PDA

View Full Version : errrrm, Some constuctive criticism

Wyurm
08-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Ok, first, I would like to mention that I love the spirit and passion I see at the rallies I've seen on youtube, justintv, etc... Such passion is awsome, however, I was wondering if it would be possible for the person in charge of the megaphone to stop saying "Who ya gonna call?" (audience responds: "Ron Paul!").

I'm not trying to nit-pick, but it is cheesy, really cheesy. Its not Ghostbusters. Now, I know it rhymes and all that so, I felt that if I was going to bring this up before RP comes to Chicago (where I will actually be a part of it and having to deal with my wife laughing at me if someone says the "who ya gonna call?" thing.) that I should in all fairness come up with some alternative suggestions:

Who's the candidate for all?
Who's gonna make the government obey the law?
Who's gonna make the govenrment small?

Sorry, that was the best I could come up with. Now, don't, please don't be offended, esp. if you are the one that came up with the "who you gonna call?" thing, and if it does upset anyone that I'm suggesting a change, well, I'm sincerely sorry.

It's just a suggestion. :o

Shatterhand
08-06-2007, 04:46 PM
I prefer when they say,

"Say Yes to Dr. No!"

or maybe

"Just Come Home."

or everyone can sing a familiar peace song, etc.

I don't think it sounds good when people yell, "Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul!"

Just doesn't sound right.

Or, "Who ya gonna call?!"
"Ron Paul! Ron Paul!"

I prefer something more poetic and less mob-like. :)

Spirit of '76
08-06-2007, 04:47 PM
My suggestion would be to get out to the rallies and lead a cheer yourself. :)

At Pittsburgh, we heard all kinds of good ones, but if the "Who you gonna call?" thing gets people pumped up at a certain time in a certain place, it's alright with me.

Wyurm
08-06-2007, 04:49 PM
My suggestion would be to get out to the rallies and lead a cheer yourself. :)

At Pittsburgh, we heard all kinds of good ones, but if the "Who you gonna call?" thing gets people pumped up at a certain time in a certain place, it's alright with me.

Well, thats just it, when RP comes here, I will be, but I'm not going to grab the megaphone out of the hands of whomever has it.

Also, like Ron Paul himself said backstage during the Mars rally, it seems like its the same guy every time.

Spirit of '76
08-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Well, thats just it, when RP comes here, I will be, but I'm not going to grab the megaphone out of the hands of whomever has it.

Also, like Ron Paul himself said backstage during the Mars rally, it seems like its the same guy every time.

At Pittsburgh, there was no megaphone, and I don't recall hearing the "Who you gonna call?" chant except when they played the preliminary videos and it got to the footage of the Des Moines rally.

Broadlighter
08-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Why curb the enthusiasm this way? Part of Dr. Paul's message is that freedom means tolerating your neighbors even though you find some of their behaviors distasteful.

At the rally in Mountain View, CA, there was a small group of guys that kept yelling "9/11's an inside job!" I thought they were annoying, but so what?

It's great to see a group of people from such different points of view uniting behind Dr. Paul. This is part of his liberty message.

Wyurm
08-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Why curb the enthusiasm this way? Part of Dr. Paul's message is that freedom means tolerating your neighbors even though you find some of their behaviors distasteful.

At the rally in Mountain View, CA, there was a small group of guys that kept yelling "9/11's an inside job!" I thought they were annoying, but so what.

It's great to see a group of people from such different points of view uniting behind Dr. Paul. This is part of the liberty message.

No, thats not what I am trying for which is why I debated even mentioning it. I do kinda hate that every time I suggest something, someone will inevitably say I'm curbing enthusiasm. But hey, to each their own. If you want to be cheesy, go for it :)

Spirit of '76
08-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Cheese is delicious.

militant
08-06-2007, 05:56 PM
who you gonna call?
1 800 ron paul

.... gets people calling to find out wtf. better than the regular. but it doesn't exactly flow. oh well.

UtahApocalypse
08-06-2007, 06:03 PM
"Ron Paul" followed by crowd "Revolution"
"Vote to save" and then "the Constitution"

Spirit of '76
08-06-2007, 06:22 PM

That's a good one!

Revolution9
08-06-2007, 06:24 PM
That's a good one!

I second the motion. I am lukewarm on the other so far.

Best Regards
Randy

Wyurm
08-06-2007, 06:35 PM

Now, see, I like this one, it works really well. :)

ronpaulitician
08-06-2007, 06:38 PM
We've got a winner.