PDA

View Full Version : anyone else bombarded

SRRP77
02-01-2008, 11:59 PM
i live in south jersey, not manhattan or philly- in fact my town is not huge by any means yet in the past 20 minutes i have seen 2 mccain commercials and 1 romney commercial.

yesterday I saw the same hillary commercial on CNN, 3 times in 45 minutes.

Obama and Huckabee must not have as much money as these other 3 because I saw their commercials but at lunchtime, prime time spots cost much more.

Either way I am being bombarded and the only sighting of Dr.Paul is the sign in my front yard.

virginiakid
02-02-2008, 12:02 AM
I feel your pain. The only sign period in my district that I have seen is my Ron Paul sign. Although I did see a super tiny huckabee sign on a fence hidden somewhat. But you really had to catch it just right.

JimInNY
02-02-2008, 12:04 AM
In the Albany NY region, we are being bombarded by grassroots Ron Paul radio ads, and signs everywhere.

StudentForPaul08
02-02-2008, 12:05 AM
I live 5 minutes from Philadelphia and im getting bombarded with Obama and Hilary commercials. When here in PA our primary is April 22nd. lol

firebirdnation
02-02-2008, 12:06 AM
I seen 4 commercials for John McCain (something about him being a real conservative) today and not a single one for Ron Paul.

SRRP77
02-02-2008, 12:06 AM
no ron paul anything over here in terms of on the airwaves. havent heard any radio and he is now officially the only candidate left that doesnt have a commercial at all in my county

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-02-2008, 12:08 AM
McCain has probably taken out loans to run all these ads. He's been known to do that in the past.

SRRP77
02-02-2008, 12:11 AM
yeah cnn ads...when stupid nj ppl want him anyway...we are blind, deaf and stupid in NJ. you have to be to vote for mccain

mczerone
02-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Paul can't afford to compete in NY. especially in the TV Market. the vote/$ is too low, and the only "Republicans" in the big city are the big money Romneyans.

SRRP77
02-02-2008, 12:16 AM
he can afford to have a tv commercial in southern new jersey...come on all that is around me is farmland and log cabins.

SRRP77
02-02-2008, 12:19 AM
sorry but the god forsaken commercial is on AGAIN as I am typing and it's about him being a Reagan foot soldier...after watching the debate and now just watching tv- i have probably heard that term a good 46 times.

slacker921
02-02-2008, 12:29 AM
SRRP77 - I kind of doubt the campaign will compete in NJ since the $ has a better chance in other states.. but we raised another Mill today so you never know..
It's probably too late for you to get ads running on Monday... . http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=108413 but maybe you can do it through your local cable company or through Google ads like shown in that demo?

Feelgood
02-02-2008, 12:59 AM
Well I can tell you, he is probably doing the same thing in your state he did here in Florida, spending no money on a lost cause. NJ which is more or less nothing more then an extension of NY, is so friggin liberal, that it would be a waste of money to even try. Best he will get there is 3%. Sorry to tell you this, I feel your pain, I have already been there. Here in my area of Florida, there were Ron Paul signs all over the place, people doing sign waves etc etc. No TV ads though, he ended up with 3% of the vote, and the same amount of delegates as those that spent close to $20 million here in advertising, combined.

All I can say is, dont fret. He is using the money he has to buy the commercial time he needs in other key states, to win enough of the delegates to force a brokered convention. IMO thats been his whole game plan all along. Let the others spend their money beating the hell out of each other, till they are broke and forced to drop out. Much like Reagan did to the USSR, pushed them till they were broken. Just think of it as the perfect "tortoise and the hare" scenario. That is exactly what this is. Does it really matter if you see ads in your state or not, as long as you see him raising his right hand next January to be sworn in as our next President?

PauliticsPolitics
02-02-2008, 01:03 AM
i live in south jersey, not manhattan or philly- in fact my town is not huge by any means yet in the past 20 minutes i have seen 2 mccain commercials and 1 romney commercial.

Obama and Huckabee must not have as much money as these other 3 because I saw their commercials but at lunchtime, prime time spots cost much more.

Either way I am being bombarded and the only sighting of Dr.Paul is the sign in my front yard.

raise some money - buy some local ad time. people will chip in.

newmedia4ron
02-02-2008, 01:03 AM
i live in pa and heard a ron paul commercial on neocon radio

Crickett
02-02-2008, 01:23 AM
raise some money - buy some local ad time. people will chip in.

I paid over $300 to air some in my town. Saw one tonight. Was great.

kirkblitz
02-02-2008, 01:26 AM
I paid over $300 to air some in my town. Saw one tonight. Was great.

how many ads did you get for 300?

Revolution9
02-02-2008, 01:31 AM
Well I can tell you, he is probably doing the same thing in your state he did here in Florida, spending no money on a lost cause. NJ which is more or less nothing more then an extension of NY, is so friggin liberal, that it would be a waste of money to even try. Best he will get there is 3%. Sorry to tell you this, I feel your pain, I have already been there. Here in my area of Florida, there were Ron Paul signs all over the place, people doing sign waves etc etc. No TV ads though, he ended up with 3% of the vote, and the same amount of delegates as those that spent close to $20 million here in advertising, combined.

All I can say is, dont fret. He is using the money he has to buy the commercial time he needs in other key states, to win enough of the delegates to force a brokered convention. IMO thats been his whole game plan all along. Let the others spend their money beating the hell out of each other, till they are broke and forced to drop out. Much like Reagan did to the USSR, pushed them till they were broken. Just think of it as the perfect "tortoise and the hare" scenario. That is exactly what this is. Does it really matter if you see ads in your state or not, as long as you see him raising his right hand next January to be sworn in as our next President?

Your spider sense is fine tuned. Brokered breaks the back.

Randy

Crickett
02-02-2008, 02:39 AM
how many ads did you get for 300?

166 for this weekend on cnn fox, tnt usa and the weather channel. I live in a small town, tho, which is why so cheap. I put a 187 word personal ad in bold and it was like 36.00 for 2 times..

Crickett
02-02-2008, 02:41 AM
166 for this weekend on cnn fox, tnt usa and the weather channel. I live in a small town, tho, which is why so cheap. I put a 187 word personal ad in the newspaper personals in bold and it was like 36.00 for 2 times..

And I didn't have a lot in prime time..but under 2.00/ spot average and I used frankdoggs ad.

Akus
02-02-2008, 02:55 AM

why isn't Ron Paul advertising?

alien
02-02-2008, 12:05 PM
I live in Houston. I would be willing to pitch in and run some ads here. It would probably be very expensive though so I would need some help.

What I don't understand is, with all the meetup members here, plus this is RPs home town, why the hell has no one even done anything on the cable advertising here?:eek: