PDA

View Full Version : Waldo County Caucus Results

bkreigh
02-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Well i just got back from our Caucus. Overall it went well. Romney was out in force there. I was actually surprised at the tallies. It looked like a lot more Romeny supporters. Any here is how it went.

Keep in mind Frankfort (Also Waldo County) was yesterday and the tally there was

Ron Paul 8
Romney 1
Undecided 2

As for today the rest of Waldo County voted (straw poll) today's only is the first number. The number to the right is with Frankfort included. These are pretty close to official.

Romney 67 -> 68 = 39.8%
Paul 48 -> 56 = 32.7%
MCain 21 ->21 = 12.3%
Huckabee 14 -> 14 = 8.2%
Undecided 10 -> 12 = 7%

I voted in Belfast which had the most turnout with 37 people. Me and another guy (McCain supporter) counted with a Romney representative looking and 3 other people looking as well. I kinda just forced myself into that position. I also wrote the numbers down on the tally sheet. (13 Romney, 9 RP, 8 McCain, 4 Huck, 3 undecided) We had a total of 13 delegates for our town. We got 6 of those delegates and 2 Alternates. I talked with an older lady and she is a delegate for Romeny. She said she would have voted for Paul if she thought he could get elected. We talked for about 7 minutes. Hopefully Ill see her when we go to the state convention and i can talk some sense into her. There was only 1 RP supporter that did not run for a delegate or alternate. My ol' lady wasn't going to but I kinda nominated her as one without asking. Tough shit for her.

As for some of the other towns delegates
Northport - 2 Total - 1 RP and 1 for Mitt/RP that's another iffy. My wife's ex boss will talk with the other delegate and he thinks he can convert her!
Waldo - 4 Total - 2 RP ... 2 Romney
Stockton Springs - 3 Total - 2 RP ... 1 Romney
Liberty - 5 Total- 2 RP ... 3 Unknown

So from my questioning i found a total of 27 total delegates. RP received 13 of these 2 could switch from Romney to Paul. We also have 2 alternates. Im not sure how many other delegates are still out there for Waldo County.

lvp1138
02-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Might end up like Nevada... Romney getting the popular vote, followed by Paul, but Paul getting the most delegates going to the state convention.

Remember you all, it's about delegates...

ItsTime
02-02-2008, 12:53 PM
"we will storm the gates with delegates"

Might end up like Nevada... Romney getting the popular vote, followed by Paul, but Paul getting the most delegates going to the state convention.

Remember you all, it's about delegates...

bkreigh
02-02-2008, 01:05 PM
I think we will do pretty good in Bangor. Ken Lindell was at our caucus and gave a great speech. As our town was finishing up i saw him walking out about to go to Bangor. In the Portland area i have a feeling that will go to Romney. The further North (or East how ever you want to look at it) the better i think RP will do.

bkreigh
02-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Alright here a few other results i have heard of.

Trenton Maine

6 Ron Paul
3 McCain
3 Romney
1 McCain
1 Undecided

No word on the delegates

bkreigh
02-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Denmark

24 people showed up but there was only 1 Ron Paul supporter. I hear Romney and McCain split there. I guess the roads and weather was very bad from the message i received.

On the bright side that 1 RP supporter picked up 1 of 2 delegates!

Sarge
02-02-2008, 01:25 PM
That is great.

50% of the delegates. Not sure how they pulled it off being that outnumbered.

bkreigh
02-02-2008, 01:37 PM
That is great.

I could only guess that nobody else want to be a delegate.

See at our town we didnt even vote on the delegates. More or less whoever spoke up first got their name on the list. First the delegates then the alternate list. 6 RP spoke up and then a 2 more did later and got on the alternate list. I knew this was wrong but if we actually decided to vote i would guess that we would have lost some of the delegates and they would have been alternates. Nobody complained so i guess that is why. If somebody would have call BS on it i would have backed them up. 6 of 13 with 2 alternates is not bad. 24% of the vote in our town were for Ron Paul but we came out with 46% of the delegates and the 2 alternates!

Sarge
02-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Thank you,

I love you all.

Lesson to be learned by all going to a caucus. Speak up first!

Let us hope the rest do that for the rest of the day.

RPsupporterAtHeart
02-02-2008, 01:48 PM
That is great.

wow, that's like winning the lottery. I bet that single RP supporter was just grinning ear to ear after that.

bkreigh
02-02-2008, 01:54 PM
wow, that's like winning the lottery. I bet that single RP supporter was just grinning ear to ear after that.

Well the email I received he didnt sound to happy. He said that most of the others were swayed

"the other 'choices' and while most everyone in attendance expressed
preference for Dr. Paul on domestic issues, in the end the crowd split
between McCain and Romney (one husband and wife supported Huckabee).
The
reason: their abject terror of "Islamofascist" bogeymen who 'hate us
for
our Freedoms' and not for our interventionism. The false notion that
Paul is a naive isolationist who will cause another 9-11 is what lost
us
support here."

The other delegate is a Romney supporter. He says because she thinks Romney is an "economic genius".

raiha
02-02-2008, 02:00 PM
It is a shame we can't hold a pre-election of all the people who WOULD vote for Paul if they thought he had more of a chance. It'd be a landslide.

PhillyEagles11
02-02-2008, 02:07 PM
It is a shame we can't hold a pre-election of all the people who WOULD vote for Paul if they thought he had more of a chance. It'd be a landslide.

Yeah, they should start wording the poll questions "who do you WANT to be president?" instead of "who will you VOTE to be president?" It would be interesting to see what those results would be.

bkreigh
02-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Bucksport Results (town in Hancock County)

Ron Paul - 6
Romney - 6
McCain - 5

5 of 8 delegates are Ron Paul supporters!
Also the New Chair of the GOP of Bucksport is a Ron Paul Supporter!

ItsTime
02-02-2008, 02:52 PM
woot!

Bucksport Results (town in Hancock County)

Ron Paul - 6
Romney - 6
McCain - 5

5 of 8 delegates are Ron Paul supporters!
Also the New Chair of the GOP of Bucksport is a Ron Paul Supporter!

bucfish
02-02-2008, 02:54 PM
nice

Badger Paul
02-02-2008, 02:56 PM
What's important is that we understand the process, which isn't easy. We know we have to get delegates first and foremost and that's what we're doing.

In a lot of these caucus we won't knwo the real outcomes until the state conventions themselves pick the delegations later this spring. That's why we've got to keep at it and not let our focus down.

bkreigh
02-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Lee

Ron Paul - 5
Undecided -1

All but one delegate is RP supporter (i dont know how many or if this is included with Lincoln as well. Both emails came at the same time.)

Lincoln

Romney - 9
Ron Paul - 8
Undecided - 2
McCain - 1

8 possibly 9 out of 11 Delegates to the Convention. Once again the gal who emailed me said that she was nominating people as fast as she could and was getting people to second her. She heard that the Romney supporters were going to "hijack" it.

For those of you caucusing tomorrow nominate your delegates FIRST! Speak up and cut Romney supporters off if you have to. You will notice them. They all had their stupid stickers on their shirt. Most RP at our caucus keep a low key. Only a couple had RP buttons on.

bkreigh
02-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Albion

Ron Paul - 4
Huckabee - 2
McCain - 2

4 of 7 delegates are RP supporters!

Rumor that Ron Paul is doing well in other small towns in Kennebec County .

bkreigh
02-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Both Waterville and Winslo won for RP. No word on the count

Augusta City

Romney - 25
Ron Paul - 22

They said Ron Paul would have won the straw poll but a few people had to leave (dont know why). Anyway they had a debate on delegates though. They took a percentage and he thinks we got 13 or 14 delegates. I dont know out of what though but he said we got the most!

bkreigh
02-02-2008, 03:07 PM
In case you havent seen this.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1580721/20080131/id_0.jhtml

freedom-maniac
02-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Sehr Gut! This is prooving that quote by Sam Adams. (Can any one find it?)

CorkyAgain
02-02-2008, 04:01 PM
I could only guess that nobody else want to be a delegate.

See at our town we didnt even vote on the delegates. More or less whoever spoke up first got their name on the list. First the delegates then the alternate list. 6 RP spoke up and then a 2 more did later and got on the alternate list. I knew this was wrong but if we actually decided to vote i would guess that we would have lost some of the delegates and they would have been alternates. Nobody complained so i guess that is why. If somebody would have call BS on it i would have backed them up. 6 of 13 with 2 alternates is not bad. 24% of the vote in our town were for Ron Paul but we came out with 46% of the delegates and the 2 alternates!

Ah, now I'm beginning to understand the disparity between the straw vote and the delegate counts. It sounds like the Romney campaign organized to win the straw vote, but didn't put as much emphasis on getting people to step forward as delegates. I hope that comes back to bite them.

ItsTime
02-02-2008, 04:04 PM
bingo! Way to go Ron Paul delegates!!!

Ah, now I'm beginning to understand the disparity between the straw vote and the delegate counts. It sounds like the Romney campaign organized to win the straw vote, but didn't put as much emphasis on getting people to step forward as delegates. I hope that comes back to bite them.

Badger Paul
02-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Right you are Corky, because they want the media impact of a headline that says "Romney wins caucuses in Maine." They figure they'll let the delegate situation handle itself when the time comes. They're not in this for the long haul like we are, they have to win and win fast.

But what counts in reality is when the time comes for the RNC Convention and persons find a Maine delegation backing Paul, because we were able to get a majority of the 3,000 state convention delegates. They think we'll just pack up shop and go away by then.

They're wrong...