PDA

View Full Version : My Experience at the Denver Ron Paul Rally Tonight!

morlhzd
02-02-2008, 01:00 AM
F'ing Amazing! The Rally was held at the 4 Season's Grand Ballroom at the Denver Convention Center. To put this in context the Denver Convention center was selected to host the democratic convention this year - this is the largest/best ballroom at the convention center.

NO Audience in History will ever surpass the excitment tonight!!! (even when the Dems meet here later this year to select there official candidate).

When I first heard Dr. Paul speak tonight, my heart was in my throat and I could barely mutter the words "Ron Paul, Ron Paul" - it was profound (my eyes swelled). It was one of the only times In my life (30 yrs of them) - that I have ever been overcome by emotion..

Between 3,000 - 5,000 people stuffed into this ballroom that only sat (comfortably) 1,600. Personally I think it was well past 4,000 mark - as the number of people standing or sitting in the aisles (or in the hallway outside) outnumbered the people with seats easily 5 to 1.

Paul's speech was great (It was my first time hearing him live) - he had all the common elements plus many new enlightenments and talking points (and lasted at least 45 minutes). At many times the whole crowd erupted in profound and uncontrollable chants of "Ron Paul, Ron Paul" - the enthuthiasm of which I can not adequately convey with mere words (watch the video).

When he talked about the Federal Reserve and Central banks - everyone chanted ("end the fed, end the fed, end the fed -- YEAH")!! - This was an amazing response, and clear vision to end the most harmful and destructive policy of the government/ruling class elitists.

---
Tonight I realized that I would DIE (give up my life willingly) for the message (of freedom and peace) that Ron Paul (AND YOU) spreads -- Ron knows that this is not his message, BUT OUR MESSAGE. Ron is a talking head - (a good one) but only that. I'm in it, all the way to the end. RON PAUL! RON PAUL! Let us not ever forget!

Tomorrow I will be canvassing and putting up more signs - It's only going to work if you do the same! YOU must spread the word, we are still few.

virginiakid
02-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Awesome......!

RonPaulVolunteer
02-02-2008, 01:07 AM
This was the rally where I got to interview Ron. Unfortunately I did not get the 10 minutes with him one on one as I requested, but I did get to ask several good questions with long winded but good answers.

The real prize of the night though, is that I did get to interview Carol Paul for about 10 minutes one on one, and Valori and Laura, his granddaughters. I will be posting the audio of these interviews tomorrow.

Revolution9
02-02-2008, 01:09 AM
F'ing Amazing!<snipped ot make a point>
---
Tonight I realized that I would DIE (give up my life willingly) for the message (of freedom and peace) that Ron Paul (AND YOU) spreads -- Ron knows that this is not his message, BUT OUR MESSAGE. Ron is a talking head - (a good one) but only that. I'm in it, all the way to the end. RON PAUL! RON PAUL! Let us not ever forget!

Tomorrow I will be canvassing and putting up more signs - It's only going to work if you do the same! YOU must spread the word, we are still few.

We are going to do everything we say we are.

Randy

raiha
02-02-2008, 01:27 AM
You lucky thing! Green with envy I am!

slantedview
02-02-2008, 01:31 AM
awesome. glad you were able to experience it.

parke
02-02-2008, 01:34 AM
I got a similar feeling at RPs BBQ birthday party in TX. It was standing room only and he got at least 8 ovations. I hope every supporter gets to hear him live at least once.

This message brings us all together.

Thank God for Ron Paul.

morlhzd
02-02-2008, 01:49 AM
I got a similar feeling at RPs BBQ birthday party in TX. It was standing room only and he got at least 8 ovations. I hope every supporter gets to hear him live at least once.
This message brings us all together.
Thank God for Ron Paul.

8 Ovations ha - tonight we had at least 20-30 standing ovations!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry to call out -- but it is important to know that his (OUR) message keeps growing with strength each day!)

RonPaulFanInGA
02-02-2008, 01:52 AM
Any YouTube videos of this yet?

morlhzd
02-02-2008, 01:58 AM
You can watch it on Colorado's 9news.com

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=85630

and follow the links on the side of that page - i.e :

http://www.9news.com/video/player.aspx?aid=47767&bw=

etc -- in this version the noise almost overpowers the quality (the camera's were right next to the stage).

