BrettCates
02-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Robotney: 52%:o
McCancer: 21%:o
Paul: 19%:D
Huckadumee 6%:D

Staupostek
02-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah, first I read on another thread that Portland finally came in with Dr. Paul in the lead, but the updated tally has him falling further behind McCain. What's happening here?

dirka
02-02-2008, 08:08 PM
They just declared Romney the winner in Maine on the evening news here....

Excuse me while i go vomit

Doriath
02-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah, first I read on another thread that Portland finally came in with Dr. Paul in the lead, but the updated tally has him falling further behind McCain. What's happening here?

Romney won the straw poll in Portland, but it was reported here that Paul came out with a slim lead in delegates to the state convention there.

tarabyte
02-02-2008, 08:14 PM
can he beat mccain? he's only like 100 something votes behind him...

NCGOPer_for_Paul
02-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Something really doesn't make sense now.

CNN's page is reporting the vote totals as State Delegates. Is that correct?

Shinerxx
02-02-2008, 08:17 PM
No the results on cnn.com are the actual straw poll (beauty contest) results.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
02-02-2008, 08:20 PM
That's what I thought, but the column header says State Del.*

woolamander
02-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Something really doesn't make sense now.

CNN's page is reporting the vote totals as State Delegates. Is that correct?

CNN for some reason lists "State Del." for all caucuses, even though they are votes. I think the problem originated because the Democratic Iowa caucus listed the state delegates and did not give the vote count.

Those are votes though, so do not worry, I have a feeling Ron Paul will do very well in delegates because a lot of us are rabid and are willing to goto state for the good doctor.

seapilot
02-02-2008, 08:23 PM
36% to go, still close. Dont give up a 2nd place yet!

Staupostek
02-02-2008, 08:24 PM
No the results on cnn.com are the actual straw poll (beauty contest) results.

So, if Romney wins the straw poll, and is declared the winner in the media, how will it look if Paul gets more delegates put in his column? Why report the poll results if they don't really matter in the end, as in the delegate count?

Forgive my ignorance. I have always lived in states with primaries and the whole caucus process if both fascinating and frustrating to me. :D

Doriath
02-02-2008, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't pay attention to CNN. Heck, the Yahoo political dashboard has already awarded all 18 ME national delegates to Romney! The MSM is an idiot.

Staupostek
02-02-2008, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't pay attention to CNN. Heck, the Yahoo political dashboard has already awarded all 18 ME national delegates to Romney! The MSM is an idiot.

It's things like this that make it frustrating for me when I am trying to learn and understand this process. If the delegates elected today are the ones who vote for the national delegates, then how can the MSM act like they are already picked? No need to answer, since I have a feeling there is not rational answer considering the crappy work the MSM usually does in reporting politics.

RufusTDoofus
02-02-2008, 08:35 PM
The MSM needs to fabricate drama and/or cultivate fear in order to maintain their infotainment viewership. They can't spell out the specifics in a dozen single syllable words for the general public's attention span and vocabulary so they just omit the minor details.

Staupostek
02-02-2008, 08:47 PM
The MSM needs to fabricate drama and/or cultivate fear in order to maintain their infotainment viewership.

That sure explains why normally liberal reporters seem to like war so much. Plenty of opportunities for journalism awards in war reporting also.

defe07
02-02-2008, 08:51 PM

I didn't know that MSM was a person :D

Ranger29860
02-02-2008, 09:03 PM
I didn't know that MSM was a person :D

one mind ... cue spooky music