PDA

View Full Version : USAelectionpolls.com on straw poll predictions

Bradley in DC
08-06-2007, 11:06 PM
http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/

RCP Predicts Ames Straw Poll Winner - Mitt Romney
There was a poll of Republican officials on who they believe will win the Ames Straw Poll and Mitt Romney won with an overwhelming majority. Those polled were asked to rank their choices from 1 to 5, more weight going to their first place candidate and less going to their last place candidate.

93% of those believed Mitt Romney would be the eventual winner. In second place was Tom Tancredo.

RCP Predicts Ames Straw Poll Loser - Ron Paul
Ron Paul was the only major Republican candidate to receive 0 votes. This means that none of the 30 officials predicted Ron Paul would be one of the top 5 finishers in Ames. John Cox finished ahead of him! That wreaks of bias against the non-conformist Republican candidate.

We personally believe that Huckabee will do much better than the 4th place finish RCP predict and surprise people with a strong second place finish. Ron Paul has been consistently getting 12-15% at straw polls around the country so there is no reason to believe he won't get that here. That should be good enough to vault him into a third place finish.

We believe the Sam Brownback and Tom Tancredo voters will find themselves choosing Mike Huckabee in the long run and that they will fail to make a splash. Tommy Thompson's and Duncan Hunter's poor finish should knock him them out of the race we believe.

Richie
08-06-2007, 11:10 PM
This actually sounds pretty realistic.

0zzy
08-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Which straw polls are they referring to? Most of the ones I've seen were 2nd place for Ron Paul more than 12-15%, but I only saw three.

RCP Predicts Ames Straw Poll Loser - Ron Paul
wtf?

Kuldebar
08-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Ron Paul admitted that his one flaw was that he is not forceful enough for the cause of liberty. Well, he was not really forceful enough with his anti-war message. The trick to political campaigning is that you get those buzzwords and catch phrases out there. Ron Paul was successful with his "Just Come Home" phrase.

In the video above, look for Rudy Giuliani shaking his head at Ron Paul's statements at 1:02. The video showed that the other Republicans were very uncomfortable with Paul's statements.

What does that mean? "Well, he was not really forceful enough with his anti-war message. "

"Just come home. We just marched in. We can just come back. We went in there illegally. We did not declare war. It's lasting way too long. We didn't declare war in Korea or Vietnam. The wars were never really ended. We lose those wars. We're losing this one. We shouldn't be there. We ought to just come home."
That was one statement that Paul made in the debate that was very forceful and carried a lot of weight.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-06-2007, 11:46 PM
This actually sounds pretty realistic.

Realistic? ha

I don't pay any attention to this crap or the "mainstream polls" a bunch of bs if you ask me.

ThePieSwindler
08-06-2007, 11:48 PM
usa election polls is a great site - they tell it like it is, aren't necessarily pro-paul, but they treat him fairly. Romney 1st, huckabee 2nd, paul third sounds about right.

ThePieSwindler
08-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Realistic? ha

I don't pay any attention to this crap or the "mainstream polls" a bunch of bs if you ask me.

yeah but the nation does. Ames straw poll is important, and it is vital that Ron finish in the top 5 or so. a 3rd place finish for ron would be EXCELLENT, and would get his name at the top of the 2nd tier, and above john mccain for good.

But do remember that ron paul has gotten 12-15% in straw polls of REPUBLICAN GROUPS. Since half of his support is from democrats, independants, and libertarians, he should get an even bigger boost in iowa. 2nd or 3rd place is very realistic.

jonahtrainer
08-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Ron Paul admitted that his one flaw was that he is not forceful enough for the cause of liberty.

That was one statement that Paul made in the debate that was very forceful and carried a lot of weight.

I think Ron Paul was sending a cue to amp up the volume on the fight for liberty. Who heard his trumpet sound? Are the soldiers of liberty going to hearken to his battle cry?

What are you going to do? On Thursday I am going to make 200 signs with the local meetup group. Let freedom ring from sea to shining to sea!!!

ThePieSwindler
08-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Oh and anyone see that link below the current one we are talking about here on usaelectionpolls? Watch those videos by that guy "JHbowden" - he tries to be all intellectual about supporting rudy giuliani and only seems to allow comments that make Ron Paul supporters seem like raving lunatics. Hes actually a neocon idiot that professes to know "more about history" than Ron Paul supporters. Quite funny.

torchbearer
08-07-2007, 12:01 AM
I think Ron Paul was sending a cue to amp up the volume on the fight for liberty. Who heard his trumpet sound? Are the soldiers of liberty going to hearken to his battle cry?

What are you going to do? On Thursday I am going to make 200 signs with the local meetup group. Let freedom ring from sea to shining to sea!!!

Hell yeh! We will not go down without a fight!