PDA

View Full Version : What Good Is A Forum ?

Lesgov
05-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Why do we need a forum on top of everything else out there? A Ron Paul site with news updates, Myspace, Utube, and everything else. What's missing?
From where I am sitting, forums open up a whole new avenue of getting the word out.

It's up close and personal: We're getting to know each other better, this provides encouragement and ideas.

Video's have a limited effect; I'm on dialup, so I stay away from Utube and the like. Many of us get little use of video. Forums reach out to all those dial up homes.

Instant communication: I just got on here yesterday, and after going over all the threads from all over the country, I'm seeing a much bigger picture of the Ron Paul cause.

Thank you very much for this forum.
Les

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-15-2007, 07:47 AM
And much easier to deal with that all those Yahoo Group messages, though I still get those. Thanks Josh! (It is Josh who is behind this, right?)

MsDoodahs
05-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Yes, MANY THANKS to Josh and whoever else had the savvy to set up this forum!

beermotor
05-15-2007, 08:13 AM
My only gripe is VBulletin is pretty crappy. Did you look at punBB at all? Very nice forum software... secure, too.

Bryan
05-15-2007, 01:54 PM
(It is Josh who is behind this, right?)
Yes, Josh is the one behind it all, part of the Houston Ron Paul meet-up group.

Yes, thanks Josh!

JoshLowry
05-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the kind words, just helping out where I can.

My only gripe is VBulletin is pretty crappy. Did you look at punBB at all? Very nice forum software... secure, too.

Eh, I wouldn't say it's crappy. I think it's the most popular commercial forum software for a reason. That statement is debatable, but what we got works for the time being. :o

It's up close and personal: We're getting to know each other better, this provides encouragement and ideas.
Les

Indeed! Everyone here is a valuable asset to Ron's campaign, this is a very exciting group to be a part of.