PDA

View Full Version : VP- BEst Chance to WIN PRes.

ghemminger
08-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Mitt Romney?
or choose a Dem. to get support on both sides...or can you do that?:confused:

Delaware
08-07-2007, 01:17 AM
id say pick someone who shares his ideals, otherwise he could be killed or injured and a neo con wold take over.

ghemminger
08-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Yeah that would suck but I'm trying to pick a VP that would beat the Dream Team of Clinton/Obama

Delaware
08-07-2007, 01:18 AM
President Ron Paul
Vice President Walter Williams
Secretary of State Pat Buchanan
Press Secretary John Stossel

0zzy
08-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Mitt Romney? What? No :). Like Delaware said, someone who shares his ideals.

Delaware
08-07-2007, 01:19 AM
it would probably be Ron Paul/Fred Thompson

Dunno how that would work, Thompson is CFR.

Alot of Young Republican (Neo-cons) i know are all about Fred Thomspon, just because he's a hit, there like Fred Thompson is the man.

Delaware
08-07-2007, 01:20 AM
If Ron Paul gets the Nomination, Clinton wont win, and im sure, if he gets the nod, that Mike Bloomberg will get it, and that will only take away from Clinton.

ghemminger
08-07-2007, 01:22 AM
Forgot about Fred....he'd be a good VP...nothing to do

Dustancostine
08-07-2007, 01:23 AM
I would say go for Stanford if Clinton chooses Edwards to run, but if Obama runs with Clinton go with Williams. It would help with the AA vote, and I would love to see Walt school Obama in the VP debates. I think if Walt Williams ran with RP the IQ of the nation would probably rise a couple of points before it was all said and done.

foofighter20x
08-07-2007, 01:23 AM
I say NO to a Walter Williams VP. He's FOR the Iraq War.

Better to get another outsider. Def. Mark Sanford, SC Gov. He's got lots of principles inline with Dr Paul.

SecState should be Sara Palin (to get her some face time at the Nat'l level for a VP Spot in a Sandford run for Pres)

Williams can be SecTreas.

AG should be David Iglesias

SecDef and SecVA are the only other two departments that need to be kept around.

njandrewg
08-07-2007, 01:24 AM
RP winning = country has pressed the reset button...no sense spoiling that by keeping the same slime on board

Shatterhand
08-07-2007, 01:32 AM
Paul with Sanford or Palin would really be a reform ticket. I think people would respond to real reform. :D :D :D :D

ghemminger
08-07-2007, 01:32 AM
I would say go for Stanford if Clinton chooses Edwards to run, but if Obama runs with Clinton go with Williams. It would help with the AA vote, and I would love to see Walt school Obama in the VP debates. I think if Walt Williams ran with RP the IQ of the nation would probably rise a couple of points before it was all said and done.

I know I'm clueless...but if I don't know who those guys are then they aren't gonna help with taverage voter guys....PLease

Who gets most bang for the buck...Fred Thomson?

Dustancostine
08-07-2007, 01:37 AM
By the time the general comes it doesn't matter about bang. Look who Bush picked Cheney. Ron Paul and us will be all the bang will need. Picking someone that is extremely intelligent like Williams or someone who is popular in the south like Sanford, or who is hot like Palin. Would be good. (I know that Sanford and Palin are both smart too :))

ghemminger
08-07-2007, 01:39 AM
By the time the general comes it doesn't matter about bang. Look who Bush picked Cheney. Ron Paul and us will be all the bang will need. Picking someone that is extremely intelligent like Williams or someone who is popular in the south like Sanford, or who is hot like Palin. Would be good. (I know that Sanford and Palin are both smart too :))

Dustin...I would have to disaggree I think he needs a "name VP" I think u underestimate the idiotc and establisment Dem Support

Dustancostine
08-07-2007, 01:40 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Williams

Even though he was for the war, he has already endorsed RP.

Also is you think RP knows something about Economics, Williams makes him look like an amateur.

Delaware
08-07-2007, 01:41 AM
Right Now, I'm liking Ron Paul/Mark Sanford

ghemminger
08-07-2007, 01:42 AM
Damit...u guys always make me learn stuff...ok...he's sounds fantabulous!

Hook
08-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Williams would be perfect if he didn't support the war.

Dustancostine
08-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Dustin...I would have to disaggree I think he needs a "name VP" I think u underestimate the idiotc and establisment Dem Support

The only time the Dem's win is when the Rep. shoot themselves in the foot.

