PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher says "American Presence is why they are attacking us"

thomaseusin
02-02-2008, 01:30 AM
Unbelievable. I'm watching Real Time with Bill Maher right now.. He openly says he supports Obama, yet he says this:

"McCain said that people are angry about American casualties, not American presence. Yet, American Presence in the Middle East is exactly the problem, and the reason why bin Laden etc is attacking us. They attack us because we are over there!"

This sounds awefully familiar! Does Bill Maher know what RP's foreign policy is??

qh4dotcom
02-02-2008, 01:33 AM
I guess he does...unfortunately many potential McCain voters watching that show will not "get it"

RSLudlum
02-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Yes he knows Paul's ideas on foriegn policy and has praised him for it in the past...sadly though he hasn't really mentioned Paul too much lately. :(

IDefendThePlatform
02-02-2008, 01:36 AM
Bill Maher called RP the best candidate out of the Republicans. He also showed Ron some serious love when RP was on his show. Some of it is in this youtube vid (along with other great endorsements)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GahDESc5zFw

AHIGHERGOD
02-02-2008, 01:37 AM
im watching now too. not ONE mention of Ron Paul so far.

qh4dotcom
02-02-2008, 01:38 AM
Al-Qaeda has said that if the US pulls out of Iraq they will lose...because they will have no more American soldiers to kill over there.

derdy
02-02-2008, 01:39 AM
the powers that be have their fingers in everything. Otherwise, Dr. Paul would be exalted at all times on Maher's show.

thomaseusin
02-02-2008, 01:43 AM
it's really odd. not once did he mention RP but everything he says seems to echo RP's message.

of course he had damn Frank Luntz on the show..

derdy
02-02-2008, 01:45 AM
it's really odd. not once did he mention RP but everything he says seems to echo RP's message.

of course he had damn Frank Luntz on the show..

It's almost as if he can't mention Ron Paul, yet he's getting Dr. Paul's message out there ;)

Ron Paul Fan
02-02-2008, 01:50 AM
He doesn't agree with Ron Paul on many economic and social issues. Everybody knows that Maher is a liberal. He also thinks Paul has no chance at becoming President which is pretty much guaranteed at this point. Maher is going with the candidate that best represents his ideals as a whole and someone who has a realistic chance at winning. Nothing wrong with that. He's mentioned Ron Paul in the past and even had him on his show twice. It's not some crazy conspiracy against Ron Paul by the powers that be as someone mentioned above. Some of you need to take a good hard look at all of the really stupid things that you say.

obsolescence
02-02-2008, 02:06 AM
Bill Maher didn't defend Ron Paul when the newsletter accusations was brought up in one of those "Overtime" segments a while ago.

Rhys
02-02-2008, 02:56 AM
I would hope he doesn't get too hype on Ron Paul... he's not exactly the most popular for our target voter.

derdy
02-02-2008, 03:04 AM
He doesn't agree with Ron Paul on many economic and social issues. Everybody knows that Maher is a liberal. He also thinks Paul has no chance at becoming President which is pretty much guaranteed at this point. Maher is going with the candidate that best represents his ideals as a whole and someone who has a realistic chance at winning. Nothing wrong with that. He's mentioned Ron Paul in the past and even had him on his show twice. It's not some crazy conspiracy against Ron Paul by the powers that be as someone mentioned above. Some of you need to take a good hard look at all of the really stupid things that you say.

Well, gee thanks Ron Paul Fan for your exclusive backstage pass access into the Bill Maher brain!

So you're Bill's press secretary as you said, "Maher is going with the candidate that best represents his ideals as a whole and someone who has a realistic chance at winning."

Wow! So, Ron Paul doesn't have a chance of winning?! Are you sure you're not an Obama fan?

Crazy conspiracy? Gee, let's see:

Bill Maher disses anyone who questions 9/11 as those that need to be on psychoactive drugs! Imagine that, Americans question the official story?! Jesus, what's next? The Earth goes around the Sun?

No, Ron Paul Fan, you are a fucking dipshit, I've looked long and hard at the things that I say and compare them to yours, such as your suggestion that Ron Paul can't win, and I determine that I'm the REAL Ron Paul Fan!

Goodnight!

bcreps85
02-02-2008, 03:47 AM
He has said that RP is the best Republican, and one of his personal heroes. I like Bill Mahr, but the honest to god truth is that he is a Democrat and very liberal. I don't agree with him on much, however.

derdy
02-02-2008, 03:51 AM
He has said that RP is the best Republican, and one of his personal heroes. I like Bill Mahr, but the honest to god truth is that he is a Democrat and very liberal. I don't agree with him on much, however.

Again, as you have cited, but RonPaulFan will apologize for, why is it that Ron Paul is his hero, and is still in the race for the GOP nomination yet he doesn't mention his name yet mentions his message? hmmmm......

