PDA

View Full Version : Don't Forget: "2nd Tier" losers are probably dead broke by now

jj111
08-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Don't Forget: "2nd Tier" losers are probably dead broke by now

They will start dropping like flies within weeks I think.

spacebetween
08-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Don't Forget: "2nd Tier" losers are probably dead broke by now

They will start dropping like flies within weeks I think.

hahaha You're so right.

Imagine all the money they're wasting right now in Iowa.

First to drop: Tommy Thompson (thank Jesus)

ghemminger
08-06-2007, 11:17 PM
How much money does everyone have? I keep looking ...never find it..

Chester Copperpot
08-06-2007, 11:18 PM
hahaha You're so right.

Imagine all the money they're wasting right now in Iowa.

First to drop: Tommy Thompson (thank Jesus)

heh, yeah but his brother Ed is going to run as a libertarian or some shit

Eli
08-06-2007, 11:26 PM
whats the link again for the campaign financing numbers from last quarter?
I can't find it

Edit: found it: http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/index.asp

njandrewg
08-06-2007, 11:27 PM
*Mike Huckabee $437,000 at end of Q2
*Sam Brownback $460,000 at end of Q2
*Tom Tancredo $600,000 at end of Q2
*Tommy Thompson $121,000 at end of Q2
*Duncan Hunter $212,000 at end of Q2

JosephTheLibertarian
08-06-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm so tired of Tommy Thompson

check out a video of him getting pwned lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDQncuFtBr8 an audience member defeats his foreign policy views

summary: Tommy believes in dividing Iraq into three nations :rolleyes:

Eli
08-06-2007, 11:32 PM
those are remarkably low numbers. If they do piss poor in iowa we may see a big fall out of everyone below ron paul. That would be fantastic. If we can get mccain gone. that would be even better.

Thom1776
08-06-2007, 11:32 PM
The REAL Numbers: According to the FEC

The following is based on the candidates’ FEC filings.

http://query.nictusa.com/pres/2007/Q2/

At this point, Giuliani is, by far, the undisputed leader in the “Money Primary”, with $18,326,220.29 on hand with no debts.

Romney is second, with $12,121,553.85 on hand. But wait a minute! He has $8,945,028.22 in debts, giving him a NET total of only $3,176,525.63. Worse, yet, at this point he is actually funding his campaign out of his own pocket; to the tune of $8,850,000 he has “loaned” himself. The big question is: How much more money is he willing to “borrow” from himself? He may be better suited for the role of Chairman of The Federal Reserve, since he likes to use smoke and mirrors to create the illusion of having plenty of money!

In third? You guessed it! The good Dr. Paul! $2,354,855.32 and debt-free!

Next we have the “drunken sailor”, Senator McCain. $3,224,427.60 on hand plus $126,105.50 in “Debts and Obligations Owed TO the Committee”. Right, like he’ll ever see any of THAT money! Subtracting his debts leaves a net total of $1,567,009.86, just enough for one more binge with his drinking buddies.

From here, we go to the five other candidates still in the running.

Tancredo: $598,451.05 on hand, $15,000 debt, $583,451.05 net.

Brownback: $460,236.39 on hand, no debt.

Huckabee: $437,169.08 on hand, $31,044.88 debt, $406,124.20 net.

Hunter: $212,926.89 on hand, no debt.

Tommy Thompson reported $121,647.67 on hand with $127,434.40 of debt which puts him in the hole $5,786.73. Since he loaned himself $100,000, he is basically funding his campaign on his own and I just don’t see him continuing much longer.

Ron Paul has more cash than Tancredo, Brownback, Huckabee, Hunter and T. Thompson combined: $2,354,855.32 to $1,830,431.08.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-06-2007, 11:34 PM
What does "debt" imply? Financial obligation? Money spent?

Chester Copperpot
08-06-2007, 11:35 PM
What does "debt" imply? Financial obligation? Money spent?

you got it.. either a loan to be repaid our an outstandinf bill

nexalacer
08-06-2007, 11:35 PM
I don't mean to hijack the the thread, but a division of Iraq wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. The Kurds SHOULD have their own nation and if the remaining Shiites and Sunnis want to stop fighting and decide that splitting the remainder is in their best interests, let them. HOWEVER, we should not have anything to do with that process as westerners trying to draw national borders led to a lot of our current conflicts anyhow.

