PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Resets Goal

VinceLiberty
02-02-2008, 11:48 AM
lol, before their "Money Bomb" yesterday, Huckabee's website had them at about $3.5Million toward a Feb 5 goal of $10Million... going nowhere fast, today they're at $600k toward a $1Million goal... WTF?!

But on a serious note, we're still $3M short of Ron's goal... let's not force him to re-set the goal posts! Keep giving! :cool:

Crickett
02-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Well, unfortunately they are copying us again. We had a $23 million goal--now down to 8.4 with only 3 days left and yes, falling short.

ItsTime
02-02-2008, 12:02 PM
we never had an official 23 million goal. the goal has always been 8.4 on the website

captainelectron
02-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Analysis indicates that about $1-1.5 million is available per week. Many early contributors are maxed out due to the unconstitutional McCain-Feingold bill that trampled the Bill of Rights.

coffeewithchess
02-02-2008, 12:33 PM
The problem is that many supporters aren't giving now because they don't see where $17 million went in the 4th quarter and they don't see any strategy from HQ.

Geronimo
02-02-2008, 01:01 PM
The problem is that many supporters aren't giving now because they don't see where $17 million went in the 4th quarter and they don't see any strategy from HQ.

Can you confirm this, or are you just speculating>

ItsTime
02-02-2008, 01:04 PM
both of you are pretty much wrong. I believe only 5 to 7% of Ron Paul donors are maxed out.

Analysis indicates that about $1-1.5 million is available per week. Many early contributors are maxed out due to the unconstitutional McCain-Feingold bill that trampled the Bill of Rights.

coffeewithchess
02-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Can you confirm this, or are you just speculating>

I know this from my family and friends that have donated...they view the campaign as inept and as already having lost the election for RP. My family and friends I have spoken with have donated before on the money bombs and randomly in the past. Also one of my friends in South Carolina said he only saw ONE tv ad for RP and he said the ad looked crappy to him.

AFM
02-02-2008, 01:09 PM
both of you are pretty much wrong. I believe only 5 to 7% of Ron Paul donors are maxed out.

Its 13 percent according todays Washington Post.
Its still the smallest percentage out of all the other candidates.

Sey.Naci
02-02-2008, 01:31 PM
My guess is that most of RP's supporters CAN'T max out. As students, the disenfranchised, unemployed, under-employed, etc., they haven't $2300 to spare. If they spent that, they'd suddenly find themselves homeless.

RPIdeaMan08
02-02-2008, 01:41 PM
the goal i 5 mil by feb 5th and 8.4 by the end of Q1

newyearsrevolution08
02-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Why do people always think they know what is going on in the official campaign. "coffee" just because your family maxed out says NOTHING for the nation so yes SPECULATION like crazy on that one.

And to say as a general statement that ALL ron paul supporters are wanting to know where the money was or they wont donate? who are you lol, do you talk with ron paul about these issues or just yourself??

stay on point and if you research you will see where that money was allocated for and to.

therealjjj77
02-02-2008, 01:48 PM
we never had an official 23 million goal. the goal has always been 8.4 on the website

I think that 23 million was for the QUARTER. The 8.4 million was by Feb. 5th.

TwiLeXia
02-02-2008, 02:01 PM
I have concerns and issues with the campaign as well, but I don't let that get in the way of me believing in Dr. Paul's message and sending him money.

amonasro
02-02-2008, 02:35 PM

There was a breakdown of what RP spend in the 3rd quarter in the thread about it yesterday... and there IS a strategy, where have you been for a month?

Karsten
02-02-2008, 02:35 PM
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_this_quarter.png

Cool Huck is in freefall!!

HOLLYWOOD
02-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Why do people always think they know what is going on in the official campaign. "coffee" just because your family maxed out says NOTHING for the nation so yes SPECULATION like crazy on that one.

And to say as a general statement that ALL ron paul supporters are wanting to know where the money was or they wont donate? who are you lol, do you talk with ron paul about these issues or just yourself??

stay on point and if you research you will see where that money was allocated for and to.

The problem and/or concerns people have with the campaign is RON PAUL spent more money in Q4 than JOHN McCAIN and MIKE HUCKABEE COMBINED! That being said...

why do we see McCain and Huckabee Commercials both locally and Nationally broadcasted yet, I myself, focused on all the national channels, have seen one Ron Paul commercial in the past year, and it was the amateurish old one.

Why, with spending more money than both those other 2 candidates combined, we trail them substantially?

