PDA

View Full Version : Yesss!!!!!

malkusm
02-02-2008, 06:35 PM
So guys, I admit, sometimes I get down and depressed, I feel like I'm not making a difference, and I get frustrated when people don't see where I'm coming from when I debate them politically.

A few nights ago, one of my friends from back home was debating me on the Patriot Act and warrantless wiretapping, etc. He was of the mindset that, if the government needs to do this to keep us safe, he doesn't have a problem with it. I argued with him on this for about 20 minutes or so to no avail. I figured, it's just another person who I won't be able to convince to support Ron Paul.

Imagine my surprise when he messages me today saying "You know...I've been thinking about it....and I think I'm going to vote for Ron Paul."

Me: Really?!?!?!

Him: Yeah....I don't agree with some of his ideas regarding terrorism and foreign policy...but my biggest issue is the economy....and nobody else is even seriously discussing it.

Me: Dude awesome!!!

Haha so basically....we spent the next 10 minutes discussing a couple things, and I gave him our county's election office phone number so he could call in on Monday and get an absentee ballot in time for the election.

One by one, my friends. Press on, and know that you're making a difference, even if you can't see it.

malkusm
02-02-2008, 06:40 PM
bump for general encouragement/warm fuzzy feeling

ClayTrainor
02-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Great job bro... stories like this keep me going every day :D

Joe3113
02-02-2008, 06:42 PM
This is why we need to go to November.

Independent ftw!

malkusm
02-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Great job bro... stories like this keep me going every day :D

That's why I posted it ;)

tekmo
02-02-2008, 06:45 PM
I heard a great story from someone who was arguing that same point. Someone's dad said government has to do, and people should have nothing to hide. Then the kid types in "how to destroy / gas / nuke _city name here_ " in google and hits enter. The dad freaks out and tells him to stop hahaha

Chester Copperpot
02-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah I had a close friend who Ive tried to talk liberty to all last year. She was of the same mindset that it keeps us safe.. that its okay if the govt has cameras because she doesnt do anything wrong.. etc..

But over time I think it sunk in.... and since she started watching debates last month now shes completely angerede at the blatant ignoring of ron paul on debates.. his exclusion on some, etc..

She said "You know last year when you told me how RP got excluded and made fun of I thought you were making it up. But now I see its really happening."

"Why do they ignore him?"
"Why do they ask kooky questions to him?"

She seems real supportive and thats impressive because all year she was a definite Rudy person oh and I live in New Jersey.