PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul vs John John McCain Ad

Bigvick
02-02-2008, 03:12 PM
This ad compares RP to McCaine....

It shows all those Anti-War/Immigration people who support John McCaine where he really stands compared to Ron Paul...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r234/Acroblaze/hncopy.jpg

I know I am bad at making ads but maybe someone could make a better quality ad then this and post it at all voting locations..:cool:

*Maybe mod could fix title lol...

acroso
02-02-2008, 03:27 PM
ok let's see it

Evazan
02-02-2008, 03:29 PM
The part about homeland security really, really, needs to be revised.

Edit: I read the rest of the ad. If you are a Ron Paul supporter I am very confused. If you are not, please leave.

brumans
02-02-2008, 03:31 PM
I don't think he's "self-described" tax-payers best friend, that title was given to him

brumans
02-02-2008, 03:32 PM
The part about homeland security really, really, needs to be revised.

Edit: I read the rest of the ad. If you are a Ron Paul supporter I am very confused. If you are not, please leave.

Why? Because he's not being biased?

Evazan
02-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Perhaps he just worded everything poorly, but if i were to read that without knowing either candidate McCain comes out on top. I would not hand that ad to anyone. I say this as a person who hates McCain and has canvassed hundreds of houses for Ron Paul.

Acidlump
02-02-2008, 03:35 PM
No offense but that is a terrible comparison.

Cinderella
02-02-2008, 03:40 PM
there should be a comparison of how they have voted in the past...mccain being a flip flopper and paul has been fighting for the same things for over 20 yrs

synthetic
02-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Good McCain ad.

He isn't for 100 year of war in Iraq, he just "supports the current administration".

He supports the patriot act because its a tool to keep Americans safe?

Every issue for McCain is spun like Fox News wrote it.

nate895
02-02-2008, 03:43 PM
This ad compares RP to McCaine....

It shows all those Anti-War/Immigration people who support John McCaine where he really stands compared to Ron Paul...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r234/Acroblaze/hncopy.jpg

I know I am bad at making ads but maybe someone could make a better quality ad then this and post it at all voting locations..:cool:

*Maybe mod could fix title lol...

I don't like it, it looks just as good for McCain as Paul.

therealjjj77
02-02-2008, 03:46 PM
The way you word things is very important. There's two ways you can say something:

Anti-establishment or pro-personal liberty

Anti-abortion or pro-life

anti-war or pro-peace

You always want the "pro" side of things.

Same thing goes with "supports" and "opposes". You want Ron Paul with "support" on everything and John McCain with "opposes" on everything.

For John McCain's side use:

"Opposes enforcing the law on illegal immigrants."

"Opposes 75% of Americans who want to end our occupation in the Middle East and want our troops home defending our OWN country."

"Opposes taking a nuclear strike off the table in dealings with Iran."

"Opposes removing un-Constitutional and un-American bills like the PATRIOT Act and ..."

"Opposes ending the IRS..."

"Opposes giving back parents control over education."

"Opposes freeing up the market to allow for energy solutions to be developed."

Then with Ron Paul do: "Supports..."

You get the point.

Revolutn
02-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Hmmm I'd have to think about the verbiage some, but in my opinion, the way you worded McCain's positions, makes them all sound like positives.

Like instead say:

Iraq:
Supports the 100 year long war campaign in the middle east.

Foreign Affairs:
Wants to expand the middle east occupation and nation building by preemptively invading Iran for developing nuclear electricity plants.

Homeland Security:
Supports extending the Patriot Act, warrant less searches of American citizens, wire tapping of all American's phone calls, suspension of Habeus corpus and the right of the government to declare a US citizen an enemy combatant that can be held without legal representation or a trial by jury, even tortured with 'enhanced interrogation techniques.'

Immigration:
Supports Amnesty for illegals by providing a way for illegals to become citizens even if they are already came here illegally.

Economy:
Supports a managed economy through manipulation of interest rates and modifications to the tax code for the purposes of social engineering peoples spending behavior.

Education:
Supports bureaucratic Federal agencies setting standards and policies that local school districts must follow to receive tax payer funding for public schools.

Energy:
Supports some alternative energy sources that have little or no reduction in Co2 emissions, such as E85.

jake
02-02-2008, 03:52 PM
example on how to write an advertisement like this properly:

Iraq:
Supports establishment of permanent bases in Iraq at great cost to the American taxpayer

Foreign Affairs:
In favor of military action in Iran despite Iran's full cooperation with the IAEA (International Atomic Energy Association)

Homeland Security: In favor of warrant less wiretaps of American citizens and abuse of Haebus Corpus in the name of security

Immigration: Voted for amnesty for illegal immigrants

Economy: Supports making permanent the Bush Tax cuts for high income earners - McCain admits to having little knowledge on how the economy operates

therealjjj77
02-02-2008, 03:54 PM
example on how to write an advertisement like this properly:

Iraq:
Supports establishment of permanent bases in Iraq at great cost to the American taxpayer

Foreign Affairs:
In favor of military action in Iran despite Iran's full cooperation with the IAEA (International Atomic Energy Association)

Homeland Security: In favor of warrant less wiretaps of American citizens and abuse of Haebus Corpus in the name of security

Immigration: Voted for amnesty for illegal immigrants

Economy: Supports making permanent the Bush Tax cuts for high income earners - McCain admits to having little knowledge on how the economy operates

Again, you don't want to use the word "supports" for him. That always starts the sentence off with a positive. If you want people to have negative feelings for him, then start all the sentences off in a negative. "Opposes..."

Revolutn
02-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Again, you don't want to use the word "supports" for him. That always starts the sentence off with a positive. If you want people to have negative feelings for him, then start all the sentences off in a negative. "Opposes..."

I agree in part, but take a gander at some of the 'he supports' I wrote, and tell me they inspire warm and fuzzy feelings towards johnny.

integrity
02-02-2008, 04:09 PM
need to include RPs consistent record and McAmnestys flip floppings