PDA

View Full Version : Paul wins Bergen County NJ Straw Poll

Mark Rushmore
02-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Just a quick bit of cheer. Paul won the official Bergen County Republican Organization straw poll here in New Jersey. Bergen is the most populous county in the state. In honesty, we won't take Tuesday, and it's a winner-take-all state - but in terms of carrying the message into the Republican mainstream it's a huge victory.

My real reason for posting this is as an excuse to link the following article:

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/02/virginia-senator-pops-up-to-give-mccain-a-boost/

...because the last line is the most hilarious quote I've ever heard, and does the grassroots proud.

freedom-maniac
02-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Hah...they have no idea what's coming.

Great line...

KewlRonduderules
02-02-2008, 03:38 PM
This past week there were so many McCain signs in my area in New Jersey. Today, I got some signs from a generous donor in my local meet-up and placed them all over. Now we have more signs that any other candidate. It makes me feel good that I did this today. I could not stand seeing all those McCain signs all over- so i did something about it.

:)

Mark Rushmore
02-02-2008, 03:40 PM
This past week there were so many McCain signs in my area in New Jersey. Today, I got some signs from a generous donor in my local meet-up and placed them all over Yardville. Now we have more signs that any other candidate. It makes me feel good that I did this today. I could not stand seeing all those McCain signs all over- so i did something about it.

:)

You must be one of those cheaters who uses grassroots organization to counter money and the media... for shame! Back to your hole, upstart!

Cinderella
02-02-2008, 03:47 PM
I agree with the citizen who quoted in this piece:

Clara Nibot, 62, who supports Mr. Romney, said she felt Mr. Paul’s supporters poisoned that grass.

“This is a sabotage of the straw poll,” she huffed after the forum, “Because of Ron Paul’s organized, grassroots effort.”

How can this country be guided by wise corporations when ordinary citizens insist on inserting themselves into the political process uninvited? Grassroots! What in the world is this country coming to? Who are you going to trust, a bunch of ordinary citizens or the proven corporate leaders who have the experience to keep this great company strong?

— Posted by Debbie

^^^^baaaa baaaaa sheep^^^^

KewlRonduderules
02-02-2008, 03:56 PM
You must be one of those cheaters who uses grassroots organization to counter money and the media... for shame! Back to your hole, upstart!

:(

:D

ha ha!!!