PDA

View Full Version : A Profile in courage - Congressman Ron Paul

CaliforniaGold
02-02-2008, 02:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Fek1kGSzU

I watched this youtube video about Ron Paul in Simi valley following the Regan Library debate and I must admit I was very touched. Seeing him so happy, even a little cocky, just made me smile deep into my heart.
In the wild crazy world we all live in to see this humble, decent, thoughtful, intelligent, mild mannered, very honorable man finally getting the respect he has always deserved. To see him being cheered and shouted to and applauded and lauded warmed my heart.

Because this is truly a great American hero. We see it, but the rest of the country hasn't caught on yet. But they will. There will be movies and books written about this time. It will be the story of a man who fought with the same principles for twenty years almost alone and unacknowledged, snickered at and devalued.

To think that while I was living my life and knowing nothing about this man and all that time he was fighting for you and for me. And all of those that got the big money, and the acclaim and the fame and the power who have come and gone, arisen and fallen and yet here we are twenty years later and they all pale by comparison to the man we all support.

I called my kids over and showed them the money widget going up and up and up. I explained to them that after years of thankless service Dr. Ron Paul is being rewarded for his integrity and his courage. I told them that the American people are good people but we have had bad leaders and that we are so greatful to have this amazing man for our leader that we just want to embrace him and reward his efforts and I told them to remember this when they grow up. Follow the true path and you will be rewarded when your time comes. I think the giggle in RP's voice at Simi Valley relays that message.

The humble decent man who worked without notice all these years quietly is now on Leno! He is a YouTube Rock star and he is a Legend in the making.

Of course he is many things more then that.
I feel like a better person just for being his supporter. I can imagine how it would feel to see him sworn in and to know that he is My President and that I can now sleep well knowing that Liberty is well and safe and prized once again.

Dr. Ron Paul is proof that one man can change a life, even a nation.

I am deeply touched by his courage. If I am half as successful as a human and an American, I will be satisfied. I have such respect for this small, quiet humble giant. I will be honored on Tuesday when I cast my vote for him. I have never had that experience before and I can't wait.

Chomsky
02-02-2008, 03:17 AM
Great Speech thanks for posting!

jbuttell
02-02-2008, 03:39 AM
thank you - excellent!

dblee
02-02-2008, 04:59 AM
AMEN!!!!

someone should use this speech at a caucus omg.

CaliforniaGold
02-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Well, this is less of a speech then just my heartfelt observations but if anyone wanted to use it in anyway to promote Congressman Paul they would certainly have my permission. And thanks for the kind words!