PDA

View Full Version : Voting today, really bad roads!

gagnonstudio
02-02-2008, 06:52 AM
Well the weather up here in Northern Maine is bad. We had snow all night (probably got around 8 or 10 inches). Today it is freezing rain. Hopefully this will help in our favor. It is supposed to clear up by 4PM though, and us Northerners are used to driving on crappy roads.

They did a survey on our local news the other night asking residents if they were going to vote in the caucus( I'm not sure how large the sample was).
18% said most likely
54% said not likely
28% said "what's a caucus?"

They also said that Ron Paul will probably win our area, because he's the only one who has any signs up.

I know of about 10 people going to vote for Ron Paul today, and will be there for sure. Hopefully Central Aroostook County will deliver.

Agora
02-02-2008, 06:54 AM
have a good trip! :)

chris198
02-02-2008, 07:04 AM
Have a SAFE trip

MJfromCT
02-02-2008, 07:34 AM
;)Good luck, were all counting on you.

Mopsus
02-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Be safe.

tommyzDad
02-02-2008, 07:37 AM
LMAO...Ah man. Talk about millisecond mood swings. All that shows up in the thread title is "Voting today, really bad." So before I click I'm thinking the worst; then I see "....bad roads!"

I need a drink this morning!!! :eek:

freedom-maniac
02-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Don't always go by signs to measure success. RP had the most signs in NH. So many that people thought he was a real estate agent, (or so I've heard).

gagnonstudio
02-02-2008, 07:59 AM
Don't always go by signs to measure success. RP had the most signs in NH. So many that people thought he was a real estate agent, (or so I've heard).

I'm not going by the signs, the local news was. I still think we'll do great here though, just from people I've talked to.

Thanks everyone, the voting place is only 15 minutes away from my house, so it shouldn't be too much of a drive.

The One
02-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Be safe, we don't want you in an accident, but if you should get in an accident.....please make sure it's on the way home after you've voted.:D:D:D

Badger Paul
02-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Make sure our voters have rides to the caucus if they need them.

RufusTDoofus
02-02-2008, 10:54 AM
We attended our local caucus this morning in Somerset County. The turnout was pretty low according to the people organizing it. A handful of party die-hards weren't in attendance most likely due to widespread power outages and really poor road conditions.

There were a number of towns participating in our location: Bingham, Caratunk, Embden, Highland Plt. ,Moscow, New Portland, Pleasant Ridge Plt., Solon, The Forks Plt., West Forks Plt.

Results were : Romney 10, McCain 6, Paul 5, Huckabee 2.

We had to travel 28 miles to our caucus location. Some of the other towns were even farther. The good news is my wife and I were the only people to show up from our town. Our town is eligible for 7 delegates to the State convention in May. We get to pick five other people to be delegates to fill the vacant seats. I expect that it will be similar in other areas that were hit hard by last night's storm.

Iconoclast777
02-02-2008, 10:56 AM
be safe, vote Paul...

Sarge
02-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Thank you for the update,

All leave early for caucus and be safe.

It sounds like we need to round up more people and get them out.

Let the older ones stay home and we take more delegates. It sounds like it can be done if we can get more potential delegates out the door.

It sounds like a few more people at each location and you all can pull this off. You may have to car pool them in if they are afraid to drive.

Please pull this one off for Dr. Paul and all of us holding our breath today.

raiha
02-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Don't people have chains?

RufusTDoofus
02-02-2008, 05:22 PM
This morning it would have required chains for a 2WD car or 4WD. We had to use 4WD the whole way to the caucus. Even with 4WD there were points where we were slipping and sliding around.

The roads are clear as of 2:30 this afternoon.