PDA

View Full Version : Here come the results...

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Yahoo! has some caucus results coming in, however; only 3% of the precincts are reporting. It's early, but Romney is way ahead.

http://news.yahoo.com/election/2008/dashboard/?d=ME

noztnac
02-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Wow- Maine is 96% white. Weird.

I just looked at Hawaii by contrast 25% white.

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Anyone know if these results come in as the total vote count or do they release state delegates, like in Iowa Democratic caucuses?

Chester Copperpot
02-02-2008, 10:58 AM
damn , we need to win this state.. well i *WANT* us to win REAL bad.

ItsTime
weird how is Yahoo releasing these results? I thought all of MSM was waiting till tonight because there are many caucusing going on today?

RufusTDoofus
Delegates are uncommitted.

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-02-2008, 11:00 AM
weird how is Yahoo releasing these results? I thought all of MSM was waiting till tonight because there are many caucusing going on today?

Not sure, but I'm guessing they are just posting them as they recieve them. They might have recieved results from a few caucuses.

randomname
02-02-2008, 11:01 AM
looks like nevada all over again :/

ItsTime
02-02-2008, 11:02 AM
what are the laws on this? I know its different because its a caucus. I am worried about caucus goers getting swayed esp since they are seeing Ron Paul in second, that might get more McCain people off their asses.

Not sure, but I'm guessing they are just posting them as they recieve them. They might have recieved results from a few caucuses.

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-02-2008, 11:02 AM
looks like nevada all over again :/

Yup....

ItsTime
02-02-2008, 11:04 AM
and lets all remember

"In Maine, Perot received 30.44% of the vote to Bush's 30.39% (Clinton won Maine with 38.77%)" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-02-2008, 11:06 AM
So, does anyone know if the actual vote totals are released?

ItsTime
02-02-2008, 11:07 AM
msnbc, cnn and politico are all saying they will be released tonight "live"

So, does anyone know if the actual vote totals are released?

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-02-2008, 11:08 AM
msnbc, cnn and politico are all saying they will be released tonight "live"

No, thats not my question. My question is so they actually release the hard numbers, or do they call it "state delgates" like in the Iowa Democratic Caucus?

Rangeley
02-02-2008, 11:10 AM
These are the straw poll votes, which dont matter whatsoever. The delegates are seperate, and as they are all officially "uncommitted" they will not be reported by the press. However, at least from what I have seen, Ron Paul is leading in the delegates that have been reported to us from people on the ground.

ItsTime
02-02-2008, 11:11 AM
// sorry my misunderstanding

No, thats not my question. My question is so they actually release the hard numbers, or do they call it "state delgates" like in the Iowa Democratic Caucus?

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-02-2008, 11:11 AM
// sorry my misunderstanding

Yes, thats answers it. Thanks.

ArrestPoliticians
02-02-2008, 11:12 AM
I wouldnt trust yahoo as far as I could throw them.

RufusTDoofus
02-02-2008, 11:12 AM
The various town and regional caucuses are scheduled at different times across the State. Many of them are early in the day and the results will be known much earlier than tonight.

Ours was this morning at 9 am. It was a regional caucus but each town had its own sub-group. The towns participating in our location: Bingham, Caratunk, Embden, Highland Plt. ,Moscow, New Portland, Pleasant Ridge Plt., Solon, The Forks Plt., West Forks Plt.

Results were : Romney 10, McCain 6, Paul 5, Huckabee 2.

Party rules state that the number of delegates available to each town/territory is determined as a function of the number of Republican votes cast by that town in the previous presidential election. Our town is eligible for 7 delegates. Only two people were present. (Me and my wife.) We are now able to select 5 other delegates to go to the State convention in May. Each delegate pays $25 for the privilege to participate but the RP campaign has offered to pick up that cost for anyone that can't afford it.

ItsTime
02-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Im confused, you and your wife were the only delegates from any campaign? And you are now able to pick the other 5? Even though Romney won the popular vote?

The various town and regional caucuses are scheduled at different times across the State. Many of them are early in the day and the results will be known much earlier than tonight.

Ours was this morning at 9 am. It was a regional caucus but each town had its own sub-group. The towns participating in our location: Bingham, Caratunk, Embden, Highland Plt. ,Moscow, New Portland, Pleasant Ridge Plt., Solon, The Forks Plt., West Forks Plt.

Results were : Romney 10, McCain 6, Paul 5, Huckabee 2.

