PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Jackson

josephadel_3
02-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Anyone else find it ironic those bastards at the federal reserve put Jackson on the most widely distributed piece of paper currency?

AlexMerced
02-01-2008, 10:56 PM
I love Jackson, he had spunk

Chester Copperpot
02-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Anyone else find it ironic those bastards at the federal reserve put Jackson on the most widely distributed piece of paper currency?

Yes all the time.. I cringe for his spirit. He must be turning in his grave.. wait no.. yelling and spitting at the people from his grave is more likely.

of course its kind of fitting for Hamilton to be on the $10 bill and especially Wilson for being on the $100,000 bill when they used to make it.

josephadel_3
02-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Yes all the time.. I cringe for his spirit. He must be turning in his grave.. wait no.. yelling and spitting at the people from his grave is more likely.

of course its kind of fitting for Hamilton to be on the $10 bill and especially Wilson for being on the $100,000 bill when they used to make it.

exactly right about hamilton. I still don't know why he was so praised. He was good with federalism, but seriously, he was an elitist, and Lincoln saw himself as the natural successor to Hamilton's agenda. Andrew Jackson was the man except for what he did to the American Indians.

hueylong
02-01-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm sure the irony wasn't lost on the (US Mint) Fed when they did it, either.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
02-01-2008, 11:20 PM

Yes.

They did it to spite his legacy.

AceNZ
02-01-2008, 11:28 PM

Given how much he fought and hated central banking: yes, absolutely!