PDA

View Full Version : Not the next money bomb... but it should be the LAST... and its free (sorta)...

dsarver88
02-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Hello all,

I was thinking about the whole "money bomb" concept recently. It works great to get money into the campaign and gathers lots of attention but it only addresses this election cycle.

How can we strike a blow for freedom - regardless if RP wins or not - to show our leaders and the "sheeple" that the current economic system is flawed?

Basically, a big black eye to the fiat giant...

Sticking with the bomb analogy, we don't want lots of destruction... we just want the flaws that we see to come to light and bring the machine to a screeching stop

Like a wrench in the works... like a sabot in the cogs...

And this got me thinking...

What we want long-term is not a money bomb but a money EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse)

An EMP is just a big surge of energy that causes electronics, machinery, etc. to stop working - everything grinds to a halt - but it leaves buildings and people safe and unharmed.

As the fiat machine stops or slows down, the effect would wake a lot of people up as well as loosen the control our current money system has on us.

As the average American adapts to a crippled system and becomes more independent to survive, they would realize that their dependence on government is not needed or desired. This would make "smaller government" candidates more mainstream and attractive to the typical voter.

So here is what I propose:

INAUGURATION DAY EMP

To show our support of Ron Paul and the principles of our Constitution, by Inauguration Day, we will pledge to have already removed an agressive amount of DEBT from our lives.

For example:

I pledge that by Inauguration Day, I will pay off my:
credit card debt ($X)
car debt ($Y)
student loans ($Z)
etc

As we all know, our system works using debt as the primary fuel to power the machinery. If we eliminate debt, we constrict the fiat system and help ourselves at the same time.

Imagine if every RP supporter were to change their lives to do this. We would all be better off for the inevitable economic crash and every dollar of debt we paid would eliminate 10-100 dollars of fiat money (and the stranglehold this money has on our country.)

Imagine a total board that said:

Total amount of pledged EMP debt: $50,000,000
Net EMP effect: $5,000,000,000

We would be, in effect, destroying the fiat money by each of us acting as responsible individuals. By being free to do what we think best for ourselves, we would free the country as well.

Now, I am not saying that doing this for each person would be the easiest or mathematically smart thing to do. A lot of experts say you shouldn't pay debt when you can earn more money elsewhere. Well, I don't agree with that.

I put a price on "peace of mind". Some investments are barely ahead of inflation and they are all subject to periodic loss. Once you pay a debt, it's permanent.

So, I admit it does go against alot of conventional wisdom.

But, hey, a revolution goes against conventional wisdom, too, doesn't it?

tom4ronpaul08
02-02-2008, 03:57 PM
kinda like fight club but with out blowing stuff up .... instead of blowing up the computers that keep track of the debt ... pay it all off .... great idea if you could get people to do it ... thats how i live my life debt free... i have no bills except internet and phone and auto insurance ... i save up to buy every thing

sidster
02-02-2008, 04:03 PM
the problem is people are in debt not by choice but because they
wanted things they couldn't afford.

Example, I want this new sports car, I can't afford to pay cash for
it but I really REALLY want it. So I go in debt to have it parked in
my driveway.

Rarely would you have a case where a person can afford something
they are going to buy and not pay cash for it. Simple logic, why pay
the interest if you don't have to.

Nobody with CC debt, mortgage, student loans, car loan, etc is going
to be able to pledge what you are proposing.

tom4ronpaul08
02-02-2008, 04:15 PM

my driveway.

to be able to pledge what you are proposing.you sir are very correct but some how some way people are going to have to come to the sad truth that if the want to be free they have to be free from... the bankers and their enslaving debt .... i wake up every day happy as hell that i dont owe anybody anything ... the only thing i have to worry about is coming up with enough money to pay my property taxes ...

we need to fight the revolution on more than one front ... in order to be free you have to be with out a lien

dsarver88
02-02-2008, 06:41 PM

my driveway.

to be able to pledge what you are proposing.

so are you saying that the typical RP supporter is like described above?

I don't think so... the typical RP supporter would probably not have THAT kind of debt and thinking about money - at least not anymore...

yes, we have some debt but even if we did think like above, each RP supporter is now awake and aware that action & thinking is self-destructive

this can work for RP supporters - I don't think we have to worry about the sheeple just yet...

and remember it's not ALL debt - just some debt

name a debt that you think you can pay off in that time period and pledge it

and really dig deep... if you think you can pay off a $5K debt then try to pay off $7K... make a sacrifice...