PDA

View Full Version : MONEY BOMB: February 3rd is the day the Income Tax was Created!

faisal
02-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Who's in for the second money bomb on the money bomb train aimed at reaching 500,000?! February Third 1913 - The Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, authorizing the Federal government to impose and collect an income tax. This is the date that RON PAUL always talks about! In every speech he mentions "1913" and the income tax!

Let's make the title of the site, "The Income Tax to End All Income Taxes" and have everyone pay let's say... as much as they can?

This should be motivating!

mkeller
02-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Yes!

As a side note, is there any way that someone under 18 can donate to Ron Paul, at all? My parents support him, but not strongly enough to donate, and I don't think I can legally myself . . .

newyearsrevolution08
02-01-2008, 11:39 PM
you can in their name I believe, just give them the money and have the donate.

faisal
02-01-2008, 11:56 PM
well actually, you'd have them donate with their credit card, but you would put it under your name. You, just like every other family member, will be allowed to donate a MAX of 2,300 even though it's the same credit card. THe only catch is that you consent to donating the money with your name.

PauliticsPolitics
02-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Who's in for the second money bomb on the money bomb train aimed at reaching 500,000?!

We're all in, but the tax bomb is day three of the money train, so it will be the third money bomb technically. And we have to get $850k for each day of this money train.

If you are out of money, go to the myspace and facebook pages and get other people on the train.

NerveShocker
02-02-2008, 12:00 AM
We're all in, but the tax bomb is day three of the money train, so it will be the third money bomb technically. And we have to get $850k for each day of this money train.

If you are out of money, go to the myspace and facebook pages and get other people on the train.

Yeah I agree 1 day at a time. Plus the day after money-bombs is always big anyway we should focus on it first.

josephadel_3
02-02-2008, 12:01 AM
I am pretty sure the 16th amendment was never properly ratified by the states.

aspiringconstitutionalist
02-02-2008, 12:15 AM
I am pretty sure the 16th amendment was never properly ratified by the states.

All the more reason to donate on the 3rd! :)

mkeller
02-02-2008, 12:18 AM
well actually, you'd have them donate with their credit card, but you would put it under your name. You, just like every other family member, will be allowed to donate a MAX of 2,300 even though it's the same credit card. THe only catch is that you consent to donating the money with your name.

You sure about that? Much as I wish it were true, the info on the Ron Paul donation page seems to say that wouldn't be allowable:

1. This contribution is made on a personal credit or debit card for which I have the legal obligation to pay, and is made neither on a corporate or business entity card nor on the card of another.

2. I am a United States citizen or a lawfully-admitted permanent resident.

3. I am making this contribution with my own personal funds, and I will not be reimbursed by anyone for this contribution.

4. I am not a federal government contractor.

5. I am at least 18 years of age.

The latter emboldened part excludes me, and the former seems to say that I couldn't have my parents do it, and then pay them. However, there are a lot of grassroots projects (billboards, the blimp, etc) that need donations, so I guess I'll go for them instead.

BoBoDuFlachi
02-02-2008, 12:26 AM
http://www.rapidfiredreams.com/media/no-irs.gif

boondoggle
02-02-2008, 12:34 AM
Yes!

As a side note, is there any way that someone under 18 can donate to Ron Paul, at all? My parents support him, but not strongly enough to donate, and I don't think I can legally myself . . .

You know what? I'm seventeen, buy a visa giftcard, and then donate to the website with the giftcard. It's more of a debit card, works just like a credit card . . . And, yeah, works for me. I look at it as civil disobedience, if it makes you more comfortable, do it mentally from you materially for your parents from your parents for you . . . *cough*

paulite2008
02-02-2008, 12:42 AM
just have your parents donate on their card (in their name if you're worried) and you pay them back...i doubt anyone is going to care however u do it lol

jclay2
02-02-2008, 01:27 PM
It doesn't matter if you are 17. Just donate. That is what I did. I highly doubt any one has ever gotten in trouble for donating as a 17 year old. By the way, who made up this bull crap that made a 17 year old incapable of donating.