Back to the topic, yeah, I can't wait to see Hunter and Thompson out. I don't think Huckabee will quit, but Brownback and Tancredo are probably on the way out soon, as well. Next week will be fantastic for the campaign! Can you imagine a debate with Dr. Paul getting even half of the time these nitwits currently take! It'll be fantastic!

JosephTheLibertarian
08-06-2007, 11:38 PM
I don't mean to hijack the the thread, but a division of Iraq wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. The Kurds SHOULD have their own nation and if the remaining Shiites and Sunnis want to stop fighting and decide that splitting the remainder is in their best interests, let them. HOWEVER, we should not have anything to do with that process as westerners trying to draw national borders led to a lot of our current conflicts anyhow.

It is not for us to decide.

I hope Dr. Paul tops last quarter and hits double digits! hmmm is he earning bank interest?? :D

retrorepublican
08-06-2007, 11:44 PM
It is not for us to decide.

I hope Dr. Paul tops last quarter and hits double digits! hmmm is he earning bank interest?? :D

yep, noninterventionism.. let them sort it out

billv
08-06-2007, 11:48 PM
So Tommy Thompson has a couple of hundred thousand dollars, yet the Iowa GOP leaders expect him to come in above Ron Paul?

I hate the Republican Party. I'm glad I left but I'm back to vote for our man, then I'm out again unless RP is the candidate.

Akus
08-07-2007, 12:18 AM

We will be to credit if he does,
We will be to blame if he doesn't.
It's all about us. We can give him $2300 each. Not right away, may be, but, overtime, in installments, we can make him double digit rich.

DeadheadForPaul
08-07-2007, 12:22 AM
I expect to see at least 1 person drop after the Straw Poll. Possibly 2 or 3. As a midwesterner, if Brownback does not do well in Iowa, he's done

DeadheadForPaul
08-07-2007, 12:25 AM
So Tommy Thompson has a couple of hundred thousand dollars, yet the Iowa GOP leaders expect him to come in above Ron Paul?

I hate the Republican Party. I'm glad I left but I'm back to vote for our man, then I'm out again unless RP is the candidate.

1.) Tommy Thompson's positions are a joke and he speaks like a robot
2.) I likewise despise the New GOP. Hence why I decided to join the GOP after a 5 year hiatus. Like Dr. Paul, I want to transform the party from the inside

Bro.Butch
08-07-2007, 12:50 AM
those are remarkably low numbers. If they do piss poor in iowa we may see a big fall out of everyone below ron paul. That would be fantastic. If we can get mccain gone. that would be even better.

I think most of you aren't putting much thought into primary presidential politics. I keep seeing a lot of people (not just you Eli) wanting all these candidates to drop out. Well Dr. Paul needs all of them to stay in through tsunami tuesday.

THEY SPLIT the WARMONGER vote !!! That's the only hope RP has of winning this race. Delegates is how you WIN this game and in most cases you have to finish FIRST in a state to get most or ALL the delegates in that state. That means Ron could win with 34% of the vote if the other 66 % is split up between the other 8-9 candidates and the highest vote getter has 33% or less.

If all drop out but Ghouliani, Romney, Thompson and RP, the chances of RP finishing first is MUCH lower. Frankly he will never win the nomination if it gets down to 3 or 4 candidates. The core of the Republican Party are behind this war and oppose RP. If their candidate drops out they go to someone for the war not RP (probably the poll leader)! In fact they could join together behind one candidate specificly to stop RP. With the pro war voters spread among 8-9 guys there will be no move to stop RP. (Other than what we already see) So instead of hoping they all drop out you really need to hope for them to stay in the race.

Some states give one delegates if you receive 20% of the vote in a congressional district. You get 2 delegates if you win the district. We can get that 20 % out of anti-war republicans and independents, perhaps and if enough warmongers are spliting the war votes we might can win the districts. It's all about rules and stategy and most important being #1 vote getter (if that's 34%)in primary politics ! PEACE...

ThePieSwindler
08-07-2007, 01:02 AM
I think most of you aren't putting much thought into primary presidential politics. I keep seeing a lot of people (not just you Eli) wanting all these candidates to drop out. Well Dr. Paul needs all of them to stay in through tsunami tuesday.

