PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why way say Obama supporters are not smart on politics

Jeremy
02-02-2008, 02:12 PM
This came up... why do we call them dumber? Perhaps they actually agree with him?

Sure, maybe some... but this is why we say this:

- The Obama supporters WE know support him because... he's not white... he's young... he's a "good speaker".
- The Obama supporters we know don't have any REAL reasons.
- The Obama supporters we know are democrats because they don't like George Bush.
- The Obama supporters we know think change for the country means when the president is either black or a women (and as far from George Bush as possible).
- The Obama supporters we know actually know the issues Obama talks about LESS than we do!

I know one "democrat" who told me republican means they want government. He also called me a republican as an insult somehow... I knew this person before politics. He has problems. Guys... people are just not smart. And young people are in this list a lot!

lly4now
02-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Sadly, every Obama supporter I know falls into 1 or more of those categories. It's understandable that your friend had the impression that Republicans have the negative association of wanting more government, since the neocons have been running the GOP show for more than a decade (maybe more?). We're fighting a huge battle against ignorance here!

icon124
02-02-2008, 02:28 PM
The Obama supporters I know that want to vote for him:

1. CHANGE: not in issues but in appearance...that is all
2. Most don't know Obama's history at all...i know more about Obama then they do.

That's why I get pissed at Obama supporters

Oh yeah, they also don't want Hilary or a Republican in office

Mystile
02-02-2008, 02:31 PM
The Obama supporters I know that want to vote for him:

1. CHANGE: not in issues but in appearance...that is all
2. Most don't know Obama's history at all...i know more about Obama then they do.

That's why I get pissed at Obama supporters

Oh yeah, they also don't want Hilary or a Republican in office

Well, since Obama supporters make up about half of all democrats, we can rest assured that Hillary will never ever be president, even if she wins the nomination.

BarryDonegan
02-02-2008, 02:32 PM
we need to get the word out to poor, lower income people that the health care situation is going to leave them totally screwed. mandatory insurance even when you can't afford it, or mandatory insurance for your children is socialized medicine you can't afford. how are they going to enforce that, threat of arrest? fines?

then forcing you to take things like HIV tests or have new barely tested vaccines is just down the road. this could also lead to mandatory psychiatric treatment, including medicines.(drugs) since you not taking the medication they suggest "raises prices" of treatment, they could have grounds to force you to and get popular support also.

the rest of the people, when they hear you disagree, think, your going to turn down free medical treatment? your crazy! not realizing that sometimes gross negligence or just a medical treatment that may work on others but not on you is a bad thing.

this is a really dangerous road to take our nations poor down.

Jeremy
02-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Well, since Obama supporters make up about half of all democrats, we can rest assured that Hillary will never ever be president, even if she wins the nomination.

Not true

For example, Obama could even be VP

Or Obama could throw his support to her at least... which he obviously would... to make sure Republicans don't win

No1ButPaul08
02-02-2008, 02:34 PM

You can say the same thing about McCain. If the general election is Hillary vs McNameDropper one of them has to win right....or do they?

Arkris
02-02-2008, 03:11 PM
This came up... why do we call them dumber? Perhaps they actually agree with him?

Sure, maybe some... but this is why we say this:

- The Obama supporters WE know support him because... he's not white... he's young... he's a "good speaker".
- The Obama supporters we know don't have any REAL reasons.
- The Obama supporters we know are democrats because they don't like George Bush.
- The Obama supporters we know think change for the country means when the president is either black or a women (and as far from George Bush as possible).
- The Obama supporters we know actually know the issues Obama talks about LESS than we do!

I know one "democrat" who told me republican means they want government. He also called me a republican as an insult somehow... I knew this person before politics. He has problems. Guys... people are just not smart. And young people are in this list a lot!

+1

Although I have to admit that if Ron Paul isn't in the White House next year, my second preference is Obama.

Don't get me wrong, I'd never vote for anyone other that Paul in this election, even if I have to write him in. In fact, I don't think his presidency would be any different from any of the other Democrats and Republican candidates. I'd just prefer him because he's black, and it would show the world that America isn't made up of a bunch of racist white people.

On NPR radio, they did interviews with some people in the middle east who were raised to think that Americans are all racist, biggoted, rich white people, and when they saw a black candidate getting so much support in an election, they were confused. If they're racist bigots, why are they voting for a black man named Barack Obama? Are the things our muslim leaders telling us wrong? This seed of doubt planted in the supporters of our enemies would be a monkey wrench in their radical theological propaganda. Thats the only reason I'd prefer him in the White House over the Republicrats and Demolicans.