Paulitician
02-02-2008, 04:01 AM
Is it really a surprise or disappointment that he didn't mention Ron Paul, or are you guys that clueless? His statement should be clear to us that he still agrees completely with Ron Paul on the implications of our foreign occupations--but of course it's not like Ron Paul is the only person to have those views. Why then mention Ron Paul when he is not your favorite candidate (albeit your favorite Republican candidate), when you're proabably not voting for him, and when Ron Paul is no longer a "real" contender for the nominee much less president at this point in time? You guys should be disappointed he didn't mention Mike Gravel either. So quit wasting your time over such obvious and frankly trivial happenings. You could be doing something much better with your time and thoughts.

derdy
02-02-2008, 04:10 AM
Is it really a surprise or disappointment that he didn't mention Ron Paul, or are you guys that clueless? His statement should be clear to us that he still agrees completely with Ron Paul on the implications of our foreign occupations--but of course it's not like Ron Paul is the only person to have those views.

No, it's not like Ron Paul is the only person to have those views on foreign policy, but he is the only candidate running for president to have those views! duh!

If Maher was the Iraq-war-concerned-liberal he claims to be, he would be promoting Ron Paul 24x7. Obama and Clinton have nothing on him

Paulitician
02-02-2008, 04:14 AM
No, it's not like Ron Paul is the only person to have those views on foreign policy, but he is the only candidate running for president to have those views! duh!

If Maher was the Iraq-war-concerned-liberal he claims to be, he would be promoting Ron Paul 24x7. Obama and Clinton have nothing on him
And that is why I brought up Mike Gravel.

But you're saying Bill Maher should be supporting, or at least showing support for Ron Paul because if he doesn't that means he's lacks integrity or something. Well, so what? I can't blame him for not showing more support for Ron Paul. It doesn't really matter and that's life. Move on to bigger and more important battles in this election.

derdy
02-02-2008, 04:35 AM
And that is why I brought up Mike Gravel.

But you're saying Bill Maher should be supporting, or at least showing support for Ron Paul because if he doesn't that means he's lacks integrity or something. Well, so what? I can't blame him for not showing more support for Ron Paul. It doesn't really matter and that's life. Move on to bigger and more important battles in this election.

Bill Maher should at least show to his viewing audience that there is still a Republican that has been against the Iraq-war from the very beginning. To do otherwise is to be like the rest of the media and that is to be disingenious.

You're telling me that Bill Maher should speak similarly on the same subject matter as Ron Paul in this presidential election and not mention Ron Paul by name even though he is still in the race, unlike your pathetic example of Mike Gravel??

Are you RonPaulFan?

You're right though. That's life. The media will ignore Dr. Paul becuase they are the biggest lobby in Washingon and as Paul supporters know, Paul doesn't accept lobbiests.

InLoveWithRon
02-02-2008, 04:41 AM
Bill Maher probably thinks Ron Paul is no longer in the race since Ron is never on the news..

bcreps85
02-02-2008, 04:45 AM
Again, as you have cited, but RonPaulFan will apologize for, why is it that Ron Paul is his hero, and is still in the race for the GOP nomination yet he doesn't mention his name yet mentions his message? hmmmm......

I see your point, and even agree to some extent, but still disagree for a few reasons.

You have to remember that he is a Democrat who wants a nanny welfare state. That isn't the message Ron Paul preaches, so why should he go out of his way to mention him? He is a Democrat, and as such he remains loyal to his party, right or wrong...I say it is wrong, but guess what...we have plenty of Republicans who are the same way...and most of them are voting for McCain.

Hell, for all we know he was intimidated into not mentioning him again...the fact is we don't know why he talked him up for a while and then stopped suddenly. We just saw Montel Williams lose his show for bringing up a very good point and catching people on Fox off guard. I wouldn't be surprised if Bill was met with an ultimatum...if he loses his show he's not going to be able to speak out anyway, now is he?

Paulitician
02-02-2008, 04:47 AM
I'm not RonPaulFan. I found we agree on some things though.

Anywhoo, Bill Maher will continue to do what he's doing. To expect otherwise makes no difference. To want otherwise will make no difference. Please, just move on to bigger and more meaningful battles.

devil21
02-02-2008, 05:08 AM
I watch Real Time every week. I think Bill just doesnt to give further exposure to a Republican with a sensible foreign policy. That would undermine his rantings on Iraq and the Republican party. In short, he'd look foolish to be a liberal cheerleader while also praising a Republican. Regardless, I like Bill Maher.

thuja
02-02-2008, 05:11 AM
It's almost as if he can't mention Ron Paul, yet he's getting Dr. Paul's message out there ;)

i often get the impression that there is some sort of penalty if they mention him. wish someone could find out.

Ron Paul Fan
02-02-2008, 05:12 AM
Bill Maher should at least show to his viewing audience that there is still a Republican that has been against the Iraq-war from the very beginning. To do otherwise is to be like the rest of the media and that is to be disingenious.

You're telling me that Bill Maher should speak similarly on the same subject matter as Ron Paul in this presidential election and not mention Ron Paul by name even though he is still in the race, unlike your pathetic example of Mike Gravel??

Are you RonPaulFan?

You're right though. That's life. The media will ignore Dr. Paul becuase they are the biggest lobby in Washingon and as Paul supporters know, Paul doesn't accept lobbiests.