Carter goes in because of Nixon.
Clinton because of recession and war caused by Bush 1.
Dem's get house and congress back because of Rep. being stupid.

Give a good Rep. from the south and he will win every time.

Republican candidates that I think can beat Hillary:

Ron Paul
Mike Huckabee
Fred Thompson.

People that can't win, no matter who the dems run:

Mitt Romney
Rudy Guliani

In states like Missouri, Ark., Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, Penn, Nev. Arz. NH, Hillary will beat Romney or Guliani.

Delaware
08-07-2007, 01:46 AM
Either Walter Williams, Sarah Palin, or Mark Sanford would make excellant choices. All deserve positions in his cabinet. But an African-American or a Female VP might win some votes from more liberal types.

ghemminger
08-07-2007, 01:47 AM
The only time the Dem's win is when the Rep. shoot themselves in the foot.

Carter goes in because of Nixon.
Clinton because of recession and war caused by Bush 1.
Dem's get house and congress back because of Rep. being stupid.

Give a good Rep. from the south and he will win every time.

Republican candidates that I think can beat Hillary:

Ron Paul
Mike Huckabee
Fred Thompson.

People that can't win, no matter who the dems run:

Mitt Romney
Rudy Guliani

In states like Missouri, Ark., Louisiana, Florida, Ohio, Penn, Nev. Arz. NH, Hillary will beat Romney or Guliani.

OK OK...I defer to the smarter dude....I don't know shit

Delaware
08-07-2007, 01:48 AM
I consider myself conservative, or paleoconservative, but if either Romney or Guiliani get the nod, especially Guiliani, i'll vote 3rd Party or even Democrat against them.

Guiliani is the worst, i can't stand to see his ugly face.

foofighter20x
08-07-2007, 01:59 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Williams

Even though he was for the war, he has already endorsed RP.

Also is you think RP knows something about Economics, Williams makes him look like an amateur.

Williams has already said he isn't interested in serving as VeeP.

Besides, we need continuity in office. That is, we need a VeeP young enough and principled enough to make their own bid after 8 years of Dr Paul.

Bro.Butch
08-07-2007, 02:52 AM
I consider myself conservative, or paleoconservative, but if either Romney or Guiliani get the nod, especially Guiliani, i'll vote 3rd Party or even Democrat against them.

Guiliani is the worst, i can't stand to see his ugly face.

LOL-Gargoyle man !!! the fellow is UGLY !!!

I always love these Veep threads in different groups. You all are incredible with optimism! Dr. Paul is setting @ 1-2 % in the polls and you want to name the VPOTUS. LOL- It would be a lot more productive to send in a donation &/or distribute a couple of hundred RP slim jims door to door this week !!! Maybe do a hour of sign waving !!! JMHO-LOL !!!

PEACE...

0zzy
08-07-2007, 03:00 AM
LOL-Gargoyle man !!! the fellow is UGLY !!!

I always love these Veep threads in different groups. You all are incredible with optimism! Dr. Paul is setting @ 1-2 % in the polls and you want to name the VPOTUS. LOL- It would be a lot more productive to send in a donation &/or distribute a couple of hundred RP slim jims door to door this week !!! Maybe do a hour of sign waving !!! JMHO-LOL !!!

PEACE...

That's...that's actually a good idea. People love food, people are fat in America. How do you promote Ron Paul? Put him on the food!

GOD WHY DIDN'T I THINK ABOUT THAT!

Razmear
08-07-2007, 03:06 AM
100% For Mark Sanford as VP

read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sanford

0zzy
08-07-2007, 03:14 AM
After reading wikipedia, Sanford looks pretty close to the ideas of Paul (even mentions how they vote No together.) However, it also criticizes him for being late or messing up the state economy. Hrmm :X>?

Roxi
08-07-2007, 03:15 AM
Mitt Romney's so dumb he would be easily convinced of ron pauls message and flip flop again to match his views then some smarter advisor would inform him to say, I have finally come around to ron pauls message, dont come at me with your holier than thou attitude because you liked him longer. And then he would have a hit put on RP with all his money, so he could become his successor

edit: I say Williams/Palin/Kwiatkowski/Stossell and a few others would be great choices

0zzy
08-07-2007, 03:17 AM
Mitt Romney's so dumb he would be easily convinced of ron pauls message and flip flop again to match his views then some smarter advisor would inform him to say, I have finally come around to ron pauls message, dont come at me with your holier than thou attitude because you liked him longer. And then he would have a hit put on RP with all his money, so he could become his successor

edit: I say Williams/Palin/Kwiatkowski/Stossell and a few others would be great choices

Johnson to John F. Kennedy? At least that's what my teacher thinks.

