PDA

View Full Version : What I don't understand is this - Obama ads saying he'll end the war!

Lord Xar
02-02-2008, 03:47 PM
I see his ads and one particularly says "I'll end the war..."

NOW.

Is he outright lying? If so, why hasn't the CFR taken him down - YET, his wife is on the board of directors in their city.

BUT, hasn't he always supported the war? And supported "taking nothing off the table for Iran.."

His his ad, just blatant lying or ?

Valis33
02-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Being a liar is a pre-requisite for Senatorship

raystone
02-02-2008, 03:52 PM
he stated during one of his speeches, he'll bring troops home in 16 months after taking office

zach
02-02-2008, 03:55 PM
He also stated on the Democratic debate that he would bring the troops home immediately as opposed to McCain's 100 year comment.

dw1345
I'm pretty sure he's said before he'll end the war.

ItsTime
Lies = votes. He really does not care about the avg joe.

0zzy
02-02-2008, 03:58 PM
He has always said he'd end the war in Iraq.
And start one with Pakistan! :D

Lord Xar
02-02-2008, 03:59 PM
I seen speaches of his addressing APAIC (israeli lobby) that he would go into Iran and talking all tough. I also am under the impression he voted for continual of funding for the war.

I am just curious what the deal is. Personally, I think he is lying... -

jdmetz
02-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Obama voted against the war at the beginning. I'm not sure of his votes on continued funding, but he wants to withdraw the troops from Iraq soonish, though he won't make any guarantees. I think it was Hillary who said everything was on the table regarding Iran.

JohnnyWrath
02-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Obama voted against the war at the beginning. He wasn't even able to.....he wasn't in the Senate yet. He did give a very very good speech back then though....which turned out to be true, as did Dr Ron Paul....who was in congress and against it.

Democrats go with whatever is popular public opinion at any given time lately....Obama is better than Hillary who promises free everything to everyone...I guess the money will pop out of thin air and grow on trees, plus we will all crap rainbows, if we give power to Hillary.

KewlRonduderules
02-02-2008, 04:00 PM
The phrasing he uses- he will START bringing home troops and have MOST troops out 16 months into the presidency.

This does not mean all the troops will be out.

People do not pay attention to buzz words enough.

freedom-maniac
02-02-2008, 04:02 PM
More Obama lies:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/la_lovefest.html

Delain
02-02-2008, 04:03 PM
He's a liar.

He may state he'll bring some troops home, he has never said he will take the US outof Iraq. Then he says some bull about not being able te see into the future blablabla.

Those permanent bases will still be there under president Obama.

Cinderella
02-02-2008, 04:09 PM
yea he'll bring our troops home....then send them off to fight another bogus war for "our safety"....

hawks4ronpaul
02-02-2008, 04:12 PM
The phrasing he uses- he will START bringing home troops and have MOST troops out 16 months into the presidency.

Even if that is true, he could keep about 60,000 troops in Iraq permanently.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Cinderella
02-02-2008, 04:12 PM
i want to say i read somewhere obama voted for funding the war in 2006....i dont kno about 2007...but he was definately for it in 2006

TSOL
02-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Obama has no solution for ending the war in Iraq

All he is saying is "I will win the war on terror and we will win and end the war ..."

Uh, okay.

RP is hte only one who gets it; GET THE FUCK OUT NOW

JohnnyWrath
02-02-2008, 04:18 PM
i want to say i read somewhere obama voted for funding the war in 2006

Dems cave in to public opinion....at the time, the majority were against the war, but opinion polls at the time showed that the public didn't want funds cut off because the media was lying and saying the troops would have to fight in Yugos instead of tanks and throw rocks instead of having guns. Neocons and Bush were pushing the fact that if we cut off funds, the troops would be in danger....it was a lie, but the public believed it, so the dems knowing it was BS still went along.

Ron Paul was on TV at the time calling that BS, and saying we had billions still in the pipeline....why is Ron Paul theb ONLY one who actually knows what is going on in this country and the world??

pacelli
02-02-2008, 04:23 PM
I think it was Hillary who said everything was on the table regarding Iran.

Obama is in the same position:

Sen. Barack Obama said Friday the use of military force should not be taken off the table when dealing with Iran, which he called "a threat to all of us."

Obama was in friendly territory in Chicago as he appeared at a forum attended by 800 members of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, an influential pro-Israel lobby. He received a standing ovation from the crowd and a hug from one of the group's leaders.

Obama said global leaders must do whatever it takes to stop Iran from enriching uranium and acquiring nuclear weapons. He called Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "reckless, irresponsible and inattentive" to the day-to-day needs of the Iranian people.

The Iranian "regime is a threat to all of us," Obama said.

While Obama wouldn't rule out force, he said the United States should engage in "aggressive diplomacy combined with tough sanctions" to prevent Iran from becoming a nuclear threat.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/281249,CST-NWS-OBAMA03.article

integrity
02-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Obama WILL bring the troops home......In bodybags.

