PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul currently in a STRONG SECOND for the Maine Caucus!

Starks
02-02-2008, 04:15 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/election/2008/dashboard/?d=ME

Awesome!

Lord Xar
02-02-2008, 04:16 PM
I was hoping he'd win Maine.

The news were saying there is a good chance he'd win. Do I have this wrong?

I am confused - is this in "real time" is this going on right now or?

do you see us being able to move in first?

0zzy
02-02-2008, 04:17 PM
hope we get all the delegates :)

Agent CSL
02-02-2008, 04:17 PM
12% reporting

Doesn't this go on until tomorrow night though?

angelatc
02-02-2008, 04:18 PM
I was hoping he'd win Maine.

The news were saying there is a good chance he'd win. Do I have this wrong?

Nope. I'm with you. "Having a good chance to win!" does not equate to 20% to me.

EvilEngineer
02-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Thought we were ahead...
http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/?p=4377

Starks
02-02-2008, 04:20 PM
The caucus will continue for another 24+ hours so don't worry about the early results.

Lyn
This is based on less than 1000 actual votes cast among all republicans. Lets wait til there's a more representative sample.

randomname
21% vs 53% a strong second?

Starks
02-02-2008, 04:21 PM

Sorry for being an optimist.

JustBcuz
02-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Nope. I'm with you. "Having a good chance to win!" does not equate to 20% to me.

These look to be straw poll results, not delegates.

However, beating McCain again would be very, very nice. :)

Kotin
02-02-2008, 04:22 PM
yeah the rural always report first...

Lord Xar
02-02-2008, 04:25 PM
The caucus will continue for another 24+ hours so don't worry about the early results.

you know... I have no faith in the political process - I am rather sure, there will be a McCain "surge" and Ron will end in a distant third or fourth. I do agree, I tend towards suspicion and paranoia - :)

anyways.. even if Ron does pull it out -- the MSM will be silent.. of course.

Perhaps I am very dour because I am listening to Obama's wife speak (she gets more time than Ron Paul) and she is just like Obama -- NO SUBSTANCE! I get the impression she and her husband have no understand of anything in any real detail and just use keywords like "change" "the bar" "out of work" "can't buy things".. yet NO SOLUTIONS. Sickening.. and all the sheep are clapping away yet they were given no solutions.. just fairy tales.

anewvoice
02-02-2008, 04:26 PM

In that article about us winning, it had us polling in the twenties so it does not see far off. And winning is based on delegates anyway (though that won't be reported).

Goldwater Conservative
02-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Don't forget that Romney is the favorite son. Maine used to be part of Massachusetts, after all. :D

virginiakid
02-02-2008, 04:30 PM
These look to be straw poll results, not delegates.

However, beating McCain again would be very, very nice. :)

They are straw poll results. Go to Maine thread. Appears we are going to do very well in the delegate count. But not sure yet.

Mordan
02-02-2008, 04:30 PM
yahoo = straw polls!!!!!!!!!!! carefull!!!!!!!!!!!!!! read results from RP sites

Melissa
02-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Ok I am with the OP on this one THIS IS AWESOME all of this work is only us no news, no free air time so this is our power and we are a good 2nd so I say HELL YAAAAAAAAAAA

therealjjj77
02-02-2008, 04:36 PM
I have a feeling Romney is using the LDS church to run a very effective campaign. I would suspect that they spend their church time going over campaign materials and how to get out the vote. That's 5.6 million people nationwide. If each of them went out and got 4 more voters for Romney, that's over 20 million votes and more then enough to win the primary.

jwerner
02-02-2008, 04:48 PM

stronger than 20%. He is beating McCain who is the frontrunner. dont be a stick in the mud.

only 12% reporting. Maybe they have only counted the Morman part of town....
wait until the hippies wake up tonight and then the gun nuts vote on Sunday morning before going to the range. It is probably a sin to vote on Sunday

JustBcuz
02-02-2008, 04:56 PM
I have a feeling Romney is using the LDS church to run a very effective campaign. I would suspect that they spend their church time going over campaign materials and how to get out the vote. That's 5.6 million people nationwide. If each of them went out and got 4 more voters for Romney, that's over 20 million votes and more then enough to win the primary.

If you could catch them doing that I'd love to hear about it.

So would the IRS as it would cost their church it's tax exempt status.

Edit to add: Same thing goes for any church doing something similar for Gov. Huckabee, or even Sen. McCain.

seapilot
02-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Wouldnt the rural be the last to report?

ionlyknowy
02-02-2008, 06:32 PM
bump

Airborn
02-02-2008, 06:39 PM
we are now third with 19%..... 47% reporting

phixion
02-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Have they switched the positions around, or WHAT? We was breaking away... this is disgusting.

Pete

ClayTrainor
02-02-2008, 06:43 PM

OUCH!

Lord Xar
02-02-2008, 06:48 PM

exactly what I predicted. Its already happening. I believe Ron would win, but he who counts the votes - decides everything.

Even in the LA TIMES today, it said "ron would most likely win maine.."... - yet...
what is happening?