Razmear
08-07-2007, 03:22 AM
After reading wikipedia, Sanford looks pretty close to the ideas of Paul (even mentions how they vote No together.) However, it also criticizes him for being late or messing up the state economy. Hrmm :X>?

He only gets criticized because he routinely vetos the RINOs budgets in South Carolina, and they get all pissy.
In South Carolina, almost everyone who runs for office does so as a Republican because there are so many straight ticket voters that a dem can not get elected. We have Republicans here that make Obama look conservative.

I also think that Sanford would be a great choice to take over for Ron Paul in 2012.

eb

Revolution9
08-07-2007, 03:33 AM
<snipped fror brevity>
I also think that Sanford would be a great choice to take over for Ron Paul in 2012.

eb

Umm..Didn't you meant 2016?:eek: :D

Best Regards
Randy

foofighter20x
08-07-2007, 04:07 AM

There's always birth pangs when you deliver freedom. It's just the free market reasserting the proper balance in the economy that should have existed to begin with.

xita
08-07-2007, 04:44 AM
In this America? I'd say Paris Hilton for VP.

Akus
08-07-2007, 05:08 AM
As long as the Veep is a Libertarian, I don't care who it is.
So no Mitt and Fred.

Jennifer Reynolds
08-07-2007, 05:12 AM
///

foofighter20x
08-07-2007, 05:18 AM
I like Stossel for VP. Name recognition. With Penn and Teller in there some where. Press secretary?

John Stossel got beat up on tape during an interview with a pro-wrestler back in the 80s and sued him for damages.

I don't think that'd be good for the campaign (the fact that he got beat up on camera, that is).

Next.

ShaneC
08-07-2007, 05:20 AM
I say Sara Palin for VP.

America gets a pretty face, a woman *and* some real substance in addition to Dr. Paul. So, it may sound shallow, but I believe it to be true.

0zzy
08-07-2007, 05:21 AM
I say Sara Palin for VP.

America gets a pretty face, a woman *and* some real substance in addition to Dr. Paul. So, it may sound shallow, but I believe it to be true.

Doesn't hurt that she's cute and young. :P

foofighter20x
08-07-2007, 05:22 AM
I say Sara Palin for VP.

Nah. Like I said, for Dr Paul's cabinet, Sec State to get her in the spotlight. She can VeeP it on a Sanford ticket.

We need Sanford for the SC bump before the primaries. Dr Paul really needs to be seen rubbing elbows with him. Even better if Sanford endorsed Dr Paul right before Iowa.

This is where we need to get our foot in the door. Once it's in, all we got to do is coast. Freedom sells itself. ;)

0zzy
08-07-2007, 05:26 AM
Nah. Like I said, for Dr Paul's cabinet, Sec State to get her in the spotlight. She can VeeP it on a Sanford ticket.

We need Sanford for the SC bump before the primaries. Dr Paul really needs to be seen rubbing elbows with him. Even better if Sanford endorsed Dr Paul right before Iowa.

This is where we need to get our foot in the door. Once it's in, all we got to do is coast. Freedom sells itself. ;)

Is Sanford really that well received in the country? Judging from his wiki article he'd be a great VP :). He'd help get potential voters as well? How many you think?

foofighter20x
08-07-2007, 05:40 AM
From Wikipedia:
Governor Sanford has sometimes had a contentious relationship with the SC General Assembly, even though it has been controlled by his own party since 1995. The Republican-led SC House of Representatives overrode 105 of Sanford's 106 budget vetoes on May 26, 2004.[3] The following day, Sanford brought live pigs into the House chamber as a visual protest against "pork projects".[4]

Awesome. :D

Lois
08-07-2007, 06:09 AM
No Warmongers, please !!

That means no Thompson, Huckabee, Walter, Tancredo.

I like Buchanan, Gravel, Kucinich, Sanford. I have to check out Sarah Palin and Karen Kwait...... (can't be bothered to look up the spelling)

parocks
11-21-2009, 04:58 AM

Some here would differ with you on Palin and smart.