PDA

View Full Version : MTV Forum... Ron's Best Performance Ever???

dante
02-02-2008, 05:55 PM
It sure seemed that way to me. Thoughts?

PimpBlimp
02-02-2008, 05:56 PM
yup

too bad only young people will watch it :(

JoBurke
02-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karrl
02-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Big bump!!

Bigfish31379
Allmost brought me to tears Brilliant :D

Logistics
Wow, people here were saying he was so intelligent and unscripted!!

Agent CSL
02-02-2008, 05:58 PM
It was great. Really got Ron's message out there. He finished fighting like a tiger!

Cinderella
that was sooo amazing!!!

nodope0695
Absolutely the best. Hands down. Credit goes to MTV for giving him an open forum to voice his platform without interuption or ringing bells. And, most important, no Ghouliani Cackle.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-02-2008, 05:59 PM
Yes. He's getting better and better. He's used to making these points to academics. He's also used to getting basic respect from people he's talking to. It's taking him some time, but he's improving consistently.

slantedview
i wouldn't say best ever, but it was damn good, particularly because he got to talk so much :D

nodope0695
Wow, people here were saying he was so intelligent and unscripted!!

Nice:D:D:D

tarabyte
02-02-2008, 06:00 PM
This was really great, and it was even more great because it happened right close to super tuesday. Finally some MSM exposure that gave him a chance to really talk.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Yep, he KICKED ASS!!

And Obama is struggling to crawl through these questions.

RonPaulMTV
02-02-2008, 06:02 PM
He was brilliant, he didn't talk down to the youth at all, and I think they will appreciate it. That's the thing about logic ... it's very hard to argue with things that make sense!

Omnis
02-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Paul was fantastic. I just wish he didn't have the microphone malfunctions and that he spoke a little more collectedly. Sometimes he would go so fast without pausing, you know?

wfd40
02-02-2008, 06:04 PM
best interview ever i think...

Why? Because he was VERY VERY forceful, confident and secure... yet, totally pitchperfect and warm in the message he was delivering..

I mean, seriously... there was a different animal up there on stage in front of millions of impressionable youth... this was a DEFINING MOMENT..

I'm literally in shock right now about how EPIC his performance was.
------------
Furthermore, he's making the libral message of Obama sound silly..
:)

911cartoon
02-02-2008, 06:05 PM
it was glorious.. I DEMAND A DIVX copy!

Liberty_is_NORML
02-02-2008, 06:05 PM
That format is so much better than the other debates.

Bravo to MTV...frankly, I am very pleasantly surprised.

paulimperative
02-02-2008, 06:06 PM
man oh man, having obama right after that is like some kind of cruel joke. and with the "CHANGE" posters lining the walls behind him? amazing. you couldn't be more ironic if you tried

DFF
02-02-2008, 06:08 PM
It was the best performance I've seen.

He touched on everything and did it in such an articulate and genuine fashion that the other candidates just can't compete.

This is precisely why the MSM has spurned him.

They know if he's heard people will vote for him without even thinking twice.

j0ew00ds
02-02-2008, 06:13 PM

Why? Because he was VERY VERY forceful, confident and secure... yet, totally pitchperfect and warm in the message he was delivering..

I mean, seriously... there was a different animal up there on stage in front of millions of impressionable youth... this was a DEFINING MOMENT..

------------

+1

Dutch
02-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Sometimes he would go so fast without pausing, you know?
The MTV youth wouldn't want it any other way. When is the last time you saw a music video? :D

J/K,

Dutch

j0ew00ds
02-02-2008, 06:14 PM
I know i'm going to regret saying this, but MTV may be off my poop-list... I'm sure in 1 hour it'll be back on once Road Rules World Super Gauntlet 8 comes on.

luvfreedom
02-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Absolutely the best. Hands down. Credit goes to MTV for giving him an open forum to voice his platform without interuption or ringing bells. And, most important, no Ghouliani Cackle.

We need to thank MTV.

At the very least this forum will spur people to look into him further.

christagious
02-02-2008, 06:37 PM
too bad all these kids want handouts

RPForPeace
02-02-2008, 07:05 PM
YES. This is absolutely one of his bests!!!

GHoeberX
02-02-2008, 07:06 PM
it was glorious.. I DEMAND A DIVX copy!

That's exactly what I'm rendering right now

Mordan
02-02-2008, 07:11 PM
yea his best. but he can improve his posture a little. I didn't like the way he was holding the microphone with his right hand. A bit weakly. Otherwise really impressed. Obama sucked. Clinton and Huckabee are great speakers though.

RSLudlum
02-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Most time he's ever been given in a forum without interruption...

RonPaulFTW08
02-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Digg this article so everyone can see the results. Let's make this one of the most dugg stories about RP: http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_dominates_MTV_MySpace_s_Presidential_Deba te

Actual results here: http://www.flektor.com/webflek/view/_1201558654_980637_3946_0_1_004

OMG Truth is spreading!!!!:eek:

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Hands down the best!!! I got multiple-Rongasms watching him. Hi looked very presidential and was answering the questions flawlessly. :)

But most shocking was how shitty Obama was! Holy crap! He stumbled on the words, unclear answers etc etc. He is light years from being presidential material. How can the sheeple go out and vote for a guy like that?????

tsetsefly
02-02-2008, 07:26 PM
i am looking at the video and I am very dissapointed in the first two answers and I am dissapointed so far.

RPinUptownChi
02-02-2008, 07:30 PM
I have never been more inspired in my life. I'm not even kidding. Thank you Dr. Paul!

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-02-2008, 07:31 PM
i am looking at the video and I am very dissapointed in the first two answers and I am dissapointed so far.

:confused:

Huh? Are you watching the Obama segment or something?

nightlight
02-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Yes. He's getting better and better. He's used to making these points to academics.

