PDA

View Full Version : Report: Mike Huckabee Set for Libertarian Party Nomination Run

TragicHipster
02-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Found here: http://freethoughtsociety.org/?q=node/617

I just got a phone call from a relative in West Virginia, a long time, hardcore libertarian who relayed to me the wildest story. He's totally a straight shooting guy and its not like he lays crazy rumors on me all the time, so whatever he said he heard he heard. And apparently there's a rumor going around that Huckabee is set to drop out of the presidential race and give a go towards the nomination with the Libertarian Party. Along with him, his staff, and his money would apparently come his constituency. And it would be all because of his call to abolish the IRS that would be the bait.

Man, that presents a great big WTF!!

On one hand, its totally whacked, because the Libertarian Party I know (of the mid-1990s) is so not going to get into bed with a southern baptist minister. On the other hand, things have really changed after 911 and, from what I've been told, "a bunch of Texas Republicans" have taken over the Libertarian Party. Much of the original, purist platform has been watered down (including the non-initiation of violence pledge membership card) and replaced with a Republican Lite Agenda (as told to me by an ex-candidate for PA governor). So maybe things are different enough, since I've been heavily involved, to make this thing a reality.

I mean, we've got Democrats and Republicans. The Republicans, in many ways at one point, represented the rhetoric of small, decentralized government. Bush has given away the store to the Chinese (and where's bin Laden?), expaned government like he was doing an LBJ impression, tapped our phones, set up a network of gulags, and instituted massive new entitlements to further enslave my progeny. I guess the deaths of millions of service men in the fight of international communism was for nothing since everything we fought against, and defeated, still seems to keep coming at us at home. And now our military is exhausted, stretched thin and unable to defend our borders.

We go hat in hand to the communist chinese to obtain loans to run this collapsing government and cartel dominated fiat banking system. And the Republican Party has morphed into... the Democratic Party. We've got a multilateralist internationalist war-mongering welfare state party vs. a unilaterialist internationalist war-mongering welfare state. Isn't democracy wonderful?

I'll post more if I find out more.

Found here: http://freethoughtsociety.org/?q=node/617

dw1345
02-01-2008, 10:07 PM
troll. take you and your 2 posts back

Mitt Romneys sideburns
02-01-2008, 10:10 PM
I hope he learns how to pronounce the word "Libertarian" before he joins up.

Litatarian, Libitarian

PimpBlimp
02-01-2008, 10:14 PM
wat

driller80545
02-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Interesting. I, too, have been wondering where the concern for America is in these times. RP and his supporters seem to be the only ones concerned about the preservation of our republic. I am no expert, but it seems to me that all the other presidential candidates are not aware of, or concerned about the fallability of their messages. It appears that our society is so preoccupied with welfare and oil that it won't consider the consequences.

TragicHipster
02-01-2008, 10:23 PM
I hope he learns how to pronounce the word "Libertarian" before he joins up. Litatarian, Libitarian

Wut?

hueylong
02-01-2008, 10:24 PM
yeah. right.

Seanmc30
02-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Hey guys I got some AWESOME land in South Central Los Angeles I want to sell.

Two mysterious billionaires are looking at the property too...you might want to beat them too it!!

The One
02-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Go tell this to the billionaire posters. Maybe they'll buy it.

torchbearer
02-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Go tell this to the billionaire posters. Maybe they'll buy it.

Actually there was someone....