This is like a MUTUAL FUND analogy... you invest your money in a particular Mutual Fund and for the year the overall Markets were up, say 12%. The average Blue Chip Mutual fund was up 14%, yet your Mutual fund was up only 5% and your Mutual Fund Manager is charging Management fees TWICE of the other funds that are out performing yours. Wouldn't question, what is going on and more importantly, how the old way doesn't seem the right way or cost effective, so what new steps does the fund managers take to have OUR fund outperform all the others and market averages.

I know it's a simplification analogy... but there is justice to people questioning the campaign. Remember, Thomas Jefferson did quote: Question Everything!

Campaign Management...

an easy spot... after the Reagan Library Debate... Ron Paul moved off the stage out of the main path and studio lighting. Whereas, Mike Huckabee stayed up front and knew he was in the light and TV cameras views and he capitalized on talking to NANCY REAGAN and the GOVERNATOR, which then, the cameras were focused a bit more closer.

It can be poor RP campaign management/Preparations and/or strategies, or just inept to capitalizing on every moment. Sometimes you have to put your trusted friends to the sidelines and let the professionals handle the show, then you'll get much more opportunities and probably better results.

coffeewithchess
02-02-2008, 02:52 PM
There was a breakdown of what RP spend in the 3rd quarter in the thread about it yesterday... and there IS a strategy, where have you been for a month?

I did go through 7 pages of the FEC report the night it came out, but I stopped after 7 pages. What is there strategy? I don't see it. I'm still not sure where $17 million was spent.

Mordan
02-02-2008, 02:56 PM

as a shareholder of this campaign I want an explanation. Ron Paul places personal responsibility at the core of his philosophy. And that's the reason I'm here. Now I want them to explain why we spent nearly double than McCain. And Heads to roll at the management level if deemed necessary. this number of 17 million certainly hurts. Some good action/speech needs to be taken by the campaign manager.

theswedishchef
02-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Well, unfortunately they are copying us again. We had a $23 million goal--now down to 8.4 with only 3 days left and yes, falling short.

HMM correct me if I am wrong....

5 million boost - feb 5

8.4 million goal for quarter one, right?

coffeewithchess
02-02-2008, 02:59 PM

5 million boost - feb 5

Wrong, 8.4 million by February 5th.

coffeewithchess
02-02-2008, 03:02 PM
as a shareholder of this campaign I want an explanation. Ron Paul places personal responsibility at the core of his philosophy. And that's the reason I'm here. Now I want them to explain why we spent nearly double than McCain. And Heads to roll at the management level if deemed necessary. this number of 17 million certainly hurts. Some good action/speech needs to be taken by the campaign manager.

The fact that HEADS did not roll at HQ after Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina let me believe there was a strategy and perhaps, POSSIBLY the campaign did future media buys...the fact is that I have now seen both Huckabee and McCain national ads on my television set...I have not seen ONE national Paul ad. If the campaign spent $17 million in the 4th quarter and they don't have FUTURE media buys, somebody should have been FIRED.

Mordan
02-02-2008, 03:10 PM
wanna add this:
I'm not against spending 17 millions: but be accountable and do some damage countrol!!! bloody hell. They should explain where the money went if they want more. it is as simple as that.
we RP supporters are smart. What is HQ thinking? McCain 10 millions, Huck 5, Ron Paul 17... ????? we ask legitimate questions.
now when I learn they spent 4 millions on millions upon millions of mailings. FINE. But tell us so we are not left in the wild wondering where the hell the money went. Imagination runs wild and the dirty word of corruption comes to my mind quickly. I mean 20 millions make some heads dizzy. And please I wanna know about those wierd TV ads production costs.

tpreitzel
02-02-2008, 03:10 PM

Pure speculation...
However, some anecdotal evidence exists that the campaign management has made mistakes, but to extrapolate those mistakes into the rationale that "many supporters aren't giving now" because of those mistakes is a stretch to say the least.

LukeNM
02-02-2008, 03:13 PM

Speak for yourself. I trust Ron Paul...

coffeewithchess
02-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Speak for yourself. I trust Ron Paul...

RP is only human...the fact is that RP trusts his HQ...I don't trust his HQ because I've been there and volunteered and seen it in action.

Sey.Naci
02-02-2008, 03:17 PM
People who know how much it costs to run a political campaign and how advertising scheduling works will have no problem with how the money is being spent.

And RP's campaign reports NO DEBT to boot. Fantastic.

VinceLiberty
02-02-2008, 03:18 PM

5 million boost - feb 5

No, it's $8.4 Million is by Feb 5 - when it was announced last week, the fundraising was at $3.4M, so 8.4 is the $5M boost from that time...