I think he still does. For example, 60 trillion in government obligations. That means nothing to most people. Why not divide it by the 300 million population and say that every man, women and child ows $200,000, which a regular person can relate to.

I don't blame Dr Paul for this abstract, academic style, he is the way he is. But his big buck campaign professionals ought to know better. They're the ones damaging this campagn.

RonPaulFTW08
02-02-2008, 07:35 PM
"How do you feel about Sen. Clinton's answer on her vote authorizing the Iraq War?"

65% said Just Not Buying It
9% said Skeptical But Still Listening

"How has what you've just heard from Sen. Clinton tonight affected your vote?"

64% said Definitely Voting For Someone Else
7% said Less Likely To Vote For Her

zach
02-02-2008, 07:38 PM
trust me.. get ready for a fun time.

you'll get multiple rongasms eventually once you're past the first few questions.

syborius
02-02-2008, 07:44 PM
yea his best. but he can improve his posture a little. I didn't like the way he was holding the microphone with his right hand. A bit weakly. Otherwise really impressed. Obama sucked. Clinton and Huckabee are great speakers though.

that asswipe crew didnt attach a mircrophone as they should have. I don't think Obama had one or Hillary, and I noticed that too. When you are so thin, no matter what you hold it will look like that. RP needs to eat more chocolate chip cookies though. :D and ohh yeah, he was damn impressive. :D

Laja
02-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Hands down the best!!! I got multiple-Rongasms watching him.

Multiple Rongasms? That is hilarious! I love it...

humanic
02-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Quite possibly his best yet. He hit all of the questions out of the park.

fightfortruth
02-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I think that Ron Paul rocked it because the questions were extremely liberal and seemed like they would be tough for him but it his responses were awsome.

I do wish that there were some things that he should have repeated over and over again. He should have said that he does not take money from lobbyists or special interest groups, he should have said that he wants to bring the troops home immediatly, he wants to get rid of the income tax and replace it with nothing, and he has had more campaign contributions from veitnam vets and active military.

He did great though. That audience was so liberal.

dfb
02-02-2008, 08:09 PM
great responses, but what was the deal with the background and sound?

Obama and Clinton had much better backgrounds, lighting and sound. Was this Paul's campaigns fault or MTV? I hate to say it, but the look also is so important to undecided voters.

I couldn't believe they allowed him to keep talking even though there was no sound. Unbelievable.

His answers were far more credible and on point than any other candidate.

I am so sick of hearing about Obama and change. even MTV pushed this, its just so untrue. Obama offers no change, only change from Bush.

Paul is the only candidate who would really shake things up.

shooter_tx
02-02-2008, 08:27 PM
On YouTube yet?

Bender
02-02-2008, 09:02 PM

Obama and Clinton had much better backgrounds, lighting and sound. Was this Paul's campaigns fault or MTV? I hate to say it, but the look also is so important to undecided voters.

I couldn't believe they allowed him to keep talking even though there was no sound. Unbelievable.

I am so sick of hearing about Obama and change. even MTV pushed this, its just so untrue. Obama offers no change, only change from Bush.

+1 My thoughts as well. This was the best 'debate' I think I have seen.

GHoeberX
02-02-2008, 09:03 PM
On YouTube yet?

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o5dNXeE2FE
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlYig6RpH6M
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABoO4ThpMYE
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-AtJBG8XIM

Mckarnin
02-02-2008, 09:12 PM

I kind of liked the flag to the right and that blue stream of light from the left...

driller80545
02-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Dr. Paul clearly set himself apart from the other candidates tonight. He was the only one who didn't sound as if he were pandering. The others sounded like: For Obama-press one, etc.

pacelli
02-02-2008, 09:22 PM

------------

You know what? You're absolutely wrong.. ha ha just kidding. You are spot on !!!!! You and I are experiencing the same shock at the true EPIC nature of this event for Dr. Paul in terms of his ability to make the message work for all age groups. He presents it in the best way he can (some blunders, but everybody has them).

Speaking of blunders, Barry came off as an idiot when he was answering the questions. He would make long pauses in the middle of his sentences: "uhhh..some bizarre throat noise thing". Barry is really a terrible public speaker when he doesn't have a script to deliver.

InLoveWithRon
02-02-2008, 09:23 PM
//

InLoveWithRon
02-02-2008, 09:23 PM
I missed the actual debates as I had a family get together..

But I just watched the youtubes and WOW !! Paul was terrific!! But did the young people in the audience actually get what he was saying? Ron is so much smarter than the other politicians that they may have been confused not hearing those dumbed down sound bytes like the other politicians do.

Carole
02-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Is there a url for the video?

Scott Wilson
02-02-2008, 09:56 PM
I think Ron Paul did well.

I would have been more general if I was him though.

Ron needs to enunciate to people the U.S. was founded upon the principle of a limited government whereby government is established for the express purpose of protecting individual liberty and the powers of the government are strictly kept in check via a constitution. This is the principle which makes the USA different to every other nation on earth.

Young people need to understand this foundation due to the fact that very few really understand this simple premise and thus easily buy into the rhetoric of Obama, McCain, Huckabee or Romney.

Carole
02-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Thank you for the you tubes. :)

Watched them all. He did very well and made a very good impression.

Carole
02-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Guys, did Ron Paul go first? If he did then he gave them a whole new sets of ideas to ponder. If Hillary and Obama followed him at this debate, it would be very hard to sound as though they are about "change". Dr. Paul had a distinct advantage and he really made it clear that he was a "sea change"!!

What do you think? What if you had to listen to the same old /same old from a different voice and had heard Dr. Paul already with his "real change"? :D

corsairtro
02-02-2008, 10:24 PM
amazing, amazing