It's Bill Maher's show. He can say whatever the fuck he wants. Why is he obligated to mention Ron Paul? He's not! And as I mentioned before, Maher has talked about Ron Paul on his show in the past AND has had him on his show TWICE! Is he really ignoring Ron Paul? Ron Paul has been on mainstream media show after show, from Meet the Press to the Tonight Show to Face the Nation and so on. His message just hasn't caught on and I don't know why some of you don't understand that libertarianism just isn't accepted by a lot of people. If it were, Ron Paul's numbers would be higher.

Bill Maher disses people who believe in the 9/11 truth conspiracy AS DO MOST SANE PEOPLE! Do you not understand this yet? There are a lot of people here who think that the 9/11 truth conspiracy is completely and utterly ridiculous AS DOES RON PAUL! Go ahead and call me a dipshit for saying that Ron Paul won't win. We'll see who's right after Super Tuesday. Get it through your heads people, if Ron Paul wins 1 state it'll be a miracle. McCain has taken control of the bid for the Republican nomination and that's just common sense at this point. But God forbid we listen to facts. Let's just keep concoting these 9/11 truth, Zionist media, and rigged election conspiracies and see how far that gets us.

thuja
02-02-2008, 05:16 AM
well i'm really cheery now, mr.fan.

are you in favor of another party then?

devil21
02-02-2008, 05:17 AM
Bill Maher disses people who believe in the 9/11 truth conspiracy AS DO MOST SANE PEOPLE!

Not to stir the pot (seriously, just pointing out something) but didn't Bill get fired from another show for questioning the official 9/11 explanation? All of a sudden he has an HBO show and now hes swearing off Truthers? Come on....

thuja
02-02-2008, 05:20 AM
probably he cannot mention it due to some threat.

LibertyEagle
02-02-2008, 05:20 AM
the powers that be have their fingers in everything. Otherwise, Dr. Paul would be exalted at all times on Maher's show.

Nah. I think he fell for that newsletter thing.

Paulitician
02-02-2008, 05:21 AM
It's Bill Maher's show. He can say whatever the fuck he wants. Why is he obligated to mention Ron Paul? He's not! And as I mentioned before, Maher has talked about Ron Paul on his show in the past AND has had him on his show TWICE! Is he really ignoring Ron Paul? Ron Paul has been on mainstream media show after show, from Meet the Press to the Tonight Show to Face the Nation and so on. His message just hasn't caught on and I don't know why some of you don't understand that libertarianism just isn't accepted by a lot of people. If it were, Ron Paul's numbers would be higher.
Pretty much agreed with your rant which I cropped. Just wanted to say that Ron Paul not winning or not doing well is not so much an indication that libertarianism isn't accepted or Ron Paul isn't accepted. There was a figure sometime at the end of last year that said only 50% of all American voters know of Ron Paul (and I figure that most who did probably had very little knowledge of him, and of that little knowledge most of that was disinformation). I doubt that has changed much. Yes, Ron Paul has been given a lot of media time, but it's nothing compared to Mitt Romney, John McCain, Mike Huckabee etc. as I'm sure you know. However, I am now of the opinion if that in an alternate universe Ron Paul did get a decent amount of media exposure, he still wouldn't be able to get far to actually win either the nomination or presidency. The American people are just too stupid. Also, some of the campaign (grassroots or official) isn't helping.

thuja
02-02-2008, 05:24 AM
i guess we are really in big trouble if all the stupid people are in charge of us.

brandon13830
02-02-2008, 05:26 AM
Not to stir the pot (seriously, just pointing out something) but didn't Bill get fired from another show for questioning the official 9/11 explanation? All of a sudden he has an HBO show and now hes swearing off Truthers? Come on....

He got fired for saying this: "We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly."

thehittgirl
02-02-2008, 06:46 AM
Al-Qaeda has said that if the US pulls out of Iraq they will lose...because they will have no more American soldiers to kill over there.

What's the source of that? If it's MSM, I don't buy it. It's probably propaganda to keep our war going.

ValidusCustodiae
02-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Looks like B.M. is due for an email bomb.

gjdavis60
02-02-2008, 07:16 AM
I watched the show last night and it was another establishment propaganda fest. The theme of much of the discussion was how Obama was the best Democratic candidate because he is less reviled by the Republicans and therefore has a better chance of winning the general election. Not much talk at all about policies and specifics; just who could beat whom. This is typical of what the media produces about our political process. It is like an NFL pre-game show, devoid of almost any consideration or judgment about the candidates' merit or suitability to the job for which they are running. Issues, when they are raised, are reduced to clichés and sound bites.

This conversation was right on par with McCain's and Romney's "who said what when" exchange at the last debate: irrelevant and misleading.

The fact is the Democrats could run a used condom and win against either McCain or Romney and all of this rhetoric is simply a diversion for the sake of entertaining the masses. I've seen more substantive discussion leading up to a WWE pay-per-view.

One of the reasons Dr. Paul does not fare better in the media (and the polls) is because this country is conditioned to think about politics like a sporting event; looking no further than the election, and virtually ignoring what the candidate would or should do once in office. Within this sporting metaphor the problems facing the country are swept aside, garnering about as much consideration as Tom Brady's golf game in the off-season.

I had to change the channel to stave off nausea.