PDA

View Full Version : Maine Cacuses are still on tomorrow right?

Eagles
02-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Maine Caucuses are still on tomorrow right?

If so, Ron Paul can still get first!

RufusTDoofus
02-02-2008, 08:30 PM
I think that the state GOP suggested three dates but I think 99% of precincts will be done today. Tomorrow is a bad day due to some string of television commercials masquerading as a sporting event.

FSP-Rebel
02-02-2008, 08:30 PM
But, wouldn't ya think that RP people would've already voted? Believe me, I hope there's many more people left to vote for us. We'll see I guess.

RufusTDoofus
02-02-2008, 09:01 PM
They may have already voted but the results may not have been reported yet. It's all manual and tedious. I think there are two numbers to call for the entire state and I wouldn't be surprised if those lines don't roll over into a phone bank so they can handle more than one precinct reporting results at a time.

bkreigh
02-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Here is the schedule. My eyes are hurting and the print is to dang small on it. I counted maybe 10 tomorrow. There are actually a couple more that are later on in the month.

http://www.mainegop.com/FlexPage.aspx?area=caucus2008schedule

NCGOPer_for_Paul
02-02-2008, 09:15 PM
What kind of a dumbass schedules a caucus on Super Bowl Sunday, especially when their team (assuming Maine likes New England) is in the game?

That seems fishier than slow reporting precincts.

bkreigh
02-02-2008, 09:17 PM
What kind of a dumbass schedules a caucus on Super Bowl Sunday, especially when their team (assuming Maine likes New England) is in the game?

That seems fishier than slow reporting precincts.

Thats what we said last month to the GOP officials when we went to the caucus training. We were scratching our head too.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
02-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Thats what we said last month to the GOP officials when we went to the caucus training. We were scratching our head too.

Glad someone brought that up. There's something inherently wrong about that. Not to mention, there's something completely wrong with voting on Sunday, period.

I really think we're getting an education in just how incompetent and/or so afraid of change within the party GOP officials are around the entire country.

Molly1
02-02-2008, 09:31 PM
GET OUT THE VOTE, MAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIVO superbowl!!!