PDA

View Full Version : ***4th of July Independance Day Money Nuke for the General Election***

DealzOnWheelz
02-02-2008, 11:29 AM
I know this is early but heres my thinking....

So far on Money bombs we have raised more money when we have more time to promote it....

So we should start the July 4th website and start getting pledges now...

This way it will raise attentention and get the ball rolling.

This would give us 6 months to get pledges

We could EASILY BREAK OUR OWN RECORD THIS WAY.

Now I'm not saying don't have other money bombs between now and then but I think we need to set this one up to be the end all of money bombs, the Fat Boy of money bombs, The MONEY NUKE if you will.

Remember the original goal was 100,000 people donating $100 to get $10 million

We can do that on July 4th if not blow it out of the water.

WHOSE WITH ME????

RP4Pres2008
02-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Too far away man...who knows what happens from now till then.

We need to focus on short term goals, like getting to 8.4 million by Feb 5th...

DealzOnWheelz
02-02-2008, 11:33 AM
I am not saying only focus on this day I am saying get the pledges sttarted that way when it does come around we have a SHITLOAD of PEOPLE pledged

fireworks_god
02-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Unless you give Ron Paul $100 million, he isn't going to run Independent.

IDefendThePlatform
02-02-2008, 11:40 AM
If RP is still in the running on July 4th, I'm in.

theantirobot
02-02-2008, 11:40 AM
It's never too early to put the Idea out there. I'm all for it. This one could be huge. 20 million in 1 day? The longer it's promoted the bigger it will be, and what more symbolic day then July 4th?

IDefendThePlatform
02-02-2008, 11:43 AM
It would be about the right time to jumpstart RP's independent run, IF he were to do that. Even more media coverage than the Tea Party, probably.

DealzOnWheelz
02-02-2008, 12:33 PM
GUYS THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AN INDEPENDANT RUN

HE WILL NEED $$$$ WHen he gets the nomination for the general election and we should get prepared now if he ends his race sooner then oh well we don't donate

but we need to get a site up and get pledges started how about www.Independance08.com

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Dealz, I think this is a fantastic idea. Don't be shy about saying RP will run independent. That is his destiny, and this movement's destiny!

I think July 4th will top 10 million.

Michael Ingram
02-02-2008, 12:56 PM
I would choose a different domain name than independence08.com, it's too long and people will have trouble spelling it

jufreese
02-02-2008, 01:00 PM
and when you donate to the general election, anyone who is maxed out can donate another 2300 dollars. Hillary has already started doing this

scar
02-02-2008, 01:03 PM
If anyone needed help designing the website, I could hook them up!

I think it's a great idea, I think a shorter domain name would be a good idea too.

Elwar
02-02-2008, 01:04 PM
April 15th (donate your stimulus check) and July 4th (donate your tax refund)...these will be huge.

sedele
02-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Lets do it!!!!!

I'm sure we can get at lease 100,000 pleadges between now and then. And if the history of money bombs is any indication, we'll get 400,000 donors that day!

the_bee
02-02-2008, 01:14 PM
bump

CaliforniaGold
02-02-2008, 01:24 PM
I think it is a wise idea to formulate a plan for the 4th of July!
It gives us time to refine our message and to prepare!
It gives us time to promote it.

AND it sends a message that we aren't going anywhere anytime soon and that is a message we must get out there!

Elijah
02-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Ron Paul is in this until the end either way, he has said so himself in a official email.

Great idea!

DealzOnWheelz
02-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Ok where are the IT savvy that want to work on the site

ANyone got any other ideas for domain names???

how about bring it back to the old school

www.this4thofjuly.com

Russellk30
02-02-2008, 01:56 PM
How about leaving the word "nuke" out of anything associated with Ron Paul grass roots. The media had spun pretty heavily the use of "bomb, and they would have a field day with nuke.

Nothing like using the language of extremists to get one labels as such. The more we are associated with violence and destruction the less successful we will be.

I know that it this context it is only figurative, but that does not matter to anybody outside of this movement.

DealzOnWheelz
02-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Go blow off russell the media didn't hurt us with "MONEYBOMB" they helped us

Dude you are obviously clueless Mr 10 posts...

Nobody said "Oh my god those ron paul people are extremists because they have money bombs"

And I wasn't referring to calling it THE MONEY NUKE I was referring to the fact that it will be the biggest MOney bomb of them all

Essentially a Money Nuke

Mordan
02-02-2008, 02:11 PM
i'm for it! it is a great idea!!!!!!!!!

Russellk30
02-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Hmmm, so posting only ten times makes one stupid and irrelevant. I made a polite point and there is no need to get all pissy ever it. I'm guessing Ron Paul has not posted ten times on this site. Does that make him clueless as well? I have actually been active in the movement since early last year, and am not as clueless as you might think.
You shouldn't act so defensively against a little constructive input. I actually really liked the idea of a July 4th money bomb as well as starting the marketing for it right now, but it is entirely possibly for the term "moneynuke" to catch on and I don’t think that would be a good development.
We are all on the same side here; there is no reason to get angry over such small details. If you don’t agree with somebody just tell them so, there is no point in needlessly driving people away from the movement.

Philosophers' Legacy
02-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Go blow off russell the media didn't hurt us with "MONEYBOMB" they helped us

Dude you are obviously clueless Mr 10 posts...

Nobody said "Oh my god those ron paul people are extremists because they have money bombs"

And I wasn't referring to calling it THE MONEY NUKE I was referring to the fact that it will be the biggest MOney bomb of them all

Essentially a Money Nuke

I'm all for "money nuke". I like it, but think Russell is right. We have to think about NEW folks joining us. It sounds silly that someone would shy away from the word nuke, but there are people out there, just like there are people who still stand behind Dubya...

on the other hand, it could give us a positive "badass" image that we could use.

-now this is from a first time poster, so take it or leave it:p

BarryDonegan
02-02-2008, 02:34 PM
lets do it.

sedele
02-02-2008, 03:10 PM
blumpkin

IDefendThePlatform
02-02-2008, 03:18 PM
One thought:

If we ever get to the point where it becomes clear that RP will not be getting the Republican nomination, then a ton of pledges for something like this could goose him into running 3rd party. Just a thought. I don't have it now, but I'll pledge the full $2300 for an RP general election run.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-02-2008, 03:24 PM
The Money Thermonuclear Bomb, July 4th, 2008!

DealzOnWheelz
02-02-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm sorry Russell but I'm tired of people just putting down ideas

When you originally posted you said absolutely nothing about thinking it was a good idea all I read was negative criticizm and it didn't seem very researched

Every bit of news we got out of the moneybombs has been tremendously good so i don't know why anyone would say "oh the term BOMB gives it a bad image"