PDA

View Full Version : Online videos are great, but....

ksuguy
05-23-2007, 09:08 PM
All these online videos showcasing Ron Paul have been a great way to get the word out and they have really helped to bring attention to his candidacy.

However, I think we might be overlooking something. We need a better way to reach people without broadband internet access.

For example, I would like to show some of these to my parents. They typically vote for democrats, but I think Ron Paul is exactly the kind of candidate they would get behind. If I could show them some of these videos and let them know who Ron Paul is and what his record shows, I could probably even convince them to switch their registration just so they could vote for him in the primary.

However, they live in a small town and only have dial up internet access. It would take days to download all these Youtube clips on their connection. The same goes for a lot of other people in small towns. Then there is also the older population that isn't even online at all. My grandparents would fall into this category.

How do we reach out to these people? I was thinking of maybe burning a DVD of some of the clips and showing it to them that way. I think that could work.

What do you all think?

JosephTheLibertarian
05-23-2007, 09:28 PM
How about loading it on to a cd/dvd? Someone makes a compilation for a "recruitment video"?

winston84
05-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah that would work, there is another thread that addresses burning YouTube videos onto DVD http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=1091

Anne
05-24-2007, 12:53 AM
You could burn the videos onto DVD and then hold a "Ron Paul movie night" in your town and invite everyone you know for pizza and Ron Paul vids. :)