PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee wasn’t whining! (Why do you think Ron Paul would whine?)

beachmaster
02-02-2008, 01:36 AM
Anyone who watched the Republican debate on CNN could not have helped notice how the questions went down the line, from Mitt Romney to John McCain, and then skipped over Ron Paul. This happened on several occasions. Eventually, the other candidate on the stage, Mike Huckabee, got so disgusted that he spoke up in protest, wondering why the “spigot” of questions had been turned off for him, too. “I didn’t come here to umpire a ballgame between these two,” Huckabee said, referring to Romney and McCain. “I came here to get a chance to swing at a few myself.” Huckabee wasn’t whining; he was telling the truth about how the media try to rig the process.

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272618633.shtml

So many here keep saying if Ron Paul would have asserted himself at the debates regarding not being giving time to speak it would have been perceived as "whining".

Some of us have said Bullshit!

Some of us apparently were right. Mike Huckabee was not called a whiner for standing up! Why would Ron Paul be?

Jeezus when will we stand up and be counted?

Airborn
02-02-2008, 01:41 AM
Ron did say something once, trying to answer the previous question but was stopped and lied to by AC. But yeh he should have said more and called them out for skipping him and cutting him off.

silverhandorder
02-02-2008, 01:42 AM
Because there is a much bigger sentiment against Paul. Also besides that Paul really did not have the opportunity that Huck had. They did not throw Paul any extra time.

Shink
02-02-2008, 01:44 AM
Yeah, well, I don't see why Huck pretends to care since he's planning to roll over to McCain anyway. A McCain/Huck ticket would get LAUGHED out of the country.

Feelgood
02-02-2008, 01:50 AM
Apparently you do not understand what the CFR (www.cfr.org) is, and is all about, and who the members are. Take a look at the pecking order...

Mitt Romney = CFR member
John McCain = CFR Member
Mike Huckabee = Wannabe CFR member
Ron Paul = CFR worst nightmare

Now that you know the pecking order, take a look at the talk times allocated to these candidates. After that, go read up on the CFR and then go and google the words "operation mockingbird" and find out for yourself. Read up on these two things, and youll be able to answer your own questions...

newyearsrevolution08
02-02-2008, 01:54 AM
All he needs to do in a debate is this

call out EACH candidate EVERYTIME he speaks so he can get a nice come back and be able to then respond to it.

Mccain - war
Huckster - abolish the irs
mittens romney - economy as well as HOW he can claim a balanced budget with the neg budget he is running atm.

speak the truth, then talk about 1 candidate to get a response and then be able to respond, go to the next question and speak the truth then call the next one out.

It can happen better that way rather then trying to get MORE talking time because the assholes always cut him off.

Shink
02-02-2008, 01:59 AM
Apparently you do not understand what the CFR (www.cfr.org) is, and is all about, and who the members are. Take a look at the pecking order...

Mitt Romney = CFR member
John McCain = CFR Member
Mike Huckabee = Wannabe CFR member
Ron Paul = CFR worst nightmare

Now that you know the pecking order, take a look at the talk times allocated to these candidates. After that, go read up on the CFR and then go and google the words "operation mockingbird" and find out for yourself. Read up on these two things, and youll be able to answer your own questions...

If you're talking to me, you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm waaay deep into conspiracy research. And anyone who doesn't like it can, as Randy would say, piss up a rope.:cool:

TrueFreedom
02-02-2008, 02:01 AM
Mitt Romney is not a member of the CFR.

chrismatthews
02-02-2008, 02:19 AM
Huck was called out as a whiner on National Review for his efforts. They compared him to Kucinich and Keyes.

chelu
02-02-2008, 02:24 AM
Didn't Huckabee get 2x the time of Dr. Paul? I'm sorry that's whining. Ron Paul is above all that. Remember now, Gandhi is a hero of his, and what did he champion? It's all about peaceful resistance.

beachmaster
02-02-2008, 02:26 AM
Huck was called out as a whiner on National Review for his efforts. They compared him to Kucinich and Keyes.

I missed that one. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. However, I saw one one of the news channels the following morning do a segment on this topic and interviewed Huck via phone and made him out to be almost a hero for standing his ground. True, they wouldn't do that with Dr. Paul. Biased bastards will have to answer one of these days.

gerryb
02-02-2008, 02:32 AM

CFR doesn't provide member lists any more...

Hate to do guilt by association, but I think the connections are clear. Family history + his worldview = CFR member in my eyes. Plus, isn't it a requirement to be in the CFR in order to control a $50 Billion hedge fund like Bain Capital? =P

Nixon was a CFR member. Romney's father was in the Nixon cabinent & as far as I remember, only CFR members have gotten a cabinent post in the last 50 years, (plus a search on their website gets you tons of views.)
Which includes the following statements:
...Romney elaborates in a summer 2007 Foreign Affairs article, saying he would like to create a "Partnership for Prosperity and Progress" aimed at supporting moderate Muslims in economic, health, rule of law and other areas to help them "defeat radical and violent Islam." (FA is the CFR in house publication)

Rhys
02-02-2008, 03:08 AM
When AC cut him off, I wanted him to do something like "I'm running for President of the United States of America, I deserve the right to finish my sentence."

Like when Regan said "I paid for this microphone, you wont cut it off" when they tried to turn off his mic at a primary debate before his first term.

Feelgood
02-02-2008, 03:11 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5CZvD3-QM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

pacelli
02-02-2008, 03:21 AM

Link to Romney's piece on the CFR website below this quoted article summary from Foreign Affairs Magazine,

Rising to a New Generation of Global Challenges

Author:
Mitt Romney

July/August 2007
Foreign Affairs

Washington is as divided on foreign policy as it has been at any point in the last 50 years. As the "greatest generation" did before us, we must move beyond political camps to unite around bold actions in order to build a strong America and a safer world. We must strengthen our military and economy, achieve energy independence, reenergize civilian and interagency capabilities, and revitalize our alliances.

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20070701faessay86402/mitt-romney/rising-to-a-new-generation-of-global-challenges.html

Info on Foreign Affairs Magazine from cfr.org :

Over the years, articles in Foreign Affairs have influenced U.S. policy both directly and indirectly, offering solutions for immediate problems while also focusing attention on broader questions of enduring importance. With circulation at an all-time high of 140,000, the bimonthly Foreign Affairs is well-positioned to help citizens, students, and policy-makers meet the fresh challenges of the twenty-first century.

The editor of Foreign Affairs is James F. Hoge Jr., only the fifth editor in the magazine’s eighty-three-year history.

Foreign Affairs is widely considered to be one of the most influential publications on international affairs or any topic. Recently, Foreign Affairs was ranked No.1 in influence among U.S. opinion leaders in a national study conducted by Erdos and Morgan, the premier business-to-business research firm. The findings place Foreign Affairs ahead of all media, both print and broadcast, including the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Post.

http://www.cfr.org/about/foreign_affairs.html

Rhys
02-02-2008, 03:27 AM
How does one go about joining the CFR? I wanna be powerful. :P

bcreps85
02-02-2008, 03:31 AM
The one time RP did try to say something, AC cut him off. Actually, RP is the only one AC kept cutting off.

Simple fact is, it would have done no good.

literatim
02-02-2008, 03:39 AM

Yes he is.