PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! These Dishonest People Will Select Our Delegates!!! HELP!!!

IPSecure
02-02-2008, 02:39 PM
:eek: Help!!! These Dishonest People Will Select Our Delegates!!! HELP!!! :eek:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG6X-xtVask

Bubba
02-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Nobody cares. 155 view yet not one single reply here yet.

There is no hope as long as this goes unchecked and Diebold still runs free.

The US people deserve the government they get and the world will continue to hate them because of it.

brandon
02-17-2008, 02:35 PM
that is terrible.

Bubba
02-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Terrible, Yes.

Irreversible, No.

kirkblitz
02-17-2008, 02:51 PM
thats funny yet sad at the same time. i think if someone voted on my machine right infront of me before i could vote i would smack the heck out of them

English Mastiff
02-17-2008, 03:50 PM
You should organize down there in TX, start w/ a meetup, maybe you can get a group together and write up a formal complaint? I'm up here in CT, can't help you.

Bubba
02-17-2008, 04:35 PM
That's right. This is only a TX problem. Certainly would never happen anyfreakingwhere else, especially CT. This is sickening. Sheeple to the slaughter.

kirkblitz
02-17-2008, 04:43 PM
they do that here in south carolina also if im not mistaken.

gotcats
02-17-2008, 08:29 PM
This really pi__es me off! Typical hypocrisy. Here's what the "Rules and Precedents of Texas House" says and what the members wrote into it themselves:

Section 46. Locking Voting Machines of Absent Members —
During each calendar day in which the house is in session, it shall be the duty of
the voting clerk to lock the voting machine of each member who is excused or
who is otherwise known to be absent. Each such machine shall remain locked
until the member in person contacts the journal clerk and personally requests the
unlocking of the machine. Unless otherwise directed by the speaker, the voting
clerk shall not unlock any machine except at the personal request of the member
to whom the machine is assigned. Any violation, or any attempt by a member
or employee to circumvent the letter or spirit of this section, shall be reported
immediately to the speaker for such disciplinary action by the speaker, or by the
house, as may be warranted under the circumstances.
Section 47. Voting for Another Member — Any member found guilty
by the house of knowingly voting for another member on the voting machine
shall be subject to discipline deemed appropriate by the house.

And the Speaker of the House is responsible for enforcing the rules.Good job Tim Craddick

thekeeper
02-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Seems that some of us Texans need to write some letters.

Strike-Fighter
02-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Seems that some of us Texans need to write some letters.

Aren't you going to have to write really small to fit a letter onto a bullet :confused:

gotcats
02-18-2008, 07:09 AM
I am going to see Ron Paul today in Denton, Yippee! but will draft a letter to Tim Craddick, Speaker of the House and post it for critiquing and will ask for signatures or for everyone interested to make a copy and send it in. I'm not that great with this sort of letter writing so any suggestions will be appreciated.
Check here tomorrow.

gotcats
02-18-2008, 07:11 AM
Toshay Strike Fighter!

Couldn't find that word in the dictionary , must be French.lol

Crickett
02-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Yes. Texans need to get on top of this immediately and make it public. Everyone else needs someone to go when their congress is in session and see if this is going on and then do the same. This should not be too difficult as there are meetup groups in all the state capitals. I believe that this should be another priority for meetups. Someone should try to make sure they all know about this.

IPSecure
02-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Nobody cares. 155 view yet not one single reply here yet.

There is no hope as long as this goes unchecked and Diebold still runs free.

The US people deserve the government they get and the world will continue to hate them because of it.

How correct you are Sir!

hyoomen
02-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Subscribed to thread. Please post draft of letter and further information regarding plans to act and I'll follow up later.

nc4rp
02-22-2008, 01:24 PM
thats the amerikan way!!! CHEATING STEALING LYING !!! its as american as apple pie.

Cleaner44
02-22-2008, 01:57 PM
I remember seeing that report a long time ago. Has anything changed?

IPSecure
05-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but these people will be trying to run the convention, yes?

Bern
05-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Interesting comment on the YouTube page (the video is a year old, this comment is one week old):
Tucker, much is being done. Be patient. What you observe here are violations of Texas Penal Codes 37.11 and 37.10; Tampering with Governmental Record and Impersonating Public Servant. Both are felony offenses upon conviction according to our law. Yesterday a Travis County Texas Grand Jury was provided evidence regarding this matter. Unless interfered with in some manner, they will determine if these are indictable acts according to law. Stay tuned. Keep faith. Justice SHALL be obtained.

IPSecure
05-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Can we get this video to be shown at the Convention?

walter
05-13-2008, 09:29 PM
I'd rather have their wooden voting machines than Diebold! Those look like they have no cumputer, just electronic tally!

Bern
05-14-2008, 08:16 AM
From another forum I frequent:
99.9% of votes in the House are 149-0 (The Speaker rarely votes).

The members know when a contested vote is coming up and they either are there to vote or have left instructions on how to vote.

If a Rep doesn't want anyone voting for them, they each have a key they can use to lock their voting machine.

This is the stupidest non-issue.

~~~~~ next post ~~~~~~~~

... The Members vote for one another with consent from their colleagues. He is also correct that if Members did not want others voting for them, they can simply remove their key.

Also, Any Member can call for "Strict Enforcement" which means that the House Sergeants will not allow any other Member to vote for another.

If a vote is cast opposite of a Member's wishes, they also have the ability to record the opposition in the House Journal, therefore facilitating complete transparency for the public.

On every close vote, especially contentious ones, "verification" is called and the "ghost vote" is corrected by either "striking their name" or verifying the actual vote.

What is the sinister act occurring in your mind? The Member will have to answer for their vote in some way so I don't understand the outcry. Oh, and I hate Debbie Riddle.

~~~~~ later post ~~~~~~~~

It sure seemed like Reps were voting their own conscience on their collegues behalf(ves).

So, does this practice free up time for the golf courses and junkets?
1.) I certainly see that the news report tried to show that (, but believe it or not, there is integrity between the Members on the Floor. Even the most ruthless Members will not vote opposite their colleague's wishes because they know they may be in the same scenario at a later date and would not want that happening to them. The whole "turn about is fair play" thing. In addition, as stated earlier, it's easy to "change" your vote in the House Journal and on a contentious vote, the so-called "ghost voting" disappears because colleagues don't want to make a mistake on behalf of another. On these votes, consent was definitely given by a Member. The House Floor is a relatively small space and you really can't get away with shenanigans. If one tries, they are branded by the pack and their bargaining capital is zero. This is not a good place to be if they need to accomplish something, however minor, for their District.

2.) There are those Members who do use this to free up their time for "other stuff", but when close votes occur, they are always busted due to the rules already in place.

Don't get me wrong, I think all citizens deserve integrity from their Legislators and "ghost voting" certainly questions that integrity to some degree. Minor rule changes should be considered to make the process "cleaner", but overall, the process in place is pretty good.

evilfunnystuff
05-14-2008, 04:25 PM
wow

IPSecure
05-14-2008, 11:10 PM
By the way, this was the vote to inject a live cancer virus into the school girls...

Integrity? Are you kidding me?