PDA

View Full Version : Last minute vote idea

nate895
02-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Go to churches to try to get votes. Ask the pastor if you can set up a booth, and set one up in the largest churches in the area, and then go for the next smallest. If you do this, make sure to dress appropriately, and talk to the more interested voters. Try to do the same thing as would canvassing, except this time let them come to you.

Paulitical Correctness
02-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Separation of church and state.

wstrucke
02-02-2008, 02:11 PM

that doesn't mean you can't talk to people at church about politics. the point is to not use the state try to influence religions. it will always happen the other way around since religion is very personal to people and churches are private organizations.

nate895
02-02-2008, 02:51 PM
bump, you can get a few hundred votes in you area if you do it right.

So, people who go to church can't vote? That sounds very discriminatory to me. Plus, if that's the case, my family has been voting illegally for centuries now.

nate895
02-02-2008, 03:16 PM
bump

nate895
02-02-2008, 03:44 PM
bump...

Monotaur
02-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Go to churches to try to get votes. Ask the pastor if you can set up a booth, and set one up in the largest churches in the area, and then go for the next smallest. If you do this, make sure to dress appropriately, and talk to the more interested voters. Try to do the same thing as would canvassing, except this time let them come to you.

Legally, I don't think that the pastor can 'endorse' or give preference to candidates (correct me if I'm wrong).

But (and I do not endorse this), I have heard of people lit dropping the pro-life slim jims on people wind shield's during church, since they have a targeted audience in one concentrated place.

JustBcuz
02-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Legally, I don't think that the pastor can 'endorse' or give preference to candidates (correct me if I'm wrong).

But (and I do not endorse this), I have heard of people lit dropping the pro-life slim jims on people wind shield's during church, since they have a targeted audience in one concentrated place.

The church could lose it's tax exempt status should it's leadership endorse a particular candidate.

nate895
02-02-2008, 04:25 PM
It's not an endorsement, it's just allowing us to set up a booth, as long as they'd allow another candidate to do the same, it's fine.

nate895
02-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Seriously People.

ionlyknowy
02-02-2008, 06:34 PM
bump