PDA

View Full Version : What about targeting the police?

Man from La Mancha
08-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Do you have any ideas on bringing the police on board? If they know about and like Ron's ideas it might help alot. Could we go to the police stations to hand out brochures, could we join their charities groups and help them or what. Are their any policeman out there that has a suggestion along these lines. There are many good cops and even the the bullies can understand some of Ron's message. Just a late night post that hit me.

Santana28
08-07-2007, 09:19 AM
i've made this suggestion before.

as the police are under the direction of their local city/village government, i think it would be MOST beneficial for local meetup groups to put together a nice professional looking packet with information on Ron Paul's stats, his positions, the purpose behind the meetup groups and the advertising, and perhaps a DVD or something of his speeches... and then mail them to either the City/Village government heads and/or the Chief of Police.

I think this would REALLY be helpful at keeping the police at bay... i think most of the problem comes from misinformation - the only thing they know about us is that we are troublemaking fringe political activists." And if anything, it would be easier to identify whether a local area is indeed FRIEND or FOE... once everything is laid out in the open...

constituent
08-07-2007, 09:39 AM
and that people who support the constitution/demand their rights etc. are potentially right-wingnut, conspiracy theorist, mcveigh type terrorists... The training cops get these days is insane!

Santana28
08-07-2007, 09:41 AM
thats why pointing out to the city leaders that we are standing up for AMERICAN interests and THE RULE OF LAW would go a LONG way in winning the support of the FOP and the local Police. and once the city councils and police are friendly, then we won't have any problems with permits for advertising or signage ;) hehe. Plus, possibly even local endorsements. This is a GOOD idea people!

DJ RP
08-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Many police like teachers are extremely frustrated with the way their departments are managed. Especially in the inner cities where the rediculous war on drugs forces them to constantly hit targets arresting deadbeat addicts rather than having time to build cases against real violent criminals.

I think many police officers would be very sympathetic to a message of releasing them from any federal involvement.

Bradley in DC
08-07-2007, 10:18 AM
please be careful about how you word the titles of your threads! :p

Gunslinger
08-07-2007, 10:37 AM
One of my friends is a police officer, and he has told me that the cops he knows are overwhelmingly supporting ghouliani. You have to remember that these folks are mostly unionized, are employed by local, state, and federal agencies, and typically toe the neo-con line. I wouldn't waste the time on that particular demographic when we can get the word out to folks that are capable of critical thinking and not blindly doing everything they're told.

There are obviously exceptions to what I said above, but they are few and far between.

Hamburglar
08-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Ending the war on drugs would help police out A LOT.

Akus
08-07-2007, 10:50 AM
I've given a RP flyers to a pig

Kregener
08-07-2007, 11:05 AM
The police, at least in the major metropolis's and most of the medium-sized cities, have been so thoroughly "militarized" that they have no understanding of freedom and liberty.

They cannot wait to use some of their cool, new toys on recalcitrant citizens.

Santana28
08-07-2007, 11:24 AM
police are people too, guys. with that attitude you certainly have no chance winning them over.

you can either approach them from the ground up - individual officers, or you can approach them from the top down - city government, and chiefs of police.

i doubt the FOP will support the anti-drug war stance.

Yes - bigger cities are going to be near impossible to crack. Dont forget that a lot of the big cities are also amnesty cities where the police aren't allowed to ask about immigration status. I think we'd do better stressing that point to large PDs, rather than small ones.

i work with police officers on a daily basis and many MANY are wonderful people, trying to make the world a better place one day at a time. i have a far lower opinion of office workers than i do police officers - at the VERY least these people are willing to put their butt on the line for what they do. Can you say that about a paper pusher? These people have my respect. People that name call and complain without doing anything about it - i have none for.

inibo
08-07-2007, 11:56 AM

I thought the same thing. :) If "they" weren't watching us before, they certainly are now.

"'Reaching the police,' Mr. NSA guy. That's what they really meant. Honest."

disinter
08-07-2007, 12:05 PM

Yea, I was hoping we were going to target these police:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/014460.html

And I don't mean with literature.

disinter
08-07-2007, 12:07 PM
police are people too, guys.

Could have fooled me. I thought they were more like robots.

lucius
08-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Do you have any ideas on bringing the police on board? If they know about and like Ron's ideas it might help alot. Could we go to the police stations to hand out brochures, could we join their charities groups and help them or what. Are their any policeman out there that has a suggestion along these lines. There are many good cops and even the the bullies can understand some of Ron's message. Just a late night post that hit me.

You want to wake up police to society's ills and with Dr. Paul as the ONLY Rx: 'Truth be Tolled' works wonders! Forget about 911, that NAFTA superhighway ‘land grab/boondoggle’ is enough. Then follow up with 2008 NAU/CFR Candidates; it all becomes real apparent. Police and Active military are one of my big focuses.

I heard later from one a very interesting remark, something like this, "You know, when America was born, she had a sharpshooter/sniper for a midwife". It sounded like a cool thing for a T-shirt.

guerillaeffect
08-07-2007, 12:22 PM
I've given a RP flyers to a pig

Did it just look at you and snort? Or did it quickly eat the flyers, thinking they were food. I've never personally given any pigs RP flyers because I didn't think it would do much good, since we slaughter and eat them anyway. I knew they had similar organs inside their body but I didn't know they could vote. Hmmm....I guess I could try it down on my sister's farm....