It's been a very strong fundraising week - numerous days well in excess of $100k, and far and away stronger than the demoralizing weeks mid-January. But not the pace that's needed, unfortunately.
:(

Mordan
02-02-2008, 03:47 PM
RP is only human...the fact is that RP trusts his HQ...I don't trust his HQ because I've been there and volunteered and seen it in action.

I trust Ron Paul too! His honesty is what makes me love the guy.

have you met Kent Snyder?

Can anybody volunteer?

Feelgood
02-02-2008, 06:09 PM
I did go through 7 pages of the FEC report the night it came out, but I stopped after 7 pages. What is there strategy? I don't see it. I'm still not sure where $17 million was spent.

How many times does this question need to be answered before you people either read it, or understand it?

Posting this from memory, so bear with me. RP spent about $17.5 million in ads he ordered in key super Tuesday states. Ordering ahead, he got a bit of a discount. The campaign needs, in order to compete, $23 million for this quarter. To reach this goal, and be able to continue, they set a goal of $8.4 million to reach by Feb 5th.

Break that down, if they can do that, then they are on course to get the $23 million they need for the quarter. At this time, we are far short.

I'm sorry so many of you seem to need some sort of instant gratification to realize what's going on, but that simply is not the way it works. He has gone slow and patiently, allowing the others to spend their money beating the hell out of each other. As a result, they are going broke, heavily in debt, against the ropes and sinking fast.

If you dont seem to understand the concept of RP's strategy (for me it is crystal clear) then I would suggest you click the following link, and read this article over and over again, until the concept becomes a part of your reality as well...

>>>Ron Paul's Top Secret Strategy<<< (http://www.dltk-teach.com/fables/tortoise/modern.htm)

mdevour
02-02-2008, 06:19 PM
IF, and I emphasize IF, fundraising is reduced due to some sort of attitude shift on the part of Paul's supporters, it's because the movement has had its first taste of reality and people are demoralized by the results of the early primaries.

I've seen it before in other "underdog" campaigns. Expectations inevitably creep higher than realism supports and the actual results cause disillusionment.

In my opinion, whatever flaws there are in campaign strategy or execution, few of those out here complaining truly appreciate what we're up against. The perfect campaign would still not win this easily, if at all.

Do you think the other candidates' campaigns are that much better? Have worse campaigns than Paul's achieved better results? The overwhelming difference? Media favoritism, party support, special interests... none of which are significant contributors to Dr. Paul's success.

I only hope that our lack of vision hasn't succeeded in strangling the campaign at the crucial moment when they needed our money to execute their Super Tuesday strategy. Then, when Super Tuesday falls short of the critics' expectation, there'll be another round of stuff to blame on the campaign.

I don't dispute that there may be serious weaknesses in the campaign staff, strategy, or execution. I dispute the contention that that makes more than a marginal difference in the results we're seeing.

That's my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

For Liberty!

Mike D.

NinjaPirate
02-02-2008, 07:09 PM

Not entirely true. I can still donate up to ~$1650, but I'm so broke right now. I feel so bad that I can't participate in the MB's. :( :( :(

angelatc
02-02-2008, 08:11 PM

I think that people aren't giving now because we haven't seen a victory. Second place doesn't count, and Louisiana isn't official.

I appreciate the Tortoise and Hare analogy, but it's easy for people to lose heart when they're not seeing results.

dawnbt
02-02-2008, 08:29 PM
How many times does this question need to be answered before you people either read it, or understand it?

Posting this from memory, so bear with me. RP spent about $17.5 million in ads he ordered in key super Tuesday states. Ordering ahead, he got a bit of a discount. The campaign needs, in order to compete, $23 million for this quarter. To reach this goal, and be able to continue, they set a goal of $8.4 million to reach by Feb 5th.

Break that down, if they can do that, then they are on course to get the $23 million they need for the quarter. At this time, we are far short.

I'm sorry so many of you seem to need some sort of instant gratification to realize what's going on, but that simply is not the way it works. He has gone slow and patiently, allowing the others to spend their money beating the hell out of each other. As a result, they are going broke, heavily in debt, against the ropes and sinking fast.

If you dont seem to understand the concept of RP's strategy (for me it is crystal clear) then I would suggest you click the following link, and read this article over and over again, until the concept becomes a part of your reality as well...

>>>Ron Paul's Top Secret Strategy<<< (http://www.dltk-teach.com/fables/tortoise/modern.htm)

We have a winner!!!

Bubba
02-02-2008, 09:07 PM

There are numerous threads proclaiming mass radio and television ad campaigns that are raging all over the country for Super Tuesday's next round of election vote fraud. That kind of press ain't cheap.