THEY SPLIT the WARMONGER vote !!! That's the only hope RP has of winning this race. Delegates is how you WIN this game and in most cases you have to finish FIRST in a state to get most or ALL the delegates in that state. That means Ron could win with 34% of the vote if the other 66 % is split up between the other 8-9 candidates and the highest vote getter has 33% or less.

If all drop out but Ghouliani, Romney, Thompson and RP, the chances of RP finishing first is MUCH lower. Frankly he will never win the nomination if it gets down to 3 or 4 candidates. The core of the Republican Party are behind this war and oppose RP. If their candidate drops out they go to someone for the war not RP (probably the poll leader)! In fact they could join together behind one candidate specificly to stop RP. With the pro war voters spread among 8-9 guys there will be no move to stop RP. (Other than what we already see) So instead of hoping they all drop out you really need to hope for them to stay in the race.

Some states give one delegates if you receive 20% of the vote in a congressional district. You get 2 delegates if you win the district. We can get that 20 % out of anti-war republicans and independents, perhaps and if enough warmongers are spliting the war votes we might can win the districts. It's all about rules and stategy and most important being #1 vote getter (if that's 34%)in primary politics ! PEACE...

Yes but lets remember, the more candidates, the less time for Ron Paul in the debates. At the very least, get rid of the waste candidates like Hunter and Thompson, as they will not take much if at all of the vote from the other warmongers, but will take plenty of time from Ron in the debates. I actually don't mind Brownback and Huckabee sticking around, as they split the war vote, and are decent fellows (even though i disagree with many of their stances). Don't get rid of ALL the 2nd tiers, but get rid of the lowest 2, because it means more time in the debates for Ron Paul to speak, but it also means very little in terms of impact on the primary votes.

Dustancostine
08-07-2007, 01:11 AM
I would like to see Hunter, Huckabee, Tancredo and McCain drop because I think we can pick up their voters. People that are gun-ho for this war want Romney and Mitt. While the four I mentioned support the war, that is not their issue and a lot of Republicans support the war only because it is the party position. Also just like a lot of RP supporters don't agree 100% with everything, same is true of other candidates, I'm sure they have some supporters that are not for the war or their heart is not in it. That is what I really think about the majority of Rep. voters. Their heart is not in it for the war, but they want to be loyal to the party line.

Eli
08-07-2007, 01:14 AM
I think eitherway we win. If many drop out thats more exposure for ron paul, which will translate into exponential support growth. If not than the vote gets split. We win no matter what. It'd be nice to have the best of both worlds. Which would pend a big media break in. Like we would have to get him on some major tv show that caters to a lot of pollers such as the late night show with jay leno movement or good morning america or regis and kelly. If we banned together and got him some major exposure on a show that would bump his polls that along with the vote split would be enough to propel a win in the primary.

njandrewg
08-07-2007, 01:15 AM
those 2nd tier candidates will only get 1% of pro-war vote...99% will be split between the Thompson, McCain, Rudy, Romney

ThePieSwindler
08-07-2007, 01:36 AM
I would like to see Hunter, Huckabee, Tancredo and McCain drop because I think we can pick up their voters. People that are gun-ho for this war want Romney and Mitt. While the four I mentioned support the war, that is not their issue and a lot of Republicans support the war only because it is the party position. Also just like a lot of RP supporters don't agree 100% with everything, same is true of other candidates, I'm sure they have some supporters that are not for the war or their heart is not in it. That is what I really think about the majority of Rep. voters. Their heart is not in it for the war, but they want to be loyal to the party line.

What? Duncan hunter and McCain are two of THE most adamant proponents of this war - Hunter for personal interest (he is in league with alot of defense contractors), and McCain because he is crazy. Huckabee and Tancredo? slightly more likely, but not really. And Mitt and Romney is the same person :-P

ghemminger
08-07-2007, 01:40 AM
They (2nd Tier) need to all get the hell out!...Maybe less heads to watch ...Dr. NO can Break out...this crwded field sucks

V-rod
08-07-2007, 01:43 AM
If your against Tommy Thompson, your pro cancer!!

ghemminger
08-07-2007, 01:45 AM
If your against Tommy Thompson, your pro cancer!!

yeah Thommy Thomsons sucks ...sucks very badly:)