PDA

View Full Version : York County

thompsonisland
02-02-2008, 02:28 PM
We just returned from our caucus in York County. What a process! Man, I am so burned out. In my town, Romney 27, Paul 11, McCain 7, Huckabee 1. I don't know how many delegates we got, but definitely some. There are still open slots from Sanford, so we need to fill those slots with Ron Paulitans!

Two other points, that I may start different threads on:
- The cost to be a delegate to the state is 25/per; I know that there have been some comments about help in covering those costs. The cost to attend the national convention is 1500! We need raise money for the RP delegates from Maine! Once the caucuses are done, and we get organized about who the RP delegates are and who wants to go the national, I think we need to help raise this money for folks.

-Augusta is a bit of a haul for many mainers, myself included. Hotels will not be cheap around the time of the convention. Please send me a private message if you live within an hour of Augusta and are willing to host delegates, or organize through meetups! (My husband and I, and our adorable, charming, laid-back toddler:) need a place to stay, and I am sure that others will too). This campaign has so many young folks who do not have the easy resources of the Romney-McCain crowd, and money should not be an issue for those that want to represent Ron Paul at the national convention!

Thanks!

bucfish
02-02-2008, 02:30 PM
bump

freedom-maniac
02-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Bump.

The One
02-02-2008, 03:04 PM
bizump

gb13
02-02-2008, 03:48 PM
bump

thompsonisland
02-02-2008, 04:43 PM
bump

luvfreedom
02-02-2008, 04:57 PM
- The cost to be a delegate to the state is 25/per; I know that there have been some comments about help in covering those costs. The cost to attend the national convention is 1500! We need raise money for the RP delegates from Maine! Once the caucuses are done, and we get organized about who the RP delegates are and who wants to go the national, I think we need to help raise this money for folks.

That is just criminal!:mad:

Thanks for the info! I am sure we can start a chip'in.:)

Valis33
02-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Trust me, when the time comes, the money will be there

freedom-maniac
02-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Trust me, when the time comes, the money will be there

Unless we're all broke.

thompsonisland
02-02-2008, 08:20 PM
We can't go broke. First, we have to fund this campaign. Then, there is RP's congressional campaign. Then, Murray Sabrin's campaign. Then, my steak dinner in Augusta. After all of that, we have to put together a documentary on this whole campaign, then fund the Peace 'n' Freedom fries party movement.