PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul -The Best Is yet To Come

Revolution9
08-07-2007, 06:15 AM
http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_dana_gab_070802_the_ron_paul_saga_th.htm

"With fund raising efforts exceeding expectations and seemingly unstoppable momentum, Ron Paul continues to be a candidate on the rise. While other presidential campaigns have sputtered, peaked, and are on the decline, he has positioned himself to become a serious contender. He still has a lot of room for growth, but in this process he is being elevated from second tier status to one of the top five Republican presidential candidates.

The success of his campaign has caught many by surprise, including himself. Some of his rivals are now trying to duplicate his formula, but true spontaneous grassroots movements cannot be generated or manufactured. His support is diverse, and what is becoming increasingly clear is that before all is said and done, Ron Paul will have made a huge impact, win or lose."

rest at link

Best Regards
Randy

RPatTheBeach
08-07-2007, 06:21 AM
http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_dana_gab_070802_the_ron_paul_saga_th.htm
Some of his rivals are now trying to duplicate his formula,

I thought this very thing watching the debate this weekend. It would be awesome if we could develop a timeline of candidates stances. Then we can show to people the Doc has been consistent all along, and the other candidates have picked up his preachings once he started getting support.

freelance
08-07-2007, 06:23 AM
It's always nice to see favorable Ron Paul articles on "one of the best progressive sites on the Web."

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-07-2007, 09:40 AM
There is no formula. There is only a REVOLUTION.

ThePieSwindler
08-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Id rank it right now
Giuliani
Romney
Thompson
McCain
Paul

with Ron being right behind mccain, and will pass him with a good showing this weekend at Ames. Huckabee is positioned right behind Dr Paul as well, and might even leapfrog him if he beats him at Ames. The good news is Giuliani and Romney are easy to fell in the long run, as they will probably implode on their own. Thompson might not even enter, who knows. Ron really doesn't have the giants to slay that he would if he were running democrat... thats a good thing :)

However, Ron Paul's growth rate is much higher than any of these other fellows, in fact some are declining (McCain, Giuliani).

Tim724
08-07-2007, 02:21 PM
I was watching Keith Olberman's show on MSNBC last night and one of the talking heads said he thinks one of the underdogs has a chance to surge upward after Ames...he named Tancredo and Ron Paul, but then added a sentence or two about Paul but didn't say anything else about Tancredo. Then they showed a stock clip of Ron Paul getting out of a car and standing with his wife. So, he seemed to be really referring to Ron Paul making a surge.

Another recent encouraging little tid bit I noticed was in the ABC debate. When Romney was talking about foreign policy he said something like "that's why we can't just not involve ourselves with other countries like Ron Paul talks about." Did anyone else notice that? Although Romney was trying to be disparaging, it shows that he sees RP as a force.

Call me crazy, but I also didn't mind the fact that Ron Paul was the only one to get some audible "boos" from the audience in the debate. It showed some spark. Also, not being liked by some Republicans that most likely hold discredited neo-con beliefs could mean more votes from a larger pool of independent conservatives.