PDA

View Full Version : gov Ed Rendell tells people to look up Ron Paul

ItsTime
02-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Ok what? Im confused because he endorsed Clinton. But just now on the comcast channel he encouraged people to look up Ron Paul because the media is not giving him a fair shake.

Sorry no youtube.

Mckarnin
02-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Ok what? Im confused because he endorsed Clinton. But just now on the comcast channel he encouraged people to look up Ron Paul because the media is not giving him a fair shake.

Sorry no youtube.

Ok, that would be, hmmm, one of the first things I've heard about Ed Rendell that I like. I must find it.

mmink15
02-01-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm telling you there is a HUGE amount of Ron Paul support in PA.
Obviously the rallies in Philly and his birth in Pittsburgh, which covers most of our states population. Also, the farm and rural communities. I live in Lancaster where our meetup is 125 strong and Ron Paul signs are everywhere and our primary isn't til the end of April!!!!!
However, we are not getting lackadaisical because we know so few people are paying attention yet around here so there is still lots of work to do.
BTW Good luck Super Tuesday states. We are routing for you!

roflwofl89
02-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Ok, that would be, hmmm, one of the first things I've heard about Ed Rendell that I like. I must find it.

Agreed.

Cowlesy
02-01-2008, 08:51 PM
A lot of great level-headed folks in PA. My ex used to babysit for former Governor Ridge's kids --- he's actually a really good guy (though a bit misguided)...he'd be one who'd listen to you.

I'd be very surprised that Ed Rendell even knew who Ron was

homah
02-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Obviously the rallies in Philly and his birth in Pittsburgh, which covers most of our states population. Also, the farm and rural communities. I live in Lancaster where our meetup is 125 strong and Ron Paul signs are everywhere and our primary isn't til the end of April!!!!!
However, we are not getting lackadaisical because we know so few people are paying attention yet around here so there is still lots of work to do.

I need to move back to PA (my Mom lives in Lancaster). :(

familydog
02-01-2008, 08:53 PM

Sorry no youtube.

:eek:

Lol.

Cowlesy
02-01-2008, 08:54 PM

I went to Franklin & Marshall College (Lancaster) --- downed a lot of dollar-drafts at The Village

homah
02-01-2008, 08:54 PM
I told Rendell about our supporters throwing snowballs at Hannity and it reminded him of how he used to throw snowballs at Santa Claus. That's why he gave Paul the shout out.

NEPA_Revolution
02-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Wow that is great. I would love for Hillary to go down and Rendell to endorce Paul.

Knightskye
02-01-2008, 08:56 PM
The NJ governor probably wouldn't want people to look up Ron Paul. Here's a recent quote of his. "Pigs will fly over the statehouse before we cut spending." :eek: Probably won't be supporting Sabrin either, :D.

ItsTime
02-01-2008, 08:56 PM
When is Penn voting (sorry for my ignorance)

evadmurd
02-01-2008, 08:57 PM

Yeh, but will they VOTE for him....that has been the million dollar question all along-- how to get the "support" to vote.

DealzOnWheelz
02-01-2008, 09:00 PM
april 22nd is PA primary

Cowlesy
02-01-2008, 09:01 PM
The NJ governor probably wouldn't want people to look up Ron Paul. Here's a recent quote of his. "Pigs will fly over the statehouse before we cut spending." :eek: Probably won't be supporting Sabrin either, :D.

This Sabrin guy sounds like an interesting character. He's giving me a call tomorrow to speak about his campaign --- I watched some Youtube and he's very well spoken and clearly extremely intelligent --- any other intel on him?

roflwofl89
02-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Yeh, but will they VOTE for him....that has been the million dollar question all along-- how to get the "support" to vote.

I will be :D

krott5333
02-01-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm not so sure that is a good thing, at least not here in Erie.

I dont think ANYONE likes Rendell around here!

mmink15
02-01-2008, 09:10 PM

I certainly hope so. We have been stressing the ridiculousness of the electability factor around here for months.
It's not a horse race it's a democratic election, you don't vote for the winner you vote on the issues.
Vote your conscience.
If they are gonna win anyway they don't need your vote, but we need your voice.
and on
and on
I really hope it pays off but only time will tell

Knightskye
02-01-2008, 09:13 PM
any other intel on him?

He's a Ron Paul Republican. Lol. www.sabrinforsenate.com :D

amy31416
02-01-2008, 09:18 PM
A lot of great level-headed folks in PA. My ex used to babysit for former Governor Ridge's kids --- he's actually a really good guy (though a bit misguided)...he'd be one who'd listen to you.

My Grandmother lived two blocks away from Ridge...

charger
02-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Ron Paul is the man in Pa. Around my area his signs are everywhere. I live 20 miles north east of Lancater. People here hate taxes love guns and want the government out of our lives.
Ron Paul is the popular choice. We are supprised he wasn't more popular in the states that voted so far.
He is catching on!
I heard Ann Coulter today say if McCain is the GOP nominee she might wright in Ron Paul in November.
In Pa many of us have the same plan!

ItsTime
02-01-2008, 09:29 PM
I find it funny that when a thread about Ed Rendell, google thinks I would want to click an ad for "philippines dating".... lol

Mckarnin
02-01-2008, 09:40 PM

If I find it I'll keep my ears perked up...I wonder if we could ever get to endorsement level support...of course it is from Eddie Rendell...but, he did get elected in PA so it would probably help persuade some people. :rolleyes:

Cowlesy
02-01-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm not so sure that is a good thing, at least not here in Erie.

I dont think ANYONE likes Rendell around here!

You can find Ridge at Chuck & Ginny's if it still exists. I *think* we saw him there twice with his Mom.

PennCustom4RP
02-01-2008, 10:31 PM

I am moving back June 1, Hello my beautiful Poconos...

This does surprise me with Rendell, though he did a decent job in Philly, much better than the criminals running it now...

N13
02-01-2008, 10:39 PM
PA is Ron Paul country. With some elbow grease I think we can win this one.

The early polls favored Rudy, but the Ghoul is buried now. McCain is not a PA kind of Republican. Romney and Huckabee, if they are still around, will not do well either.

I'm signing the petition for RP delegates tomorrow. Our primary is late in April, but we are plenty busy now.

mahopaul
02-01-2008, 10:49 PM
"I told Rendell about our supporters throwing snowballs at Hannity and it reminded him of how he used to throw snowballs at Santa Claus. That's why he gave Paul the shout out."

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

polexi
02-01-2008, 11:00 PM

I live in West Chester, not too far from the outlets on 30. Our meetup is 150ish, but I have only seen a few bumper stickers and signs, nothing special. Statistics show McCain has a lot of support.....:confused: