PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from a local GOP dinner

krott5333
02-01-2008, 09:06 PM
it sucked.

neo-con paradise.

they were giving away free "support the troops: win the war" signs.

Sorry dudes, I already have my "support the troops: end the war" sign.

And Congressman Phil English is so assumptive and divisive.. democrats suck, blah blah, blindly support the republican party.

And they wonder why the dems have raised over 5x as much money.

The food sucked too. Meatloaf they claimed was "swiss steak", fake mashed potatoes.. perhaps the democrat dinner would have had some decent food.

Oh well. I have to put up with this crap so I can actually change the party.

hueylong
02-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Get us in there, and we'll have REAL FOOD at political dinners!

krott5333
02-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Get us in there, and we'll have REAL FOOD at political dinners!

yeah no shit. Give me a prime rib and a bottle of yuengling that hasn't been sitting on the shelf for 6 months. Tasted like I was drinking skunk piss.

DealzOnWheelz
02-01-2008, 09:13 PM
You should show them the info on how ron paul got more donations from the military than every other candidat COMBINED

And then ask How would you like us to support the troops??

damoncrowe
02-01-2008, 09:14 PM
it sucked.

neo-con paradise.

they were giving away free "support the troops: win the war" signs.

Sorry dudes, I already have my "support the troops: end the war" sign.

And Congressman Phil English is so assumptive and divisive.. democrats suck, blah blah, blindly support the republican party.

And they wonder why the dems have raised over 5x as much money.

The food sucked too. Meatloaf they claimed was "swiss steak", fake mashed potatoes.. perhaps the democrat dinner would have had some decent food.

Oh well. I have to put up with this crap so I can actually change the party.
I spoke at our local GOP dinner last week and it sucked. You have to understand that the kind of people that generally go to these are hard core neocons. We did catch one fish maybe. Afterwards I was speaking to the chairman and he informed me that he thinks he should pay income taxes on his Social inSecurity! What an idiot! These kinds of people love being taxed apparently. THat is what we are up against at the local GOP dinners.

bulloncoins
02-01-2008, 09:18 PM
I spoke at our local GOP dinner last week and it sucked. You have to understand that the kind of people that generally go to these are hard core neocons. We did catch one fish maybe. Afterwards I was speaking to the chairman and he informed me that he thinks he should pay income taxes on his Social inSecurity! What an idiot! These kinds of people love being taxed apparently. THat is what we are up against at the local GOP dinners.

I would have looked him in the eye and said "Like the President said in his state of the union address, the treasury will be happy to take your check."

damoncrowe
02-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I would have looked him in the eye and said "Like the President said in his state of the union address, the treasury will be happy to take your check."

I was in awe. Good point, though. The problem with these people is that they consider being overburdened with unconstitutional taxes to be OUR patriotic duty. I have offered to let people like that pay some of mine. They never bite, though.

devil21
02-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Afterwards I was speaking to the chairman and he informed me that he thinks he should pay income taxes on his Social inSecurity! What an idiot! These kinds of people love being taxed apparently. THat is what we are up against at the local GOP dinners.

That's exactly why the two party system is quickly eroding. The dems are the tax and spend party. Now apparently so is the republican party. And they don't even realize it.

Bender
02-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Its best just to say that "75% (or whatever) of people want out of this war and they will vote that way. Without a pro-peace republican candidate, the Democrats (make them sound evil) will have both the congress and the white house next year." It hasn't worked on my neo-con parents but it has made them think.

Soccrmastr
02-01-2008, 09:45 PM
LOL, just stay involved and let them know about Ron Pauls conservativsm. If there aren't a lot of new faces in local politics things can get a bit stagnant (to put lightly.) You should see the town hall meeting around me! 6 hour discussions on putting up 3 lamp posts in town and then they spend the next 3 months meetings discussing what a great success it was lol. 0.o !!

jcbraithwaite7
02-01-2008, 09:54 PM
I went to one and we had crappy dry chicken breast and when I came back with my food a slimy rep for Ghoul had put a flyer for Rudy on my placemat. Then a guy said, "Tap my phones I don't have anything to hide" followed by his wife saying, "Ron Paul he is the one that said we deserved 911." Besides the fact that I was the only person under 60 besides the paid Ghoul rep.

I know it is something we have to do to take back the party but I would rather have a root canal than sit there with all those neo-cons. I was at the Orlando Fox Debate and had to sit in the snake pit watching little old ladies with diamond elephant pins squeal over seeing Hannity. I really wish I would have had a few drinks before going in. It is rough after your eyes are opened.

BTW- Patrick- I sent you a box of my slim jims since Florida is done. You should have them in a few days.

RonPaulFTW08
02-03-2008, 12:30 PM
it sucked.

There the neo-cons go, lying right to our face again!:p

virginiakid
02-03-2008, 12:32 PM
I think it is funny that they think we are all going to vote for McCain or Romney. Aren't they in for a surprise.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 12:34 PM
More evidene that the GOP is a dying party.

colin1
02-03-2008, 12:49 PM
More evidene that the GOP is a dying party.

my thoughts exactly...obama raised something like $37 million in january...without ron as the candidate, the repubs will lose this election in a landslide. And the neo-cons will slither back to the democratic party leaving a viscous, stinking trail of slime in their wake.

painter4Ron Paul
02-03-2008, 12:52 PM
okey dokkey