PDA

View Full Version : I am angry and sad and frustrated

isleofus
02-02-2008, 06:32 PM
I love Ron Paul. His whole being is inspiring. I listen to his speeches and read his writings and I know he is genuine, unfettered by the bondage of the Establishment, and he would actually change the world if he was elected. But I also have this sinking feeling that Americans are not ready. To me, he is so clearly the ONLY choice for a leader of a country that is foundering, drowning, sinking...he is the only remedy for healing a system that is not only sick, but imposes it's sickness on us, further tightening the noose around our necks as we are already being strangled economically, socially, spiritually...I am so sad, so sad. I don't know if Americans are ready for the healing.

I woke up to the way the world really is on September 11, 2001 when my husband and I lived in New York and knew immediately that something was not right, there were too many missing pieces, too many lies and disinformation, and that evil was afoot, and not necessarily the evil that was portrayed in the mass media. My awakening was agonizing. I have never been the same since. I call it growing pains. But how much can you grow before it gets TOO painful?

I am sad that this country, this place called the USA where I was born and where I live now is a dying mammoth, and has been dying for a long time, years and years before I was born.

I was born in the mid-sixties when all sort of energetic grassroots revolutions were happening all over the place. Most of the leaders of those revolutionary movements are dead, or have sold out.

Ron Paul is a revolutionary. But where is the revolution? I hear rumors of it, but I can't see it. It's not visible, in our face, like the Watts riots or the sit-ins or the anti-war demonstrations. Is the revolution just a graph of donations made from people who can least afford them? Is it t-shirts and pins and signs and phone calls and polite door-to-door canvassing? Where are the angry people gathering in the streets to topple the monster that is devouring us? This revolution disappoints me. Where is the outrage? Where is the "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore?" Is it in the works, somewhere down the line when so many people have lost their jobs and homes and their family members come back from foreign wars in body bags?

I am angry, and I don't know what to do.

Why is the Ron Paul campaign seemingly so complacent? There's a war going on here--a war for our survival as a species.

I am angry that the human beings who would benefit the most from someone like Ron Paul as President have a zombie-like acquiescence to the way things are, as if it is just the way things are, what can you do? I can't change this. The Super Bowl is tomorrow. There is excitement about that. There is excitement about Britney Spears' latest meltdown and Heath Ledger's death and Angelina Jolie's possible pregnancy with twins. These things have no relation to the reality of the average American's life. It's bread and circuses, televised for our amusement--but the bread is poisoned and the circus is full of evil clowns, so don't get too comfy on your couch.

I am frustrated, and there is no solace in knowing there are others like me, who really care about this beautiful planet, and are aware of the plans of the warmongers that want nothing more than to wipe all the useless eaters off the face of the earth so that they can have the globe as their playground. Or the end-of-days folks who seem to relish our extinction.

Listen--I don't know what to do, I am a powerless individual who has no impact on the state of the world. In my own tiny sphere of influence I am loving and kind to everyone I know, to strangers and to animals. It doesn't matter. My death will not make headlines. And there are millions like me, good, kind people, whose death will never make headlines, and will not change the world, except for the impact on the people who knew them personally.

I wish I could meet Ron Paul and say thank you for curing my apathy, but my lack of apathy has turned to depression, strangely enough. It hurts to know the truth. Good people like Ron Paul are ridiculed, marginalized, and ignored by the masses. The ones of us who love and support him live with his message of individual freedom in their hearts, even though it is a message that the majority of humanity does not seem to be ready for.

I just saw one of my favorite movies last night--it's called THEY LIVE. It is not just a movie, it's a documentary of life as we know it now.

I know that it is possible that no one will read this--there are so many interesting posts in this forum. Anyway, I had to write it. My bitterness needed an outlet.

But I love Ron Paul, and I am sad that the world is not ready for him.

PimpBlimp
02-02-2008, 06:34 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=108708

JustBcuz
02-02-2008, 06:38 PM

In 20 years you probably won't be able to find anyone who'll actually claim they voted against Ron Paul. Maybe even sooner.

Funny how things work that way. <sigh>

Until then, all we can do is try & wake up as many as we can; or at least get their votes out of them.

