PDA

View Full Version : Life After the GOP Convention

icon124
02-01-2008, 10:28 PM
As you guys know our grassroots support is HUGE. I'm worried about keeping all of this together after all of this is said and done. We need to continue to stay connected and help each other with money bombs and local elections. Is there a site set up yet for this? Can we just use this one?

I've been thinking about this a lot lately and there is no way we can let our core supporters separate. We are so strong, and still growing. Anyone have any feedback on the issue?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-01-2008, 10:29 PM
We will be making a lot of decisions a whole lot sooner than the convention in Sept.

My guess is that Ron declares his independent run in March. So don't get ready to say your farewells just yet. :)

N13
02-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Ideas cannot be killed.

DeadtoSin
02-01-2008, 10:30 PM
www.freeople.com I can't remember who directed me to it, it was either 'newmedia4ronpaul' or Alex Merced. Anyway, I wanted to encourage you guys to check the site out. I've talked to the owner, and he has a good plan for it.

I've seen a lot of talk lately about continuing the Ron Paul revolution after Ron Paul's bid, successful or not. I've seen 3 or 4 people come up with some clever names and slogans, but nothing REALLY coming out of it.

Mr. Shimshock is currently having the website built, and Phase 1 should be done by the end of February. You guys should realize that this is a site that is run by a man who is open to talk to you and take your input. If you are a good writer, you can take part in the blogging section. If you happen to be a Digg/Reddit legend, well you can use your influence to help spread liberty themed news throughout the world.

I've personally talked to him, and I think he has a good plan. I feel that he is trustworthy by looking at his past actions. He organized the CNN/Youtube RP Ad competition, and the Ron Paul Letter Writing Campaign.

So if you guys want, send him an email so you can contribute to the site once it is up. Also, you are more than welcome to contribute a bit to his chip in fund with any type of donation to help offset the cost of creating the website.

DeadtoSin
02-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Of course that isn't the "official" site. There hasn't really been a main one people have flocked to. However I'm going to try to involve myself with Freeople because Mr. Shimshock has had very good success in the past with organizing stuff.

hueylong
02-01-2008, 10:31 PM
The "freedom marketplace" is taking care of this. Dozens of candidates for Congress. Dozens of freedom websites... I'm sure the grassroots Ron Paul sites won 't go away...

Dr. Paul has awakened a sleeping giant. Her name is America.

raystone
02-01-2008, 10:33 PM
there's a ton of stuff happening to keep it going...e.g, this conference call happened tonight, see agenda at bottom

Ron Paul Grassroots Conference Call

Friday, 2/1/08 at 5 PM PDT, 7 PM CDT and 8 PM EDT

Call-in Number: 605-475-4333
Participant Access Code: 280097#

(Note: subsequent weekly calls will most likely take place at the same time on MONDAY nights at a number to be determined)

This conference call continues a national conversation on how to proceed as the Ron Paul movement post February 5th. The following five point plan has found wide acceptance and enthusiasm. Please join us to discuss it.

Feel free to invite other serious Ron Paul organizers who you feel are like-minded.

-------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- --
Political Situation:

The Ron Paul Revolution is a substantial political movement in America today. However, with so much politically and psychologically riding on the Super Tuesday primaries, the Ron Paul movement could experience a significant let down and risks a dispersion of energies if the results do not match hopes and expectations. We need to re-orient politically around the Ron Paul Revolution as a long term movement and process of reclaiming our country. The run for the Republican nomination is a battle which we should continue to fight with everything we have, but we must keep the bigger picture clearly front and present. We must ensure that the Ron Paul movement continues to build on it?s substantial successes under any post Super Tuesday scenario. The Ron Paul Revolution must next make the leap from a movement to an organized political force. In order to accomplish these ends, the following program is proposed:

1. Organize to put Ron Paul on the ballot in all 50 states as an Independent, 3rd Party, New Party or Write-In Candidate.

2. Organize Congressional runs by supporters of the Ron Paul platform.

3. Organize physical Ron Paul Grassroots Centers across the country.

4. A new Ron Paul Grassroots national organization with an organizing web site (www.RonPaulGrassroots.org)

5. A Grassroots Money Bomb to raise funds to support this agenda.

jkm1864
02-01-2008, 10:54 PM
www.ConstitutionalRevolution.com Would be a good name for a site

Also I do feel we need to stick together and vote constitutionalist into the congress and senate .... Would be nice if it was just people that donated because You know alot of scam artist are going to jump up and say I am a Ron Paul conservative.

AlexMerced
02-01-2008, 10:59 PM
I'll be continuing my work doing...

- Fundraising for Liberty Candidates @ http://www.LibertyWarChest.com
- Educating with at my personal site @ http://www.MercedForFreedom.com
- Running the Liberty Independence Alliance @ http://libertyia.ning.com
- I'll also still be blogger @ http://causeoffreedom.blogspot.com

Help me keep this movement strong and join these sites.

bucfish
02-01-2008, 11:03 PM
There is an effort to make this a permanent effort and Katherine from Blimp Team and I would love to make it possible. Go to the Chip In here we are getting the legal process in the way to make the future bright for us all--- http://www.chipin.com/contribute/id/a498c487db3a4570

raystone
02-02-2008, 07:27 AM
splintering is already happening, we should be coordinating much better now for long term success.

One thing I"m going to keep pointing out in a RFP poll, for the long term, the majority voted for staying in and working in the Republican party (currently weak and can be taken over) for best chance of success vs. going to an existing 3rd party or forming one.

literatim
02-02-2008, 08:14 AM
We will be making a lot of decisions a whole lot sooner than the convention in Sept.

My guess is that Ron declares his independent run in March. So don't get ready to say your farewells just yet. :)

Ron Paul is not going to give up his congressional seat to run independent.

libertythor
02-02-2008, 08:15 AM
As you guys know our grassroots support is HUGE. I'm worried about keeping all of this together after all of this is said and done. We need to continue to stay connected and help each other with money bombs and local elections. Is there a site set up yet for this? Can we just use this one?

I've been thinking about this a lot lately and there is no way we can let our core supporters separate. We are so strong, and still growing. Anyone have any feedback on the issue?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=109273 :) I am concerned about the exact same thing.

JS4Pat
02-02-2008, 08:22 AM
Ron Paul is not going to give up his congressional seat to run independent.

I really wish he would - He is 72 years old - he only has a couple terms left anyways. A well run Independent candidacy against Clinton and McWar could change our political system forever.

As for going forward - I like the idea of taking over local GOP RECs/Groups and running candidates for office, but I do believe there needs to be some type of national structure in place that keeps the entire movement connected. (Somewhat formal structure - more than just a Forum Site)

icon124
02-02-2008, 10:40 AM
nice information guys, thank you so much