PDA

View Full Version : How big are the crowds?

Joe Knows
08-06-2007, 08:50 PM
We all know what kind of numbers Ron pulls in at his events. What about the other candidates in Iowa and beyond. Does anyone know what kind of numbers they pull in? I have not heard anything reported, so this leads me to believe that it is not very many.

Does anyone know?

Sean
08-06-2007, 08:56 PM
his last event it was report 600 people in Fairfield.

UtahApocalypse
08-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Obama had about 150 supporters here in Utah this weekend. That was the largest number for a candidate so far. I can't wait to see if RP will come.... we will bring LARGE numbers :)

LibertyEagle
08-06-2007, 08:59 PM
I saw a C-SPAN broadcast when Obama was in Iowa campaigning. There were quite a few people there.

Joe Knows
08-06-2007, 09:32 PM
We all know what kind of numbers Ron pulls in at his events. What about the other candidates in Iowa and beyond. Does anyone know what kind of numbers they pull in? I have not heard anything reported, so this leads me to believe that it is not very many.

Does anyone know?

I meant does anyone know the size of the Republican crowds? How many people is Tancredo getting? How many people is Brownback getting? How many people are coming to a Romney event? I think that this will tell us a little bit about how the results will come out.

tiznow
08-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Dems will win in a landslide if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination. Almost zilch as far as grassroots support on the republican side other than ron paul obviously that i've seen in iowa.

ARealConservative
08-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Three of us from our meetup went to a Brownback event In Davenport, Iowa to hand out info. The entire audience size was 12 - 3 of us, 2 that worked at the facility, and 7 to see Brownback. It was our worst meetup event ever so we don't bother the real 2nd tier guys anymore.

Dave
08-06-2007, 09:46 PM
I haven't been to anyone else's events but from newspaper accounts it seems like T. Thompson, Brownback, Huckabee, and Tancredo are often seen speaking to 15-30 people. It's more, of course, if they're a guest at some other event or meeting but when it's strictly an event to see them the attendance is small. It seems like Romney has larger audiences but I can't say for sure.

Ron Paul having over 100 supporters in the streets at the debate while Romney and Giuliani had 10-15 is big. Some of these were from out of state, of course.

RP drawing 600 in Fairfield (I was there and think that's accurate) is just amazing. I guarantee that any other candidate coming to Fairfield would be blown away if they got 1/3 of that. There are a lot of committed and well-organized RP fans in Fairfield and I'm sure that's why the event was held there but it's still amazing. They had live music and it was a real festive atmosphere.

MozoVote
08-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Despite the complaining on here about his debate performance, Paul does well speaking at length. I would think he can come across as an approachable person to Iowans with his mild Texas drawl. I'm sure Romney and Giuliani come across as more "alien" to them.

Badger Paul
08-06-2007, 10:24 PM
I thought RP mad a very good speech, one of his best of the camapaign. Even better than the DesMoines one he gave back in June.

ghemminger
08-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Despite the complaining on here about his debate performance, Paul does well speaking at length. I would think he can come across as an approachable person to Iowans with his mild Texas drawl. I'm sure Romney and Giuliani come across as more "alien" to them.

Yup this is his element...Too bad he can't skip the Debates altogether....Why isn't the MSM covering these large meetings?:)

disinter
08-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Here some info on crowd sizes for other candidates:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/014488.html

tiznow
08-06-2007, 10:29 PM
I agree about his speech in fairfield I was there and thought the exact same thing it was the best to date of what i've seen of him

LibertyEagle
08-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Where the hell is C-SPAN? They're not covering Dr. Paul hardly at all.

jj111
08-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Where the hell is C-SPAN? They're not covering Dr. Paul hardly at all.

Is it possible the people running C-SPAN don't like the idea of small government?

michaelwise
08-06-2007, 11:31 PM
What struck me the most about his speech was when he touched on testing children's psychological behavior, and prescribing them psychotropic drugs. I believe our children are way over medicated and sedated already. Children are drugged for the adults benefit, not the child's.