Lord Abaddon
02-02-2008, 06:48 PM
isleofus, I don't think anyone could have said it better than what you just did. The frustration, the powerlessness, the anger at our great nation becoming something it should never be and never was intended by those who found it to be.

Will it come to what PimpBlimp suggests? I sure hope not. I've studied history my entire life (like you I was born in the mid-'60s) and no nation which suffered a revolution didn't regret the way things went. From our own Revolutionary War to that of the Democratic French against the Monarchy, Communists against the Tsarists, the Nazis against the Communists, throughout history revolution has been a dangerous blade to travel. The toll on the people, the land and the possibility of a dictator emerging from it all (Stalin, Hitler, Mussoulini...) is a very real risk.

Let us hope that the people of the USA are not like those of Germany in the 1930s. Or that they are willing to vote for a pretty face and good words over truth and justice and honesty.

Let us hope that in this nation the citizens care more about the Constitution than anything else and that, as Theodore Roosevelt said, "The American people are slow to wrath, but when their wrath is once kindled it burns like a consuming flame."

phixion
02-02-2008, 06:53 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=108708

The original poster isn't ready for that, much-like "America isn't ready" for Ron Paul.

Regards,

Pete

malkusm
02-02-2008, 06:53 PM
isleofus,

Don't give up. This isn't about the election of one man. This is about changing the political landscapes. Mountains don't rise and canyons aren't carved overnight.

Here's something I wrote a few days ago that might cheer you up:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=106779

NMCB3
02-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Hike up your skirt and keep fighting. Many of us have been at this a hell of a lot longer than 2001. Grow some balls. :cool:

Seanmc30
02-02-2008, 06:57 PM
In 20 years you probably won't be able to find anyone who'll actually claim they voted against Ron Paul. Maybe even sooner.

Funny how things work that way. <sigh>

Until then, all we can do is try & wake up as many as we can; or at least get their votes out of them.

In 20 years the name Ron Paul probably wont be allowed to be spoken.

sgrooms
02-02-2008, 06:58 PM
first we try it their way (being civil/voting in the election no matter HOW screwed they are)

and if that fails, we do it our way. (refer to http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=108708)

d991
02-02-2008, 07:00 PM
First thing's first: Don't listen to 9/11 conspiracies. Read some of the books that Ron Paul has suggested for Giuliani. Buy them, read them and distribute them to friends when you are done.
Once you have a clear understanding about what is going on in America and have the facts and not second-hand conspiracy disinformation, then you can go ahead with promoting Ron Paul and people will be receptive to your message.

People will wake up to his message, it will just take some time.

Ron2Win
02-02-2008, 07:01 PM
This whole thing is bigger than any of us can imagine. Ron Paul has waken up the dormant spirit of freedom in all of us. That is the beauty of his message.

The message that you ought to be truly free. And with that freedom you have enormous responsibility to ACT. It falls upon each individual to spread the message and wake others up.

The campaign is just doing enough to spread the message, but way too many people have been accustomed to be taken care of. They want to pay and forget that they too are responsible for the outcome of this election.

Sey.Naci
02-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Click the first link in my signature. The post so impressed me that I wanted every Ron Paul warrior to read it.

RevolutionSD
02-02-2008, 07:06 PM
First thing's first: Don't listen to 9/11 conspiracies. Read some of the books that Ron Paul has suggested for Giuliani. Buy them, read them and distribute them to friends when you are done.
Once you have a clear understanding about what is going on in America and have the facts and not second-hand conspiracy disinformation, then you can go ahead with promoting Ron Paul and people will be receptive to your message.

People will wake up to his message, it will just take some time.

The 9/11 conspiracy IS the official story.
I'm not saying I know what happened and I'm not saying the buildings were demolished but you have to realize 9/11 is the biggest lie of our generation- and our entire foreign policy and way of life is based on it.

