 829
Paul 19% 734
Huckabee 5% 209

Maine 64% reporting 2-2—2008 904PM

Romney 52% 2137
McCain 22% 889
Paul 19% 782
Huckabee 6% 235

Maine 68% reporting 2-2-2008 941PM

Romney 52% 2362
McCain 21% 958
Paul 19% 851
Huckabee 6% 268

This is the point at which nothing else changed for hours. I waited for hours into early morning.

colin1
02-04-2008, 09:35 AM
You are acting like winning the delegates is something like winning an age demographic - sure its great to win but if you dont win the whole thing it doesnt matter. But it isnt something as inconsequencial as that - it isnt a minor "intricacy" that only us Ron Paul supporters would dig up in order to look on the bright side of things. Winning the most state delegates is how you win the 18 national delegates.

My point was to have a victory for Canvassing purposes! So when people I meet say, "Yeah, I like what he has to say, but he can't win." I could say, "That's not true he won Maine."

Then they say, "No, I watched ABCCBSNBCMSNBCCNNFox and they said that Romney won like 50%"

Then I'm supposed to go into some long lecture about the caucus procedures and how it is he really will get the delegates? :rolleyes:

That was my main point folks...and I'm not in a Super Tuesday state, my primary isn't until April. This may be a moot point by tomorrow anyway.

Anna Karenina
02-04-2008, 12:28 PM
I saw this posted on Daily Paul today:

called the maine GOP
On February 4th, 2008

The nice lady explained to me that they are waiting on the small towns to send in their results. She said a lot of them did not understand that they had to. What a farce. Looks like they are holding back the numbers to me.
She also said that they will have more numbers by tonight. Will we hold our breath?
Here is the number I called. If you wish to do the same.
207-622-6247

Agora
02-04-2008, 12:30 PM
"Please, which one?"

Sarge
02-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Has anyone any feedback on yesterday?

There were 12 and no word from anyone on what happened at those 12 that were held.

I hope we didn't blow 12 more chances at delegates yesterday.

RufusTDoofus
02-04-2008, 01:38 PM
I saw this posted on Daily Paul today:

The nice lady explained to me that they are waiting on the small towns to send in their results. She said a lot of them did not understand that they had to. What a farce.
207-622-6247

I emailed our town's results to them within minutes of the vote count.

The instructions were incredibly clear on the caucus forms. Big bold letters with the two contact phone numbers and the email address. (which was caucus@mainegop.com)