PDA

View Full Version : Please Read: Potential Slam-Dunk!!!

BuddyRey
02-02-2008, 03:09 PM
We all know that Ron is the only real "change" candidate running. Trouble is, the others (especially Obama) co-opt this message to give themselves credibility with young people. Ron will be onstage with the Democratic frontrunners tonight, neither of whom have ever directly addressed the issue of the Draft, or its euphemistic equivalent, "National Service." Herein lies a potential boon for Ron Paul.

Dr. Paul should take the opportunity to promise to the American people that he will never, under any circumstances, institute a military draft. THEN, he should ask each and every one of his colleagues onstage to take the same pledge.

Hillary and Obama won't do it. They'll skirt around the issues, while trying to emphasize how much they agree that the draft is a naughty, evil thing that no Democrat would ever think about using. But they will not PLEDGE.

intelliot
02-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Interesting point, but I wonder how many people would actually be swayed by that.

Crickett
02-02-2008, 03:28 PM
We all know that Ron is the only real "change" candidate running. Trouble is, the others (especially Obama) co-opt this message to give themselves credibility with young people. Ron will be onstage with the Democratic frontrunners tonight, neither of whom have ever directly addressed the issue of the Draft, or its euphemistic equivalent, "National Service." Herein lies a potential boon for Ron Paul.

Dr. Paul should take the opportunity to promise to the American people that he will never, under any circumstances, institute a military draft. THEN, he should ask each and every one of his colleagues onstage to take the same pledge.

Hillary and Obama won't do it. They'll skirt around the issues, while trying to emphasize how much they agree that the draft is a naughty, evil thing that no Democrat would ever think about using. But they will not PLEDGE.

Why not? They could just later say they changed their mind. Ethics mean NOTHING to these CFR globalists, and they are all members.

rachmiel
02-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Yes, he would pledge to that. RP believes in freedom. Forced military service is akin to slavery. He believes that if America were under attack, citizens would rise up to defend themselves.

TER
02-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I was just thinking the same thing a couple of hours ago.

Eponym_mi
02-02-2008, 03:31 PM
The draft may be needed in times of crisis.

I'm a vet....served seven years. If people are unwilling to serve, the cause is obviously not in their interest. I'd say the same even if the US were invaded. A draft is NEVER needed.

FreedomAndLaw
02-02-2008, 03:34 PM
I expect this to be the worst debate yet with MTV hosting it. I'll be surprised if he gets questions outside the topic of Gay Marriage and newsletters.

freedom-maniac
02-02-2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah, MTV made Bill Clinton look cool playing his sax, and got him elected. I blame them for NAFTA.

itshappening
02-02-2008, 03:38 PM
it's going to be via satellite not on stage afaik