If you buy the media lies then you are buying conspiracy disinformation as you put it. Wake up.

sgrooms
02-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Click the first link in my signature. The post so impressed me that I wanted every Ron Paul warrior to read it.

thanx for sharing that. i just maxed out. :D

aravoth
02-02-2008, 07:18 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wQNIS3WfLUo

lynnf
02-02-2008, 07:38 PM
I love Ron Paul. His whole being is inspiring. I listen to his speeches and read his writings and I know he is genuine, unfettered by the bondage of the Establishment, and he would actually change the world if he was elected. But I also have this sinking feeling that Americans are not ready. To me, he is so clearly the ONLY choice for a leader of a country that is foundering, drowning, sinking...he is the only remedy for healing a system that is not only sick, but imposes it's sickness on us, further tightening the noose around our necks as we are already being strangled economically, socially, spiritually...I am so sad, so sad. I don't know if Americans are ready for the healing.

I woke up to the way the world really is on September 11, 2001 when my husband and I lived in New York and knew immediately that something was not right, there were too many missing pieces, too many lies and disinformation, and that evil was afoot, and not necessarily the evil that was portrayed in the mass media. My awakening was agonizing. I have never been the same since. I call it growing pains. But how much can you grow before it gets TOO painful?

I am sad that this country, this place called the USA where I was born and where I live now is a dying mammoth, and has been dying for a long time, years and years before I was born.

I was born in the mid-sixties when all sort of energetic grassroots revolutions were happening all over the place. Most of the leaders of those revolutionary movements are dead, or have sold out.

Ron Paul is a revolutionary. But where is the revolution? I hear rumors of it, but I can't see it. It's not visible, in our face, like the Watts riots or the sit-ins or the anti-war demonstrations. Is the revolution just a graph of donations made from people who can least afford them? Is it t-shirts and pins and signs and phone calls and polite door-to-door canvassing? Where are the angry people gathering in the streets to topple the monster that is devouring us? This revolution disappoints me. Where is the outrage? Where is the "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore?" Is it in the works, somewhere down the line when so many people have lost their jobs and homes and their family members come back from foreign wars in body bags?

I am angry, and I don't know what to do.

Why is the Ron Paul campaign seemingly so complacent? There's a war going on here--a war for our survival as a species.

I am angry that the human beings who would benefit the most from someone like Ron Paul as President have a zombie-like acquiescence to the way things are, as if it is just the way things are, what can you do? I can't change this. The Super Bowl is tomorrow. There is excitement about that. There is excitement about Britney Spears' latest meltdown and Heath Ledger's death and Angelina Jolie's possible pregnancy with twins. These things have no relation to the reality of the average American's life. It's bread and circuses, televised for our amusement--but the bread is poisoned and the circus is full of evil clowns, so don't get too comfy on your couch.

I am frustrated, and there is no solace in knowing there are others like me, who really care about this beautiful planet, and are aware of the plans of the warmongers that want nothing more than to wipe all the useless eaters off the face of the earth so that they can have the globe as their playground. Or the end-of-days folks who seem to relish our extinction.

Listen--I don't know what to do, I am a powerless individual who has no impact on the state of the world. In my own tiny sphere of influence I am loving and kind to everyone I know, to strangers and to animals. It doesn't matter. My death will not make headlines. And there are millions like me, good, kind people, whose death will never make headlines, and will not change the world, except for the impact on the people who knew them personally.

I wish I could meet Ron Paul and say thank you for curing my apathy, but my lack of apathy has turned to depression, strangely enough. It hurts to know the truth. Good people like Ron Paul are ridiculed, marginalized, and ignored by the masses. The ones of us who love and support him live with his message of individual freedom in their hearts, even though it is a message that the majority of humanity does not seem to be ready for.

I just saw one of my favorite movies last night--it's called THEY LIVE. It is not just a movie, it's a documentary of life as we know it now.

I know that it is possible that no one will read this--there are so many interesting posts in this forum. Anyway, I had to write it. My bitterness needed an outlet.

I know a lot about how you feel. I knew there was something wrong long before 9/11. In the early 90s, Americans jobs were being given to foreigners and Americans were out the door. Divorce was being encouraged by the state by draconian child-support laws that dumped the burden of support onto one parent, among whatever other incentives against marriage were introduced. Later, jobs were shipped out from here to other countries. Federal government growth kept spiraling and when new officeholders were sent to DC and state capitols, they just became the new rascals and nothing really changed. I kept thinking "this country is the epitome of an animal that eats its young". But I didn't know what was doing it or what was going on. We know a lot more about that now thanks to alternative media.

