PDA

View Full Version : subliminal association with liberty

Suhail Syed
02-02-2008, 04:43 PM
i'm hoping 1 day we can wear shirts where the silhouet of Ron Paul will be associated with liberty

wherever you see a silhouet of Che Guevara, people do not think about Che Guevara... rather that picture is symbolic of a revolutionary time...

i'm thinking of trying to get a few simple shirts designed for myself of a silhouet of Ron Paul and within the silhouet the word liberty is designed into it...

if someone here already knows someone selling shirts of that type, please let me know so i can purchase it

or if someone here is a good designer, please help me get this image set... i'd love to get a few pins and shirts made like that

here's an example of a Che Guevara shirt people wear for whatever reason... but when people look at this shirt, it's not about supporting Che and his communistic ideals, it's about revolution in a symbolic way:
http://www.wereldomroep.nl/images/assets/13270877
help me get a design like this of Ron Paul so I can get a few shirts made, for now Ron Paul's sihouet is not associated with Liberty but in time it shall... maybe without the word liberty could be done... maybe a sihouet of the statue of liberty on the back with liberty and on the front with ron paul's sihouet would be better?

LibertyEagle
02-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Just please don't use that mock up that made Ron Paul look like Che II.

Che Guevara was a Communist and a murderer and it is an unbelievable insult to associate Dr. Paul with someone like him.

Mark Rushmore
02-02-2008, 04:48 PM
wherever you see a silhouet of Che Guevara, people do not think about Che Guevara... rather that picture is symbolic of a revolutionary time...

^^ strike one against that theory

Suhail Syed
02-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Just please don't use that mock up that made Ron Paul look like Che II.

Che Guevara was a Communist and a murderer and it is an unbelievable insult to associate Dr. Paul with someone like him.

point is to focus on associating ron paul's sihouet with liberty, not revolution
che's image is the standard with revolution

1 side maybe ron's image, on the reverse side maybe the statue of liberty with the word liberty designed into it

phrizek
02-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Somebody posted this amazing image on facebook:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7223/peculiar203rp3ms6.jpg

Suhail Syed
02-02-2008, 08:27 PM
i love that! THANK YOU! :)

WilliamC
02-02-2008, 08:30 PM
There is one with a silhoute of Ron Paul and the caption "Who Is This Man And Why Is He Trying To Save My Country?" on it, it was quite nice.

LibertyEagle
02-02-2008, 08:34 PM
point is to focus on associating ron paul's sihouet with liberty, not revolution
che's image is the standard with revolution

YOU may think that. But, I guarantee you that the older generation DOES NOT. Che Guevarra was a Communist and a murderer. I do not think Dr. Paul would appreciate being associated with that. Do you?

LibertyEagle
02-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Somebody posted this amazing image on facebook:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7223/peculiar203rp3ms6.jpg

This IS beautiful. :)

Suhail Syed
02-02-2008, 08:43 PM
YOU may think that. But, I guarantee you that the older generation DOES NOT. Che Guevarra was a Communist and a murderer. I do not think Dr. Paul would appreciate being associated with that. Do you?

listen... the whole point of bring up Che's name was to bring about an example of how a sihouet of a person can be symbolic of an idea... I DO NOT WANT TO USE CHE GUEVARRA FOR THE LAST TIME

now that was clearly stated, step aside from associating my idea as something harmful with Ron Paul

i came here to get a sihouet of Ron Paul so i can get some shirts made... i got an awesome picture from phrizek (thanks again :) ) so i'm happy

thomaseusin
02-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I wish that RP's silhouette should be facing front and center. A silhouette of RP facing sidewards kinda looks like Bush. You might get pelted with stones if you wore that.

Just sayin'.

Suhail Syed
02-02-2008, 09:14 PM
do you have a better picture to offer :\

jglapski
02-02-2008, 09:41 PM
^^ strike one against that theory

Strike two.

Ernesto Guevara was a mass murderer. I will mention that to idiots that wear his shirts.

Suhail Syed
02-02-2008, 10:00 PM
jglapski... people don't wear it to support the man itself... rather they support the idea of revolution... wearing the shirt of che does not support him because his image as a sihouet has transcended him into a symbol... which is deeper then the actual man himself

and regardless, that was to illustrate why i want to have RON PAUL with LIBERTY

so for the last time to all who wanna post on this thread... THIS IS FOR RON PAUL'S SIHOUET BEING ASSOCIATED WITH LIBERTY

THIS IS NOT ABOUT CHE'S SIHOUET BEING ASSOCIATED WITH REVOLUTION

I BROUGHT CHE UP JUST AS AN EXAMPLE ABOUT HOW PEOPLE WEAR SHIRTS WITH HIS SIHOUETS AND IT'S UNDERSTOOD ITS FOR REVOLUTION... THAT CONCEPT CAN BE DONE WITH RON PAUL AND LIBERTY