PDA

View Full Version : EMAIL FROM A FRIEND: Help get a win in Alaska

LandonCook
02-01-2008, 10:27 PM
I this email from a good friend in Alaska who I worked with while I was in Iowa...

------------------------------------
Hey Landon,

I went out on a limb for a grassroots initiative that I hope you will help me with. A group of Alaskan RP supporters put together some top-notch professionally done radio ads and were confident the campaign would help with the cost to get them on the air. They were able to work out a deal with a major radio station that reaches 70% of Alaskans in which the three ads would be rotated each hour throughout the day for 7 days, for only $2,000! But when they asked the campaign to help with the cost, they were turned down. I felt bad for them, especially since it was a couple of young guys (around 23 years) who had gone to so much effort and felt like they'd hit a brick wall. So I was able to talk someone into letting me use their credit card to front us the money, but it needs to be paid back. I just felt certain the Ron Paul supporters would rally to help our comrades in Alaska who are working so hard to try to get RP his first win (at least the first one that hopefully will not be botched by fraud) that I went ahead and borrowed the money to help them. If you can help with any amount to repay this I would appreciate it immensely. I know everyone is strapped for cash but i'd rather not be in debt. If you can help you can mail a check to: Mark White, 5906 Hoadley Rd., Cass City, MI 48726 or paypal me at addarwhite@iglide.net.

Thank you so much for all you do. I mean that! And I hope my effort to help in Alaska will resonate with you so we can pull this off successfully without anyone feeling pinched. Please pass this email on to anyone else you think would be willing to help out. I didn't do a chip-in for this as they take a sizeable chunk of each donation. If I get more donations than I need I will return them to you. If you have any questions please feel free to write me at addarwhite@iglide.net or call me at 989 325-1119.

May our efforts not only get Ron Paul into office, but also unite the hearts, lives and power of those who believe in freedom and a government that is by and for the people. Its ok if you can't but I could really use the help up here. I know you got a good thing going down in Arkansas, and hope for the best.

Your fellow freedom lover and Ron Paul supporter,
Aderet White
-----------------------------------------------------

Anyone want to help Alaska out?

Yom
02-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Bump. I can't believe HQ wouldn't help them out! Is it because of McCain-Feingold?

LandonCook
02-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Bump. I can't believe HQ wouldn't help them out! Is it because of McCain-Feingold?

Now that you mention it, I bet your right....

cswake
02-01-2008, 10:39 PM
^ Correct.

DealzOnWheelz
02-01-2008, 10:57 PM
It is illegal for them to fund Grassroots projects

Yom
02-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Goddamnit McCain, I can very easily understand why every conservative in America hates you. :mad:

ronpaulitician
02-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Goddamnit McCain, I can very easily understand why every conservative in America hates you. :mad:
One of the two conservative guys at work: "I'm gonna support Hillary, because, even though she'll pull this country down even further, at least that way we have another shot in 2012. If it's McCain, then we're looking at 2020 before we get another chance at redemption." (Me: "Might as well vote for Paul then in the general election.")

bucfish
02-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Yeah McCain Feinggold ensuring that the CFR chooses OUR presidents. Not so fast Mr. McCain you haven't been nominated yet!!!

robert4rp08
02-01-2008, 11:12 PM
start a chipin

seapilot
02-01-2008, 11:14 PM
There are radio ads being played in Alaska by the official campaign but more is always better!

BreakYourChains
02-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Bump. Start a chipin!

hueylong
02-01-2008, 11:18 PM
We haven't even heard these ads. And from what the guy described, what they're doing is WAY illegal. If they spend more than $250, they have to register a PAC.

faisal
02-01-2008, 11:19 PM
make a chip - in!

daviddee
02-01-2008, 11:21 PM

thomaseusin
02-02-2008, 12:14 AM
ok, just paypal-ed him. it's really late for the ad, but Alaska seems to be one of the fertile battlegrounds.