We keep on going for our kids and grandkids. We have to do our best for them. It may not change for us but let us have hope that it will for them. Maybe they will see " it" - meaning the corruption - better than we do someday.

lynn

Richandler
02-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Donate to all Ron Paul Republicans running for congress and keep up the educational effort an in the end we can win this. The idea is that we can't give up.

driller80545
02-02-2008, 07:45 PM
I just got home from RP rally in Victoria. It was fantastic. Hundreds of people and RP was, as always, very very inspiring. Got home and turned on MTV debate or whatever. Watched Dr. Paul nail every question. Overall approval 70%. Then came on the forums and woooosh, blah, blah, blah.

RPinSEAZ
02-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I've been in a state of semi-depression since the Iowa Caucuses. It was easier when I didn't know about Ron Paul.

ike
02-02-2008, 07:49 PM
This is a movement, not just to elect Ron Paul, but to change our country.

We need to educate our fellow citizens. It will take time, we need to do much more than just elect one man as president.

I always return to the words of Thomas Jefferson. His monument in Washington, DC is my favorite to visit, it contains so many inspired words, and words applicable to our struggle.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." ~Thomas Jefferson.

SigurdVolsung
02-02-2008, 07:53 PM
You know I wouldn't mind watching the rest of America get what it deserves when it elects all these retards to office, the only problem is I will be

screwed because of their idiocy too = (

pacelli
02-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Welcome to the revolution ! Being depressed and angry and frustrated is the first phase of putting on the glasses which allow you to see the nation & our policies as they exist in reality. As they exist in a global spectrum. You are Rowdy Roddy Piper putting on those glasses, looking around, and realizing that the media is telling the nation to SLEEP, OBEY, DO NOT RESIST. You notice that those around you look a little different.

Remember in the movie THEY LIVE, the movement of resistance started slow. This is similar to the Ron Paul revolution. To many of us, Ron Paul is a modern day version of a founding father. He has woken up hundreds of thousands of people in the United States, and has provided hope to millions around the world that perhaps the US will one day make a REAL change to improve our relationships with other countries.

My best advice to you is to embrace your anger, frustration, and depression. Reflect upon how you want the country to turn out-- and fight until the day you die in order to make that dream come to be. The spirit of the revolution has always existed inside of you-- as it does for every American that disagrees with the neocon foreign policy. That is what Ron Paul is doing. As much as I support the campaign and this incredible man, he can't change the entire population. That is up to us- and that will progress far into the future. I cannot morally be 'woken up' and then sit down on my hands and go to sleep again.

You don't see the revolution in your life because in the grand scheme of it all, we are really in our infancy as a revolutionary culture. We're still passing out the glasses that will allow people around us to WAKE UP. Allow the revolution to emanate from the source of your emotions. The revolution resides in your heart.

Complacency is our largest sociological enemy. We can and WILL effect incredible change but our largest barrier is the controlled media and the dormant public.

It is not the public's fault for resisting the revolutionary ideals embraced by Dr. Paul's message. The public has been conditioned for decades to believe in dualistic threats:

1. We are safe from terror as long as we fear terrorists.

2. When we are comfortable in our homes, it is easy to feel safe- and it is easy to be afraid as soon as you turn on the television. I just watched a film on HBO detailing a hospital in Iraq during a wave of carbombs (btw the people were crying and asking the cameramen to please bring back saddam). Sitting in my home, watching this film, I went right into Ron Paul's thought pattern: "What if China started bombing us?" This is depressing stuff to deal with !

But, I have a positive outlook on the future that counters the depression and frustration. I am so blessed to be alive during a key time in our present history. While Ron Paul may or may not win the nomination, we citizens who have WOKEN UP are now morally obligated to resist the control scheme of the pundits and other media control techniques.

dblee
02-02-2008, 08:23 PM
You have to understand. This isn't the 60's. My generation is not about spreading revolution through chanting in the streets and raising a ruckus. We're about disseminating information through the internet and by word of mouth. This is a revolution of ideas, it's a revolution of the fundamental ways of thinking that affect our country. The youth of this country have awakened, and we have Dr. Paul to thank for it. The message will keep spreading.

Although our revolution is not as emotional and not as visible as the counter-culture of the 60's, it is much more pervasive and much more enduring. An entire generation of young americans are growing up right now with the notion that government can not be trusted, the media can not be trusted, institutions and corporations are not to be trusted. WE the young people of the United States of America are learning that we can only trust ourselves, depend on ourselves, and learn the truth for ourselves.

Rest assured, something big and fundamental has happened, and it will not stop. Hundreds of thousands of people around the country have awoken, and there is no going back. Soon these hundreds of thousands will become millions, and you will begin to see the establishment crumble from within.

We understand that the policies set in motion decades ago will affect our lives for the foreseeable future. We are committed to do everything in our power to turn this ship around.

I can only speak for myself in this. However, I feel that what we are seeing today is a counter-revolution to the emotional revolution of the 60's. The 60's was a reactionary period of rebellion against a corrupt establishment. But because of it's emotional and unfocused nature, it lead to many reforms in thought that resulted in the nanny-state we have today. Those of us today share that same revolutionary spirit-- but now it's a revolution of the mind instead of the heart.

The baby boomer generation engendered political awareness, the fight for civil rights and equality, anti-establishment thinking, and environmental responsibility in the generation of today. We take those values that our parents have bestowed on us, and we apply the philosophy of personal liberty, responsibility, and self-government to them. Hopefully we will end up with a country that exceeds the hopes of its founding fathers.

kimo
02-02-2008, 10:09 PM
BUMP!!
..sorry could not rezist, #1 must be read..the same as canvassing
..wish I could be over there (US), to help You guys..

robert4rp08
02-02-2008, 10:16 PM
"But I love Ron Paul, and I am sad that the world is not ready for him."

That is why we must not waiver after this election. We must remain united and continue to spread the freedom message. We must fight the establishment from the inside by supporting liberty-minded people running for office. Dr. Paul has said it himself.... this is not about him, this is about the message and we are the ones that must carry the torch!

We are not just people that chose Ron Paul as "their candidate" this year. We are the leaders of the rEVOLution. While typical Americans are not ready for the message, there is a GROWING number of people that are jumping aboard the freedom train. This train will not stop until we reach Freedom, USA. Full steam ahead!!!!

yaz
02-02-2008, 10:18 PM
I've done everything I can think of for Dr. Paul. ex: me @ 1:07 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EB9vk_QO2o

I will continue to do everything I can for him. I'm 19 and have been trying to keep the only political group on campus: Students for Ron Paul alive. One girl asked me, "Who's Ron Paul?" This was two days ago. I said that he was running for president. She replied, "Oh president of the campus?".... "No, president of the United States of America" .... "Oh...."

Sadly, this is not rare at my college. It's very depressing when I hear such things. My own parents are even anti-supportive of my efforts. What can I do? I'll run for congress when I am old enough to. The revolution will continue.

LizC
02-02-2008, 10:26 PM
You nailed it!!! I find myself thinking this myself......I too would liked to meet Ron Paul and shake his hand for being BRAVE against all of this crap. I find that I feel sorry for him in the position he is in but I can't get enough of him or his message. Because of Ron Paul, I now pay attention to politics which I have never done before. Our great country isn't so great anymore and people doubt what he says because for some, he is just another one of those politicians. I am thankful I have the ability to think for myself and to make my own decisions.

Use this forum to be an outlet any time. After all of this is done, whether Ron Paul makes it to the White House or not, we have formed an alliance amongst ourselves. Good things will come from this. We have had our eyes opened to everything that has gone right and wrong through this whole ordeal. WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.....IT MAY START OFF SMALL, but I have no doubt that it would make Ron Paul proud.

He has said time and time again that as long as we send the money, he will continue forward. And look at what we have accomplished for him!! WE can do wonderful things and this is only the beginning.........

rebelforacause
02-02-2008, 10:29 PM
and I know what you can do about it. I am an extremely passionate person that has seen more corruption since 1999 (wall street in 99 politics in 2001) than anybody should have to see. Now like you I have seen even more.