Delain
02-02-2008, 04:29 PM
"I am less safe, the American people are less safe for this. It's the policy that is wrong. Tactical movements and shifting troops around and taking in 30 more and reducing by five, totally irrelevant. We need a new foreign policy that said we ought to mind our own business, bring our troops home, defend this country, defend our borders…" - Ron Paul

raystone
02-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Obama's Jefferson Jackson speech transcript, Nov '07

"As President, I will end the war in Iraq. We will have our troops home in sixteen months. I will close Guantanamo. I will restore habeas corpus."

http://stateoftheunion.wordpress.com/2007/11/11/jefferson-jackson-day-dinner/

integrity
02-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Obama is AIPACS puppet

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=2894821400057137878&autoPlay=true

itshappening
02-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Obama talks a good game but when in office there will "complications" which mean the troops wont come home, or they will be some symbolic coming home and scaling down to pre-surge levels over a number of years

the sheep supporting him and buying into the hype are in for a let down should he ever get into office

nodope0695
02-02-2008, 04:33 PM
He did vote against the war. He and RP are the only candidates who did.

rodent
02-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Obama talks a good game but when in office there will "complications" which mean the troops wont come home, or they will be some symbolic coming home and scaling down to pre-surge levels over a number of years

the sheep supporting him and buying into the hype are in for a let down should he ever get into office

What will happen is that there will still be a base and still be tens of thousands of troops, but the US media will focus on the amount he pulls out and have the people think Obama delivered on his promise. The Americans will stay in Iraq for another 50 years or until the $ crashes.

DrCap
02-02-2008, 04:36 PM
you guys realize of course, this is an election, during which time most candidates will say whatever they feel will get them the votes. They will blatantly lie to you. Remember bush 1 states 'read my lips, no new taxes' which of course later was interpreted as 'know new taxes'
They will lie all the time, they just don't like getting caught in them, so a campaign promise means nothing really. That's part of the reason we like RP so much, especially us apathetic voters, because we feel we can actually believe what he says!

nodope0695

Don't forget they're building a bunch of PERMANENT bases in Iraq. Obama is establishment. He'd leave people there to man those bases. Paul would pull the plug and bring 'em all home. Go Ron!!!!

Mordan
Obama wants to stay 16 months in Iraq. Check his site. He is a lying SOB.

Ron Paul Fan
02-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Obama has been opposed to the war from the beginning, but he wasn't in the U.S. Senate at the time so he doesn't have a vote on the resolution. I believe that he did vote to fund the war up until a couple years ago where he has since voted to not fund it. I don't know if he's telling the truth or not. I hope he is because he's certainly the best candidate left on the Iraq war issue that has a realistic shot of winning. My guess is that neither Obama nor Hillary would withdrawal completely as they'll leave some troops there to protect that extravagant embassy we build there. And of course, McCain and Romney want to establish a permanent presence there and maybe expand into other countries.

amy31416
02-02-2008, 05:11 PM
He wasn't even able to.....he wasn't in the Senate yet. He did give a very very good speech back then though....which turned out to be true, as did Dr Ron Paul....who was in congress and against it.

Democrats go with whatever is popular public opinion at any given time lately....Obama is better than Hillary who promises free everything to everyone...I guess the money will pop out of thin air and grow on trees, plus we will all crap rainbows, if we give power to Hillary.

Actually, Obama is not better than Hillary economically. Obama's increase per annum in spending is 287 Billion, while Hillary's is 218 Billion.

As far as the war goes, Obama did not vote for the war, because he wasn't in the Senate. He has, however, voted to fund the war. Hillary voted both for the war and for funding the war. Neither one has taken Iran off the table, and I know that both of them have stated that they could not guarantee that our troops would be out of Iraq by 2013. Have they since changed their minds? I don't know, but that was enough for me to stop listening to a thing they had to say.

That's hardly anti-war, in my book. And these two, in my opinion, are far worse than even the worst Republican because not only will they continue this war, they'll speed up the economic collapse of our country without even a grade-schoolers understanding of basic monetary principles.

Here's the source on spending: http://www.ntu.org/main/page.php?PageID=141

I will not vote for anyone other than Paul, but even the lying slickster Romney, the '100 years' psychopath McCain and 'change the constitution to reflect the bible' Huckabee are better than those two.

DjLoTi
02-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Was that the ad that was 100% in spanish???

Richandler
02-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Yah the whole 16 months thing is just stupid. Why not 15 or 17 months. What is really the difference? Well after about 16 you can bet most people will have forgotten his promise.

VoteRonPaul2008
02-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Obama Did Not Vote Against The War In The Begining He Stated He Cannot Pledge To Have Troops Out Of Iraq By 2013

JK/SEA
02-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Well thats all fine and dandy Mr. Obama >said< he would bring the troops home now.

1. he didn't say how many?
2. bringing the troops home, and adhering to the Constitution, is quite another matter