HOPEFULLY there will be a better version on YouTube soon (so much background noise distorts some of it) -

the camera's were right next to the stage and didn't show the full breadth.

adam1mc
02-02-2008, 02:09 AM
Any YouTube videos of this yet?

Here is a video I got of Dr. Paul's entrance. It shows the size of the room and crowd. I have another video of some of his autograph session uploading to youtube now. Check other video's in my channel to see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd0qJFgMkho

morlhzd
02-02-2008, 02:23 AM
YEAH YEAH YEAH -- That youtube was great.

At least another 500-1000 showed up after Paul first got on stage (vid above) (cause of a really bad accident in Westminster which slowed US 36 (to denver) down to a crawl. ---- I know cause I caught the early slow down from this mess (but still made it to opening remarks by Dr. Paul at 6:15) - if anyone left on time instead of early they'd of missed the opening (assuming they were coming from Boulder/Westminster/Broomfield/Arvada area.

scandinaviany3
02-02-2008, 02:38 AM
Boy the delivery and version of his speech has been changed...its much ..much better...

If he keeps this up and keeps adapting it its going to be very tough

adam1mc
02-02-2008, 02:47 AM
YEAH YEAH YEAH -- That youtube was great.

At least another 500-1000 showed up after Paul first got on stage (vid above) (cause of a really bad accident in Westminster which slowed US 36 (to denver) down to a crawl. ---- I know cause I caught the early slow down from this mess (but still made it to opening remarks by Dr. Paul at 6:15) - if anyone left on time instead of early they'd of missed the opening (assuming they were coming from Boulder/Westminster/Broomfield/Arvada area.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I left work in Boulder about 3:15 and picked my girlfriend up in Broomfield on the way. We were pretty much dead stopped on Hwy 36 for about 30 minutes behind this wreck. I think we lucked out as it seemed to have happened just minutes before we arrived at that location. Police were just getting on the scene as we were passing.

I've been doing the daily drive from S. Denver to Boulder now for close to 3 years now. Man, I hate that road.

morlhzd
02-02-2008, 02:49 AM
Boy the delivery and version of his speech has been changed...its much ..much better...

YEAH!

morlhzd
02-02-2008, 03:07 AM
Bump - sorry, never bumped before - but this is important.

Seattle4RonPaul
02-02-2008, 03:23 AM
Way to go Colorado!

morlhzd
02-02-2008, 03:24 AM
yeah!

Malakai0
02-02-2008, 03:28 AM
I was at the rally after the youtube debate. Yeah, people find it hard to understand how I could be so passionate about a politician.

If you haven't really had that shining moment when everything about freedom starts to make sense, they can't understand. Those of us who have been to an event live know the revolution in a way others don't as well.
We are few and far between, spread all over various walks of life and social classes. I encounter people with passion for freedom very rarely if ever in real life. Being with so many of like mind, and having the greatest leader you could have ever hoped for encourage you and tell you it's ok is amazing. All day I am beat down for such 'ideological nonsense' from so many sources, sometimes you start to think maybe you're wrong after all. Ron is right there to say, hey i've been at it my whole life, stick with it because we know we are right. And hundreds/thousands around you are saying the same.

Before the rally, and all day at the events the hundreds of supporters were at, the conversations and feeling of belonging was just as awesome. My small group that went around the area in the rain with signs and cheered had such a blast.
Striking up a conversation about monetary policy with a large group of mostly sub-30 strangers is pretty much impossible anywhere else.

scandinaviany3
02-02-2008, 03:41 AM
yeah!

send me a message i have a speciality slim jim that we only got to use in norther FL so far...it would be nice to get it in your hands so you all can print some out tomorrow and hand it out to seniors.

Its a real winner.

Please distribute it to all people throughout Colorado to hand out to seniors.

WE need to swing there vote and this flyer will do it.

Bilgefisher
02-02-2008, 03:44 AM
This is exactly why I suggest taking undecided folks to rallies.

morlhzd
02-02-2008, 03:51 AM
Thanks for sending those Slim Jims!

But first watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd0qJFgMkho

and think about the 500-1000 people that were stuck in traffic only to get there 10 minutes after this.

JoBurke
02-02-2008, 03:51 AM
Bless you! I am with you! Go Dr. Paul! We are behind you!

dblee
02-02-2008, 04:00 AM
i just watched the whole speech and i am SO amazed.

it's incredible that we have this man and this movement. i'm so glad to be a part of it.