I want to unite and reward ron paul supporters. I am from CA ( silicon valley) and feel Manhattan has the most concentration of influential people in the world. The powerful clubs help the members achieve success far beyond the capabilities of others in different regions. Some are evil while others can help build an empire ( dont take this for granted)

We plan to re-locate to accomplish several big picture things in order to help rp supporters and other people with a heart that have kids and no hope.

www.jointherevolution.us and disruptorfund.com are two examples. Please help us do this and everyone can win.

Steve

Mark
02-02-2008, 11:02 PM
isleofus, you are loved. Remain true to yourself. The Freedom Revolution is in it's infancy.

Personally, I believe in God and accountability for our actions.

Hearing, when I move on from this world, "Well done, My good and faithful servent" is what I work for.

And that's all that really matters to me.

Living life in a way that means something. Not letting evil triumph by doing nothing. Fighting the good fight, because it's the right thing to do.

You will prevail, WE will prevail, in the only battle that matters, the battle in this world for the prevailing of Righteousness.

rebelforacause
02-02-2008, 11:19 PM
You can have all the power in the world but you can't hide from judgment day nor can you buy your way into Heaven. You can even be much smarter than the average sheeple. Simple but important reminder for the evil elite as they approach 80 years old.

BTW
pretending like you care about tsunami victoms doesn't erase all the bad carma

kirkblitz
02-02-2008, 11:21 PM
do we have to care about tsunami victims?

Mark
02-02-2008, 11:33 PM
do we have to care about tsunami victims?

Free will still is in play. But, it's wise to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

No matter what, it's good manners, and it makes you feel better too.

Ron2Win
02-02-2008, 11:38 PM
The only way I found that I could douse the fire burning in my belly was by action.

Ipod + Slim Jims + Mall Parking Lot = Great Relief

Emails to friends, media spreading the message = Great Relief

In the end, Spreading the message = Great Relief that I did my job.

thuja
02-02-2008, 11:44 PM
sounds like you are very aware, probably from a lot of research, so why not support the new website , www.thetruthifyoucanhandleit.webs.com, which will be a good way to educate the dopes who are currently deciding for us.

lynnf
02-03-2008, 08:46 AM
isleofus,

did any of this help? there's another thread about the Maine results that says that we did better than what the media is reporting because they are just reporting on the meaningless straw poll, and the delegate count is what is really important. there is some good news out there. here's the other thread in the forum about success in Maine ....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110166

lynn

trout007
02-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Here is a great book from one of the best Libertarian Writers.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Found-Freedom-Unfree-World/dp/0965603679

jglapski
02-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Free will still is in play. But, it's wise to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

No matter what, it's good manners, and it makes you feel better too.

Do unto others? Does this apply with masturbation? Emily Post will be so proud!

isleofus
02-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Thank you for all of your suggestions, encouragement, and links to uplifting information--I feel better already. I'll get up and brush off the dust and start over.

I belong to a local Ron Paul meet-up group which seems to have fallen apart after the very disappointing Florida vote. I think my energetic optimism turned to grief and frustration at that point--but I was never politically active in any way until I discovered Dr. Paul last November, so he was my "first love" so to speak, and I was prone to idealization.

I know many of you have been fighting the good fight for years longer than I have, and you are familiar with the setbacks and triumphs, so I consider you my virtual mentors in this process. Thanks again for your encouragement and advice.

I am considering becoming a precinct captain. That just might be the remedy the Dr. ordered.

rexsolomon
02-03-2008, 03:55 PM
I love Ron Paul.

Isleofus - Count thy blessings. Have you ever lived in a country under a merciless bloody dictator? Have you seen people dying in the streets out of hunger? Have you seen throngs of children stomachs bloated with worms and malnutrition, eyes wild and crazed with fear and hunger - ready and willing to literally kill for a meal?

We must all count ourselves lucky.

America has a savior. His name is Ron Paul.

Most of all, we have been awakened to the truth. There is no turning back this tide.