PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from my Aunt in Texas

SRRP77
02-01-2008, 11:35 PM
My Aunt is like 70 years old and she is the person who initially told me about who Ron Paul is. She lives in Texas, originally from NJ-relocated to Houston now a little more South in Texas.

Anyway- I called her to tell her that there was a rally in Victoria and we started to talk about politics again.

She knows Ron Paul personally (I did not know that at first). She said she knew him from town (Houston) from when he was a doctor over there and that she voted for him for local seats and in Congress, independant run for prez...etc.

She said "Everything he ever talked about has come true." It's funny because my Aunt lives down there on a huge lot of land (like 52 acres) in a brand new house.

How? She invested a lot of money into both gold and platinum years and years ago and now she is a wealthy woman who hasn't had to work for 10-15 years.

Her grandson went to Iraq and came back, is returning in 09. She said that he and his fellow colleagues all have said on numerous occasions that there is no need to be there.

Needless to say, it's fun to know someone in my family (well she is the reason for me supporting RP) has known Ron Paul since before 1988 and can attest that he has always said what he believes in and has predicted many things with the economy.

And she said her house and car are covered in Ron Paul gear and that she expects he will do well in Texas.

Jeremy
02-01-2008, 11:39 PM
She should do an ad =D

president or congressman

DXDoug
02-01-2008, 11:43 PM
nice , were all hoping for the best in texas ;)

SRRP77
02-01-2008, 11:46 PM
I wish that we could get people who have known him as the good doctor (she mentioned that to me) to make testimonies. Just hearing her talk about how he's always told it like it is and stood up for what he believes in, is truly inspiring- and as much as I hate to call her a senior citizen- she is, we need more people her gender and age to vote Ron Paul.

She hates McCain too, and she was like why do so many people like Obama, he always says "change" but then doesn't say how he's going to change anything...it was a funny rant.