PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul supporters praised by Iowa debate watcher

Psyclone
08-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Cyclone Conservatives (a blog that follows Republican politics in Iowa) singled out Ron Paul supporters for praise in a very comprehensive review of the debate:

http://cycloneconservatives.blogspot.com/2007/08/abc-drake-university-gop-debate.html

From the blog: "In my opinion, there is no campaign of either side that has more passionate supporters. He had literally an army of followers staked outside the grounds with signs, who were chatting mercilessly."

Be sure to vote in the Cyclone Conservatives poll if you visit.

Dustancostine
08-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Ron Paul: Supporters Galore, Didn't Focus Enough on HIS Issues
In my opinion, there is no campaign of either side that has more passionate supporters. He had literally an army of followers staked outside the grounds with signs, who were chatting mercilessly. They even stood in the rain and preached the name of Congressman Paul. The problem was, the Congressman was too busy preaching a message that didn't resonate inside. While I think there are substantial quantities of anti-war GOPers out there in places, Ron should be focusing on the issues that make him trump absolutely everyone on the stage. He needs to talk about why he is "Dr. No". He's the guy who has the best record, in my opinion, when it comes to limited government and I was hoping he'd do a better job talking about it. Lots of national blogs are predicting a huge surprise on Saturday from Paul and while I'm not completely ready to buy into that, I think he has an opportunity to make a statement in Iowa. The Congressman needs to stick to the issues that make his libertarian perspective so inviting.

Are you kidding me?:confused:
Instead of complaining that RP didn't get to talk about domestic issues, why doesn't he send an email to Stephanie and ask why he only gave RP foreign policy questions.
This blogger seems a bit irresponsible.

Here is his email: Lets ask him:: donmcd@iastate.edu

--Dustan

ghemminger
08-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Cyclone Conservatives (a blog that follows Republican politics in Iowa) singled out Ron Paul supporters for praise in a very comprehensive review of the debate:

http://cycloneconservatives.blogspot.com/2007/08/abc-drake-university-gop-debate.html

From the blog: "In my opinion, there is no campaign of either side that has more passionate supporters. He had literally an army of followers staked outside the grounds with signs, who were chatting mercilessly."

Be sure to vote in the Cyclone Conservatives poll if you visit.

How can we digg this? Forget it..Don't know where this guy stands

BLS
08-06-2007, 11:20 PM
This is the most important part....

He needs to talk about why he is "Dr. No". He's the guy who has the best record, in my opinion, when it comes to limited government and I was hoping he'd do a better job talking about it.

tiznow
08-06-2007, 11:33 PM
This is because the MSM makes sure they ask him about iraq in every single debate, but when it comes to other issues, for this debate it was abortion, healthcare, and fairtax (they don't allow him to chime in as he's pointing his finger in frustration trying to get time to talk) and the final two questions used that he was allowed to answer were pointless questions to begin with and didn't deal with major issues in america today.

Kuldebar
08-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Ron Paul: Supporters Galore, Didn't Focus Enough on HIS Issues

In my opinion, there is no campaign of either side that has more passionate supporters. He had literally an army of followers staked outside the grounds with signs, who were chatting mercilessly. They even stood in the rain and preached the name of Congressman Paul. The problem was, the Congressman was too busy preaching a message that didn't resonate inside. While I think there are substantial quantities of anti-war GOPers out there in places, Ron should be focusing on the issues that make him trump absolutely everyone on the stage. He needs to talk about why he is "Dr. No". He's the guy who has the best record, in my opinion, when it comes to limited government and I was hoping he'd do a better job talking about it. Lots of national blogs are predicting a huge surprise on Saturday from Paul and while I'm not completely ready to buy into that, I think he has an opportunity to make a statement in Iowa. The Congressman needs to stick to the issues that make his libertarian perspective so inviting.

Well, short of hijacking the debate format, one can't choose what you can "focus" upon. So, can't really fault Paul on not speaking to things he wasn't asked about, which seemed to happen curiously enough: medical care, taxes, anyone?

But, the observation was correct in the fact that there were other issues that Paul could have spoken to that would have resonated better if he had been given the chance. But, the War in Iraq is a biggie, and I can't believe that all Iowans fully support the current foreign policy.

GreyBlood
08-07-2007, 02:02 AM
ahhh!! my eyes!!!! they burn!! It's like he thought to himself "how can I get people not to read my blog? I know! lots and lots of very bright yellow!!!

Badger Paul
08-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Cyclione Conservative has been very fair to RP. I would just mention that with only 4:12 of speaking time, and no questions on healthat care or taxes, its hard to get that message out.