Party rules state that the number of delegates available to each town/territory is determined as a function of the number of Republican votes cast by that town in the previous presidential election. Our town is eligible for 7 delegates. Only two people were present. (Me and my wife.) We are now able to select 5 other delegates to go to the State convention in May. Each delegate pays $25 for the privilege to participate but the RP campaign has offered to pick up that cost for anyone that can't afford it.

TheTruth
02-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Guys... Any universities vote yet? Any major Ron Paul Area's vote yet? You are jumping the gun! Ron Paul can still win. there is only like 300 votes in...

Oh by the way, I live in CT, and i was watching the TV, and John McCain is "The true conservative" :rolleyes:

I got a call from Ron though, that makes me happy :)

noztnac
02-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Did people forget to put "Mitt Romney is an asshole!" signs up?

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-02-2008, 11:28 AM
I'm not even going to bother figuring this caucus out. I prefer primaries, much less confusing! Good thing my state has a primary...

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-02-2008, 11:31 AM
OK...now all of the results on Yahoo! have gone away. Testing?

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Scratch that thought...the numbers that were up before are back again.

Paul10
02-02-2008, 11:34 AM

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-02-2008, 11:35 AM
You have to press "% of votes" to see it.

No you don't. The result have been there without me pressing anything.

Paul10
02-02-2008, 11:39 AM

RufusTDoofus
02-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Im confused, you and your wife were the only delegates from any campaign? And you are now able to pick the other 5? Even though Romney won the popular vote?
Each town participating at this location is able to send its own delegates to the state convention. Our town is New Portland. New Portland is eligible to send 7 delegates. My wife and I were the only two people from New Portland. Delegates to the state convention do not declare a candidate affiliation. We are able to recruit 5 other registered Republicans from our town to attend the convention.

Each of the other towns participating in this location are in similar situations. I don't know how many delegates are available to each of them. I don't think any of the other towns had enough people present to sign up as delegates.

The numbers I quoted as the results were the combined totals for all towns present. In contrast the results for our town were Ron Paul 2, everyone else 0. I don't have the breakdowns for each individual town.

ItsTime
02-02-2008, 11:43 AM
very nice. Thank you!

Each town participating at this location is able to send its own delegates to the state convention. Our town is New Portland. New Portland is eligible to send 7 delegates. My wife and I were the only two people from New Portland. Delegates to the state convention do not declare a candidate affiliation. We are able to recruit 5 other registered Republicans from our town to attend the convention.

Each of the other towns participating in this location are in similar situations. I don't know how many delegates are available to each of them. I don't think any of the other towns had enough people present to sign up as delegates.

The numbers I quoted as the results were the combined totals for all towns present. In contrast the results for our town were Ron Paul 2, everyone else 0. I don't have the breakdowns for each individual town.

miketwalker
02-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Although the delegates are important, the straw poll results are very important for a media push tonight. Hopefully it's just early and we will see a sway in our favor.

Good luck everyone in Maine.

IDefendThePlatform
02-02-2008, 11:49 AM

Just a piece of friendly advice, if I may, Rufus. If you can't find Paul supporters to fill the last 5 slots, it might be nice to leave them empty. :)

Thanks for being a delegate, good work!

RufusTDoofus
02-02-2008, 11:50 AM
We already discussed that idea too. We might not be able to get five but I'm pretty sure we can get four more for a total of 6.

IDefendThePlatform
02-02-2008, 11:51 AM
We already discussed that idea too. We might not be able to get five but I'm pretty sure we can get four more for a total of 6.

Awesome. You guys rule.

Sandra
02-02-2008, 01:33 PM
That yahoo dashboard hasn't changed in two hours.

Ron_Paul_For_Connecticut
02-02-2008, 01:36 PM
That yahoo dashboard hasn't changed in two hours.

It is the only results they have. They are the only media outlet with any results though.

nate895
02-02-2008, 01:46 PM
These are the straw poll votes, which dont matter whatsoever. The delegates are seperate, and as they are all officially "uncommitted" they will not be reported by the press. However, at least from what I have seen, Ron Paul is leading in the delegates that have been reported to us from people on the ground.

Yes, but we need to win the straw poll to show them we can win, otherwise we'll get 18 delegates today, and none on Super Tuesday, woopity-doo.

firebirdnation
02-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Yes, but we need to win the straw poll to show them we can win, otherwise we'll get 18 delegates today, and none on Super Tuesday, woopity-doo.

I agree, we have to start winning some of the straw polls and popular votes or we are going to see our support shrink. This would be a huge win for Ron Paul going into super Tuesday if we can pull off a straw poll and delegate win!