PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Ca. Rally Today

slamhead
02-02-2008, 09:17 AM
600+ Already committed to attend. Starts with a 2 mile march concluding at Balboa Park for a rally with music and guest speakers.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/93/calendar/7082187/

slamhead
02-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Bump

hopeforamerica
02-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Awesome!!! You guys should set up a massive canvassing effort to follow! Just go out for one hour. Can you imagine how many house you get covered with that amount of people?

tommyzDad
02-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Awesome!!! You guys should set up a massive canvassing effort to follow! Just go out for one hour. Can you imagine how many house you get covered with that amount of people?

+1

hueylong
02-02-2008, 10:33 AM
bump

sgrooms
02-02-2008, 10:55 AM
i couldnt make it....

BUT, i'm getting about 12 NON-RP supporters (with open minds still) to attend it in my absence. please welcome them.

Perry
02-02-2008, 11:15 AM
If 600 are committed there'll be 1500+.

tamor
02-02-2008, 11:21 AM
That's great - we were going to have a walk today in Illinois, but a foot of snow cancelled it ---boohoo

FSP-Rebel
02-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Is there gonna be a live stream? If not, could someone record this thing for us?

mexicanpizza
02-02-2008, 10:20 PM
My mini review...

Best things:
There had to have been at least >1000 people. Enthusiasm was high, we had FULL polite support from the SDPD...blocking intersections for the march which stretched for at least 4-5 blocks as I could see.

The first band was great. The Ron Paul clips were great. Then we left... :(

Worst things:
RP couldn't make it, so it seemed they were a bit light on content. The first speaker Susan Schenk (sp?) rambled on for >10 minutes about how chemotherapy is evil and conspiracy this and that and drug companies are evil, etc. Nothing at all to do with Ron Paul.

We just bailed...as did a lot of other people. Every other sentence was a plug for her book. I was really put off. Otherwise it seemed pretty well organized...except I got the distinct feeling that people were selling RP materials they got free from the campaign.

Oh well...free market eh... ;)

InLoveWithRon
02-02-2008, 10:23 PM
My mini review...

Best things:
There had to have been at least >1000 people. Enthusiasm was high, we had FULL polite support from the SDPD...blocking intersections for the march which stretched for at least 4-5 blocks as I could see.

The first band was great. The Ron Paul clips were great. Then we left... :(

Worst things:
RP couldn't make it, so it seemed they were a bit light on content. The first speaker Susan Schenk (sp?) rambled on for >10 minutes about how chemotherapy is evil and conspiracy this and that and drug companies are evil, etc. Nothing at all to do with Ron Paul.

We just bailed...as did a lot of other people. Every other sentence was a plug for her book. I was really put off. Otherwise it seemed pretty well organized...except I got the distinct feeling that people were selling RP materials they got free from the campaign.

Oh well...free market eh... ;)

interesting

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Lol, the march sounded fun, the "speakers" looked kinda lame even just looking at the schedule. It should have just been a march with a little reggae concert at the end or something.