PDA

View Full Version : Iowa cacus

klamath
08-06-2007, 08:36 PM
I wanted to wait until after the straw poll to post this because I didn't want to sap energy from the straw poll effort but I see so many people putting all their hopes in this straw poll I fear a total loss of momentum if Paul doesn't do well. If we can put all our efforts into winning the straw poll that would be great however I do not feel that Iowa is the make or break state. Reagan lost Iowa! New Hampshire is the real make or break state. The people of New Hampshire do not give a damn what way Iowa votes in making up their minds on how to vote. I was thrilled when Pat Bucanan won New Hampshire in '96 but was turned off by his real isolationist stand. I still respect him but unlike Paul I think he had the wrong ideas on trade. In '96 people still wanted to stay with the tried and true beltline republicans. Well we have had 7 years of beltline republicans and it has been disgusting.
Hope for the best in Iowa but don't let it get you down if Paul doesn't win and let us focus on NEW HAMPSHIRE!:)

Bradley in DC
08-06-2007, 08:56 PM
If we can put all our efforts into winning the straw poll that would be great however I do not feel that Iowa is the make or break state.

Hope for the best in Iowa but don't let it get you down if Paul doesn't win and let us focus on NEW HAMPSHIRE!:)

Unlike Romney (because of expectations) and Tommy Thompson, Brownback, Tancredo and Huckabee, Dr. Paul does not have to do well in the straw poll to survive. Dr. Paul has money in the bank, a devoted and fast growing national following and a distinct message. That said, I hope we do very well there and continue our string of good news--it's all "upslope" for us!

I disagree on our chances in the Iowa caucus for several reasons: Iowans are very pro-life (like Dr. Paul, unlike rest of the top tier), non-interventionist (for months, a majority of Republicans in the state have told pollsters they want the US out of Iraq within six months far ahead of the rest of the country), anti-tax (pretty thrifty, no waste people), anti-war (yes, even Republicans), and they see through fake hustlers from the coasts.

But yes, let's all keep working as much as we can and hope for the best everywhere--this is OUR revolution.

inibo
08-06-2007, 09:05 PM
By all means, pull out all the stops on the Iowa straw poll, but it is registered Republican voting in the primaries that are going to make or break this race.

Psyclone
08-06-2007, 09:26 PM
I'm with Klamath. I think people have set their hopes unrealistically high for the straw poll, and I think there is going to be a big crash in enthusiasm if Dr. Paul doesn't finish in the top 4 (which would be a shame). Klamath is right, New Hampshire is the make or break state for Dr. Paul, and we need to keep up our efforts and enthusiasm regardless of the outcome in Ames on Saturday

rich34
08-06-2007, 09:28 PM
I just truely fear those that count the votes :-(