PDA

View Full Version : Rally in Victoria, TX on Saturday, Feb. 2 w/ Ron Paul

wimbet
02-01-2008, 09:42 PM
I only saw 1 post on this in another subforum no one was reading. Texas has some of the largest meetup groups and Ron Paul will be there tomorrow for a rally. It takes place in Victoria which is a short drive from Houston/austin/san antonio/corpus christi.

Here is the email I got. Today was the first time I heard about this:

I wanted to invite you, your family & friends to a rally for Ron Paul in his home district in Texas!

It will be held this Saturday, Feb. 2 at 3:00 PM CT at the parking lot of the old HEB (5201 N. Navarro St, Victoria, TX 77904.)

We'll have a live band playing and Ron Paul will be giving a speech.

Please join us in celebrating the message of Freedom, Peace and Prosperity!

Mark Elam
Texas State Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

SRRP77
02-01-2008, 09:43 PM
oh $hit that's where all my family in Texas lives...i will have to give them a call.

hueylong
02-01-2008, 09:45 PM
That is Ron Paul's District.

InLoveWithRon
02-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Why is Ron wasting his time there and not in a Super Tuesday state?? He will have plenty of time to be in texas after super tuesday.

Ron should be in one of the 20 super tuesday states and NOT in Texas at this time.

SRRP77
02-01-2008, 09:47 PM
texas is a super tuesday state i thought? I dont know shes the one who told me about RP to begin with.

InLoveWithRon
02-01-2008, 09:48 PM
No.. Texas is not a Super Tuesday state.. The Texas primary is in March

afwjam
02-01-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm going, super excited.

Ron LOL
02-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Well, that sucks. There's an enormous rally planned in San Diego on the same day. We've been working like crazy here. Would've been a nice reward.

Oh well.

Kotin
02-01-2008, 10:02 PM
im going for sure.

im going to get a nice hug from Dr.Paul. with picture proof.

hueylong
02-01-2008, 10:03 PM
This is a stop for his Congressional Race.

Kotin
02-01-2008, 10:05 PM
This is a stop for his Congressional Race.

no its not..

i recieved an email from HQ about the rally and it didnt say congressional..

and all TX meetups say its national..

tamor
02-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Is this close to Houston?

eddie83
02-01-2008, 10:25 PM
From Houston, Depending on traffic 3-4 hrs. Texas is big, but you can drive fast.

hueylong
02-01-2008, 10:27 PM
It's Victoria, the southern end of the 14th Congressional District.

http://ronpaulforcongress.com/index.html

wimbet
02-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Is this close to Houston?

Really depends what side of Houston you are coming from. Should be under 2hrs for most people unless you live up north.

TexFootballMom
02-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Are you sure he is going to be there? And what time.

I thought he was doing the MTV debate tomorrow.

driller80545
02-01-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm going and I'm fired up!!!!!!!!!!!

wimbet
02-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Are you sure he is going to be there? And what time.

I thought he was doing the MTV debate tomorrow.

Yeah the MTV debate thing is at 6pm et. and its in NY. Not sure how that is possible, but I have confirmed the Victoria rally on several meetup pages. The email I got said Ron Paul would be giving a speech. I guess either his speech is on satellite or the debate is.

wimbet
02-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Rally will be in person.

MTV debate is satellite.

Taken from http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/texas/events/

Bryan
02-01-2008, 11:41 PM
I'll be there. :) Whoot! :)

Jeremy
02-01-2008, 11:43 PM
I'll be there. :) Whoot! :)

you talk??? =O

wimbet
02-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Looked around at the surrounding area meetup pages and it looks like a bunch of them do not know about the event or are not active. Too bad this was not announced earlier.

driller80545
02-02-2008, 12:06 AM
There is a bunch coming from the Corpus meetup

TexasAggie09
02-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Damn it! That's 30 minutes from my hometown, but I'll be stuck in CS studying for accounting and management tests I have next week. Crap!:mad:I'd heard about it last week, but when I looked on the official campaign website it said he would be Atlanta on the 2nd. Freakin' A.:mad:

Bender
02-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Bummer for the San Diego rally... It could have helped him so much here and just days before super tuesday. :(

ionlyknowy
02-02-2008, 01:08 AM
Well, that sucks. There's an enormous rally planned in San Diego on the same day. We've been working like crazy here. Would've been a nice reward.

Oh well.

Yeah, I cant believe he is standing us up like that... I had a few people that were warming up to RP that wanted to go because I said he was going to be... he was on the schedule and everything... then I checked it the other day and now it is just Audio of RP. Had to tell them that he wasnt going to be there......

CA is a super tuesday state. This is a big mistake. We would have had close to 5,000 people show up... SD has 1000 meetup members and LA has 700, and I bet phoenix people and maybe las vegas would have shown up.

Plus LA has a huge population... man we really needed him to come.. CA is a SUPER TUESDAY STATE SHEESH!!

dante
02-02-2008, 01:38 AM
I think he has gone back to texas cause he will be more comfortable there for the satellite debate. So while he is there... why not hold a rally... that's my best guess about the thing. Plus he's been running around for a week straight and he's 72. I'm sure he needs one night in his own bed from time to time.

wimbet
02-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Big Texas bump. I'm going to try and make it today if I can get out of work somehow.

Edu
02-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I cant believe he is standing us up like that... I had a few people that were warming up to RP that wanted to go because I said he was going to be... he was on the schedule and everything... then I checked it the other day and now it is just Audio of RP. Had to tell them that he wasnt going to be there......

CA is a super tuesday state. This is a big mistake. We would have had close to 5,000 people show up... SD has 1000 meetup members and LA has 700, and I bet phoenix people and maybe las vegas would have shown up.

Plus LA has a huge population... man we really needed him to come.. CA is a SUPER TUESDAY STATE SHEESH!!I'm sorry but if people aren't going to vote for him just because he couldn't be there then they shouldn't be voting.

itshappening
02-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Don't forget!!

RP is under threat by a neocon trying to unseat him in congress

I suspect this appearence is going to kick off his (smaller) congressional campaign

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-02-2008, 09:19 AM
This was announced about a week ago, and all Meetups within several hours of Victoria were notified. We have about 45 people going from our San Antonio group. Apparently he changed flight plans so he could be there, this rally is for his Congressional race. A neo-con moron is running against him in the Texas primary on March 4th.

MidnightUT
02-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Rally will be in person.

MTV debate is satellite.

Taken from http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/texas/events/

Has this been confirmed somewhere? I've seen several places that the rally is in person, but the only way he can do the debate afterwards is if all the candidates are on satellite feeds.

Me and a few friends are driving down from Austin to see him speak. We're all pumped since we didn't figure we'd get to hear him in person since we're basically unimportant until March.

I'm excited to see him, but I think the MTV debate is more important. Especially if they give him equal time for a change.

Also, are McCain and Romney not going to show up? Last I saw they were invited but unconfirmed.

-------

To answer my own questions. After a lot more searching and reading, it looks like he'll be live in Victoria, satellite to MTV debate. Romney and McCain will not be on the debate. And it looks as if some candidates will be live at the debate and some are using satellite. Not sure who will be live and who isn't. Please let me know if any of this is incorrect.