PDA

View Full Version : The future of the Ron Paul revolution

TechnoGuyRob
02-02-2008, 12:14 PM
If Ron Paul wins the presidency this year, this post might be unnecessary.

However, we have real momentum here. We will not make the same mistake(s) again. Therefore, I propose the following. Throughout his campaign, Ron Paul had about 200,000 unique donors. A lot of these donors we already have in the e-mail lists of Trevor, Vijay, me, etc. Now, imagine if only 25% of these donors accumulated $2,000 in 3 years. Of course, it might be less than that, but keep in mind this revolution will keep growing. Ron Paul has left an impassable digital imprint on the internet. People who were 15, 16, 17 this year will know what to do in four years. We will keep growing. Therefore, once again, I propose this. We create a pledge site where people promise to try to accumulate $2,300 by the next election, to be donated the moment Ron Paul enters the election, and if he doesn't, the candidate endorsed by Ron Paul (because face it, someone like him is running next term). Honestly, I think we can get 50,000 of our committed people to take this pledge, one which gives us a whole 3 years to fulfill! Now imagine what that would mean:

50,000 x $2,300 = $115,000,000

Incredible! Even if only 10% of this plan worked, that means Ron Paul would start his campaign with $15 million, half of what he has raised in this whole election!

I realize we'll be pissing off a lot of Diggers, Redditors, YouTubers, etc. by holding a 3-year-long money bomb campaign, but it'll be a very subtle and underground movement. You sign up once, and you might get a reminder every 6, 12, 18 months, but otherwise, it's a silent force building up to the grand day.

With a plan like this, I'm almost hoping Clinton or McCain gets elected. Obama will not be a president like Ron Paul, but he'll be just good enough to make people think everything has been fixed. On the other hand, the former two will mess things up so bad that next time winning will be the country's only option.

This is not just an idea anymore. I am a web developer, and despite my planned preoccupation with getting a PhD in the next four years, I would be willing to do this on the side if no one else steps up by 2009. Mark my words, I will not let this die, and I know neither will any of you.

P.S. I think we should extend this concept to precinct leaders, too. If we have 50k, 100k, maybe even 150k committed precinct leaders by the time Ron Paul jumps into the next election, well everyone involved in politics knows something like that would be worth ten billion dollars!

captainelectron
02-02-2008, 12:17 PM
This needs work. Most people who can accumulate such funds would not be able to resist using them prematurely, so there would need to be a fund bank or somesuch.

Rede
02-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Age might be a bit of a factor in 4 years but if it is there has got to be someone else who can carry his message. Either way, its a good long-term plan for the advancement of freedom. What is really important is that this movement doesn't die with the campaign.

JoshLowry
02-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Great idea. I've been wondering how we are going to get prepared for the 2012 run. :)

Ibgamer
02-02-2008, 12:20 PM
I dont know if Ron can do this again. In another four years he may be retired from politics, but that doesnt mean his movement cant continue.

LibertyEagle
02-02-2008, 12:20 PM
I hate to say it, but there isn't another Ron Paul. At least not anyone so pure in his principles.

TechnoGuyRob
02-02-2008, 12:22 PM
I dont know if Ron can do this again. In another four years he may be retired from politics, but that doesnt mean his movement cant continue.

Dude, if someone tells Ron Paul "they're planning a $100 million money bomb for your run next year and are already over the $50 million mark," I'm sure he is not going to retire. :p This guy has built his life on us. He retired when he stopped being a doctor. Saving the American people is now his existence.

You heard what he keeps saying in his e-mails and personally. As long as people are willing to put money, time, and passion into supporting him and his ideas he'll keep going. I don't think he was just referring to a one-year run.

Dave Pedersen
02-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Rand has name recognition and is gaining much experience as a public speaker. However to be competitive in the national elections we need someone with either a state governorship or congressional experience. Those now serving in congress are building credentials for a future presidential campaign. We need to support every one of them so they can stay in office.

By their voting records you will know them.

TechnoGuyRob
02-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Bump. I'll check back later on what you guys think.

LinuxUser269
02-02-2008, 12:42 PM
i cant pledge 2300but i will definetly give and be campaigning for him from now onwarward

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Ron Paul is 72 years old. He will run independent THIS YEAR. So save your money!!!

TechnoGuyRob
02-02-2008, 01:18 PM
No, Ron Paul isn't running independent this year.

Ron Paul is also ridiculously healthy (even biking for an hour a day before his life got this busy).

RonPaulwillWin
02-02-2008, 01:43 PM
3 year money bomb whoohoo! Imagine how big the pledge list would be.

Ronin
02-02-2008, 01:47 PM
$50 a month is $2300 in 3 years.

BTW, RP will not be electable in 4 years due to his age. That would mean he would be 80 at the end of his term. Not going to happen.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Ron Paul will be 80 years old by the time he can run again.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-02-2008, 01:59 PM
No, Ron Paul isn't running independent this year.

Wanna bet?

LJHudd
02-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I still believe RP can win the Republican nomination for President.

But since I don't have a crystal ball, I'm also going to donate to his congressional run today... he needs $400,000 in the next couple of days... can we help him?

Hey, we could afford a blimp... we can do this too!!

Donate: > Re-elect Ron Paul (http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/) <

lapi7
02-02-2008, 02:05 PM
I hate to say it, but there isn't another Ron Paul. At least not anyone so pure in his principles.

Sorry, but I have to strongly disagree!
Try Judge Andrew Napalitano (among many other prominent Libertarians).
Strict Constitionalist who endorses Paul as a living 21st century Thomas Jefferson.
Stands almost EXACTLY point by point on and for Paul's platform.
AND isn't quite so polite that he isn't afraid to stand his ground and if need be get into an intelligent verbal volley with some sub-intellects like McCain and Romney and make them look like utterly unlettered FOOLS!!!!

angelatc
02-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Ron Paul is 72 years old. He will run independent THIS YEAR. So save your money!!!

What if he doesn't? I have heard some talk about a brokered convention. What if no candidate wins enough delegates to secure the nomination?

I think we have to focus on getting Paul enough delegates to be the spoiler, and eventually the kingmaker.

The anti-immigration folks aren't going to settle for McCain. The abortion folks aren't going to settle for Romney. But like it or not, those folks might not vote for Paul because they do not like the way he presents his foreign policy ideas.

If that's the case, a new candidate could emerge. We could possibly find our delegates considering Sarah Palin, Mark Sanford, or Jeff Flake as an alternative.

I love Ron Paul, but I love liberty more. I could probably vote for those folks, and I think that they could be sold as alternatives to the McCain / Romney voters at a brokered convention.