PDA

View Full Version : NY Times Caucus Political Blog: Ron Paul’s Economic Adviser

Willin
02-01-2008, 11:40 PM
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/01/ron-pauls-tax-adviser/#comment-587328

As expected, this New York Times Political Blog by David Cay Johnson fails to ever mention Ron Paul's run for nomination and groundswell of exponentially growing support, but randomly will have postings that attempt to smear and marginalize the campaign.

It reports (very late in doing so) the appointment of Peter Schiff as one of Ron Paul's economic advisers - seemingly the ONLY reason they do this is to summarily reject Peter Schiff and his father's views that there is no law by congress that Americans must submit income tax... of course, the commentary ASSUMES that there are no legitimate claims in hopes that its readers simply accept everything he says.

What's so incredibly amusing and exciting about this article, is the OVERWHELMING number of comments on the end of the blog that take apart the blog post and FORCE him to make corrections to his sloppy reporting errors. Further, every claim the writer makes is taken apart piece by piece...

And I know this is only one instance in many where this type of response by readers has occurred, but I just realized the gravity of it all. Just imagine, everyone, the implications of this comment section. It literally defiles irresponsible, incomplete journalism (such as this article) that subtly marginalizes people, ideas and, ultimately, TRUTH.

It NOT a coincidence that the explosion of availability and ease of gathering of information to citizens on the internet coincides with the Ron Paul Revolution. Please be patient, persistent, and know that the aggregate effects of OUR VOICE, the voice of the people, WILL cause change for the better.

It never ceases to surprise me when Ron Paul and Noam Chomsky express this very important point NOT understood by many of their listeners/supporters... Be Patient and Work hard to what your conscience guides you to.

Listen to this recent interview on BookTV with Noam Chomsky - Chomsky so eloquently describes the considerable changes that have occurred over the last 40 years, changes that are easily overlooked and taken for granted, but when revealed EMPOWER American citizens.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1856802246516972828&q=%22noam+chomsky%22&total=1502&start=0&num=100&so=1&type=search&plindex=10

Look towards the character of those people you look up to (like Ron Paul) and THEIR actions. Hold yourself to the same values that guide their actions. READ meticulously. Research. Always subject information to critical analysis - ESPECIALLY that which comes from the people we look put to: If we are our best critic and always strictly adhere (but not without careful consideration) to a set of core moral values, principles and understanding... the Ron Paul Revolution will stay pure and true and legitimate support will continue to flood in.

mczerone
02-01-2008, 11:47 PM
It never ceases to surprise me when Ron Paul and Noam Chomsky express this very important point NOT understood by many of their listeners/supporters... Be Patient and Work hard to what your conscience guides you to.

Listen to this recent interview on BookTV with Noam Chomsky - Chomsky so eloquently describes the considerable changes that have occurred over the last 40 years, changes that are easily overlooked and taken for granted, but when revealed EMPOWER American citizens.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1856802246516972828&q=%22noam+chomsky%22&total=1502&start=0&num=100&so=1&type=search&plindex=10

I wonder if the 80 year old Chompsky would be available for a cabinet position?

RSLudlum
02-02-2008, 12:01 AM
I wonder if the 80 year old Chompsky would be available for a cabinet position?

Chomsky is NOT a Ron Paul supporter!!

see this article: http://dc.indymedia.org/newswire/display/141986/index.php

SVS2K
02-02-2008, 12:41 AM
I love the comment sections too. They serve as a great starting point for calibrating one's bullshit detector.

However, is it just me, or has the ability to leave comments DISAPPEARED on a lot of online mainstream news outlets over the last couple of months?