Yes. Stay focused and looking forward. This isn't over by a long shot.:cool:

Bubba
02-02-2008, 09:13 PM

If the ptb and media spin doctors were posting the true tally numbers from the caucuses and primaries, nobody would be talking this way.

Meiun
02-02-2008, 09:30 PM
First of all, I'm not maxed out, I'm broke! The government owns 35% of my paycheck and I'm struggling to keep my family afloat. I give when I can, with pain if need be.

Secondly, remember that this is NOT about national media, it is about grassroots and the support system necessary to turn out the vote. We decided as a grassroots community after NH that we would not rely on HQ to put Ron Paul into the White House but we were going to take it on ourselves to make this happen.

Look, Romney and Huckabee will be dropping out after Feb 5th. It will then be McCain vs. Paul!!!! ???

What part of this equation is confusing? There is NO way that true conservatives will back McCain against Dr. No! The upcoming debates will be the only national coverage necessary, screw the TV ads.

But, it is UP TO US! as a grassroots community to get out there, knock on the doors, and meet your fellow conservative republicans face to face and help to the polls! This is far from over. The LONG HAUL has just begun. My primary isn't even until May 20th!

jbuttell
02-02-2008, 09:48 PM
inept? I think they've done QUITE well considering how the media has treated them. And it ain't over yet.

Look, we all are aware that it doesn't look good, but we still march on... We don't continue to donate knowing that we'll get anything in return - we donate because it's the least we can do to support the only candidate worthy of being our president. He wouldn't be wasting our time if he honestly thought it wasn't worth going foward.

.jeremy

KevinR
02-02-2008, 10:17 PM
maybe he bought a 30 second timeslot for the superbowl? (2.7M) Would be risky and expensive, but the right ad could be worth the cost :O

Billy Budd
02-03-2008, 12:39 AM
This thread has pissed me off. I wish people would do their homework before spouting off in print with demotivating words for 1000's of Ron Paul supporters and potential supporters. Way to promote the money train.

A national prime time 30 second ad is a minimum of 100,000 for air time not counting the production costs. That is the bottom end. For perspective, one 30 second highly produced ad during idol would run 800,000 to 900,000 dollars. That's one 30 second ad while everyone is getting up to go get some more chips. How far is 17 million going to go running those?

Further, Paul started out with a small crew and very little money. He/they could not plan for the amount of money that was taken in. I'm sure in hind sight this or that could have been done differently. I'm also sure that's true with all the campaigns.

I think they've been prudent and trying to cover the most ground with the money they have. Spending more in states where it's worth it and holding back in states where it isn't. So if you're sitting there not seeing Ron Paul commercials while watching your favorite show, consider the reasons why.

But the point is, instead of getting on the forums crying that you're not getting your money's worth, do your frikkin home work and if you got a problem, take it up with HQ. Don't plant seeds of doubt in the fund raising thread.

I am not really sure what HQ's overall plan is, all I know is that in Minnesota all I ever see are Obama ads, he appears to be running them every hour on some stations.

They've been playing very good RP radio ads on KSTP AM in the Twin Cities which is the "Talk Station" here. They are hitting the right people with them. I don't watch TV so I can't speak for that.

I have been razing (calling tand emailing) the 8 to 11 pm guy on KSTP and have got him to talk about Ron Paul on the air a few times now.

raeason
02-03-2008, 01:21 AM
My guess is that most of RP's supporters CAN'T max out. As students, the disenfranchised, unemployed, under-employed, etc., they haven't $2300 to spare. If they spent that, they'd suddenly find themselves homeless.
For the record, I fall into this category. Most of my RP supporting friends IRL also fall into this category.

Schlickenmeyer
02-03-2008, 03:03 AM
I was thinking about this the other day, and it occured to me, perhaps the money bombs, an internet based thing, are suffering from lack of new interest.
The early ones did well, and then the folks who are online enough to be aware of such things had (personally) maxed out.

Future fundraising should be more creative, and NOT internet-based.

p.s. - to the admins, the google ads you have suck. there are a ton of Huckabee ads on a Ron Paul forum. Selling out on us?

sirachman
02-03-2008, 03:33 AM

Never heard of reserving future ads? He has/is bought/buying ads for super tuesday now and bought ads for nh before that. Not sure what you think we gave him the money for?

deedles
02-03-2008, 06:38 AM
Also radio ads are playing in Wisconsin esp during the Rush Limbaugh show... I've had 3 different people tell me that in as many days.