I am noticing that when predictions are made for other candidates, they come true - YET, when they are made for Ron Paul - miraculously, it fails.. hmm.

another LA come to pass.

robmpreston
02-02-2008, 06:50 PM
exactly what I predicted. Its already happening. I believe Ron would win, but he who counts the votes - decides everything.

Even in the LA TIMES today, it said "ron would most likely win maine.."... - yet...
what is happening?

I am noticing that when predictions are made for other candidates, they come true - YET, when they are made for Ron Paul - miraculously, it fails.. hmm.

another LA come to pass.

It all comes down to the same thing as always - we don't get the vote of older people. We have great presence and strong grassroots but that doesnt translate into votes and it doesn't cover the 90% of people who don't openly participate in the election process outside of voting.

Staupostek
02-02-2008, 06:56 PM
what is happening?

I thought just yesterday that RP was getting an unusually high amount of MSM mentions about him winning Maine. I thought that it was a set up for him to lose Maine and that way the media has set him up to "win" and then they can go around and report how he has "lost his only chance to win" all over tomorrow.

freelance
02-02-2008, 06:57 PM
I thought just yesterday that RP was getting an unusually high amount of MSM mentions about him winning Maine. I thought that it was a set up for him to lose Maine and that way the media has set him up to "win" and then they can go around and report how he has "lost his only chance to win" all over tomorrow.

NEVER believe the media when they say he could surprise and win. It's always a setup.

hillbilly
02-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Wouldnt the rural be the last to report?

Nah. Smaller population = easier tallying.

Lord Xar-- you nailed it. "He who counts the votes decides everything."

We need to be volunteering as observers en masse.

Staupostek
02-02-2008, 07:00 PM
NEVER believe the media when they say he could surprise and win. It's always a setup.

Yeah, especially when he came in second in Nevada and they wouldn't even mention him. That's all the stories the last few days smelled fishy.

specialkornflake
02-02-2008, 07:01 PM

I can promise you that this is not the case. The Mormon church is very strict about not being involved in politics.

Myerz
02-02-2008, 07:12 PM
What the hell? What's with the spread? I thought all the candidates had pretty much ignored Maine, except for Ron. And this is what they do? To think, all the rumors .....oooh Ron might win Maine! If it's the results of a suspected win are this wrong.....what the hell?

Airborn
02-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Updated 57% reporting ... Paul still behind Mccain by 95 votes.

Myerz
02-02-2008, 07:14 PM
I can promise you that this is not the case. The Mormon church is very strict about not being involved in politics.

Not when a Mormon is running for president..... it furthers their cause.

Young_Apprentice
02-02-2008, 07:18 PM

Mormon people in these forums have reported being pushed to go out and vote for romney by their church leaders.

Peace&Freedom
02-02-2008, 07:33 PM
What the hell? What's with the spread? I thought all the candidates had pretty much ignored Maine, except for Ron. And this is what they do? To think, all the rumors .....oooh Ron might win Maine! If it's the results of a suspected win are this wrong.....what the hell?

The others did ignore Maine, so they scrambled in the last few days to get out the vote to win the beauty contest/straw poll. But Paul has been winning a lot of the DELEGATES so far, which is the main deal.

jdmetz
02-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I think Romney is getting the votes of anti-McCain people. :(

zach
02-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Does anyone have a link for the results coming in?

frasu
02-02-2008, 08:08 PM
The others did ignore Maine, so they scrambled in the last few days to get out the vote to win the beauty contest/straw poll. But Paul has been winning a lot of the DELEGATES so far, which is the main deal.

where is he wining the candidates? I just have no clue where to follow that kind of info?

and on a side note what the heck is wrong with Main? McCain? WHY? :rolleyes:

RageAgainstDC
02-02-2008, 08:12 PM
how do you find delegate totals?

peacemonger
02-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Now 107 votes behind McPain. Are you kidding me????

What the hell is going on here?

Is there really no Hope for America? Arggg!

RageAgainstDC
02-02-2008, 08:13 PM

95% of the vote doesn't come from a church that isn't involved in politics. They may not come out and say it, but let's admit it, mormons have.. umm... legal reasons to want another mormon in office. it's just a fact.

Feelgood
02-02-2008, 09:07 PM
http ://news.yahoo.com/election/2008/dashboard/?d=ME

CurtisLow
02-02-2008, 09:49 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/election/2008/dashboard/?d=ME

Awesome!

What happen? 3ed?

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-02-2008, 09:54 PM
k we lose, billionare wins

tamor
02-02-2008, 09:57 PM
I see 3rd with 68% in

syborius
02-02-2008, 10:16 PM
What happen? 3ed?

It's called fraud. Until the sheep do something about it, the fraud will be there, and people will cry, bicker, whine, unless there is a breaking point, and the people rise up and start a real revolution. We are not only asking people to wake up from their slumber, but we are also asking them to realize that the enemy has always been within. Tough thing to sell.

Ethek
02-02-2008, 10:25 PM
don't despair. It looks promising for the delegate votes that really count. The straw poll votes you are seeing will be fodder for the MSM but what we need are delegates.

chowdy
02-02-2008, 10:30 PM
And when/how do we find out what the delegate counts are?